ESOC Patch 8.2.0.0 released

No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Re: ESOC Patch 8.2.0.0 released

Post by deleted_user0 »

But I'm optimistic about my Indian future! Even though India was the nerfed to the bottom civ, with 30% win percentage last tournaments they're seeming to get minimal nerfs every week! 2 rounds played, 2 hotfixes, 2 small buffs.
After week 5 we might be back to normal India without cease!
CMC should expect me to play India again versus them, week 5.
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

Qosashvili93 wrote:
Qosashvili93 wrote:Im bad so someone help me to understand

1) isnt 80 wood house cost for india really bad?

2)soo india is now officially ff civ? And with 80 wood house cost ff also slower or making units while ffing harder? xp penalty does much?

3) is now india weaker on ep than re? On re they have at least cease fire and great sepoys

4)8 cons huss maybe too good but at most situations after ff u need deal falcs so need elis, this intervetion can be second shipment when oponent will have at least 12 15 goon and is it really such scary to deal with 15 goon 8 hussar?
Maybe I should shit on someone if I wanted answers :hmm:
uhh, yeah?

1) It's fine. Consider that, at this point, just reverting to EP 1.2 or whatever the Sepoy nerf patch was would be a significant buff, 80w is ok. The difference in wood gathered over an entire game is under 200w for 200pop, so tbh it was a very small nerf in the first place.

2) You're overestimating how much 70w house to 80w house is gonna change. India will still be good in age 2 and 3 I'd think.

3) RE India is definitely stronger. 180 hp sepoys is a really significant nerf by itself.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
Norway aqwer
Dragoon

Post by aqwer »

knusch wrote:
aqwer wrote:
Show hidden quotes
On another topic, can we give 1 "Aoe" to abus guns with imperial upgrades. It will only effect team game, which i think otto is kinda bad late game.
otto tends to be a lottery pick in teamgames. either somewhat broken coz of an unkillable army and underrated eco tp/wtr maps or more or less instant loss on other maps.
i don't think that u need such a change nor will it affect 99.9% of games tbh
Otto eco is teriblein team games, thats why otto team is forced to rush almost always. But if you are not okay with this change, is it possible to give otto age 1 mill and plantation cards.
#trainableSpahi
Austria knusch
Pro Player
EWTDonator 01

Post by knusch »

aqwer wrote:
knusch wrote:
Show hidden quotes
otto tends to be a lottery pick in teamgames. either somewhat broken coz of an unkillable army and underrated eco tp/wtr maps or more or less instant loss on other maps.
Otto eco is teriblein team games, thats why otto team is forced to rush almost always. But if you are not okay with this change, is it possible to give otto age 1 mill and plantation cards.
it's pretty much as terrible as in 1v1 in case u cant have a tp route or wtr. thats the problem around balancing otto, the civ will always depend on the map like no other. abus already kill pretty much everything unless u get outmassed like crazy and/ or trapped. it only becomes harder to kill abus with mates to protect them
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

aqwer wrote:
knusch wrote:
Show hidden quotes
If by "rush" you mean team games that aren't 3v3 Deccan, then yes Otto isn't A tier, but we don't balance around 3v3 Deccan.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

Just imagine if there was a patch dedicated to pr25 3v3 deccan gameplay designed by Gibson... :p
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

Just to clarify, it seems aztec still have 2 wh age up to colonial but no hp buff, correct?
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우슀

Post by n0el »

Yes
mad cuz bad
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

IAmSoldieR wrote:Just to clarify, it seems aztec still have 2 wh age up to colonial but no hp buff, correct?
And the wh take 8sec longer to build.
Norway aqwer
Dragoon

Post by aqwer »

forgrin wrote:
aqwer wrote:
Show hidden quotes
If by "rush" you mean team games that aren't 3v3 Deccan, then yes Otto isn't A tier, but we don't balance around 3v3 Deccan.
Not talking about it either. To whom it was refereed, knows what it meant.
#trainableSpahi
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

Goodspeed wrote:
Mr_Bramboy wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:I'm not saying it's comparable, though it's not like EPL is a 1-week event either. The point was it's a mid-tournament patch which people claimed "never" happened.
If you're going to be bad faith posting and taking each word literally, then please be my guest but do so outside of meaningful EP discussion.
I genuinely don't see how it's bad faith to point out that Blizzard does mid tournament patches when asked "who the hell does mid-tournament patches?".
It happened once or twice in the entire history of SC2 and you make it sound like it's a normal thing.

No, it is not. Look at what MrBramboy wrote, he explained the situation and why it happened pretty thoroughly.

Blizzard always made sure not to fuck up tournament schedules with releasing patches randomly.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

aaryngend wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:
Show hidden quotes
I genuinely don't see how it's bad faith to point out that Blizzard does mid tournament patches when asked "who the hell does mid-tournament patches?".
It happened once or twice in the entire history of SC2 and you make it sound like it's a normal thing.
I make it sound like it happened, because it did (more than twice). I did that because people were explicitly saying that it never happens, and I dislike misinformation. For the record, that doesn't mean I agree with the release timing.
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

aaryngend wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:
Show hidden quotes

No, it is not. Look at what MrBramboy wrote, he explained the situation and why it happened pretty thoroughly.

Blizzard always made sure not to fuck up tournament schedules with releasing patches randomly.
How did EP 8.2 "fuck up tournament schedule" though?
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah

Post by gamevideo113 »

IAmSoldieR wrote:Just to clarify, it seems aztec still have 2 wh age up to colonial but no hp buff, correct?
Correct indeed
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
China Zeke
Dragoon
ESO: XYH

Post by Zeke »

I do see some of the changes being warranted or helpful to the balance (tho I also disagree with some of them), but the point is most people ITT would agree that this is not the correct time to release this patch. As GS says, everyone may make mistakes, but still we can try to fix the problem here instead of blame the people who made the mistake and do nothing else (not offensive to anyone :smile: )
Tournament Schedule.png
As shown in the above image, there is actually a break week in the schedule of EPL S2 (April 27th through May 3rd), which should be the proper time to release this patch rather than in-between week 2 and week 3. Players will be informed and have enough time to test out if any of those changes will have impacts on their BO during this break week. Also, the new patch can be coupled with the midseason auction to bring some fresh air to EPL. For this thread, it can be turned into smt like an announcement of this upcoming patch 8.2, and keep using patch 8.1 for the 3rd week. Maybe patch 8.2 can be added to the beta so that it can be tested by any players if they wish to do so.
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

Is the age 2 aztec war hut trav build rate inconsistent with every other trav? Or did every one in the game get this nerf? What about the build rate if you agree to 3 with them?
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

IAmSoldieR wrote:Is the age 2 aztec war hut trav build rate inconsistent with every other trav? Or did every one in the game get this nerf? What about the build rate if you agree to 3 with them?
It's not unconsistent no. Zoi just felt the need to change it.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Regardless of the changes there shouldn’t be changes during a tournament imo. When this happens during a csgo league they continue playing on the old patch.
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah

Post by gamevideo113 »

IAmSoldieR wrote:Is the age 2 aztec war hut trav build rate inconsistent with every other trav? Or did every one in the game get this nerf? What about the build rate if you agree to 3 with them?
It's just aztec age2 ageup travois
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Canada p1kn1c
Crossbow
ESO: p1kn1c

Post by p1kn1c »

gibson wrote:Regardless of the changes there shouldn’t be changes during a tournament imo. When this happens during a csgo league they continue playing on the old patch.
Valve updates dota2 all the time during leagues and players play on the new patch same day, not really sure why it matters. The whole "We prepared on X patch, it isn't fair" is kind of bogus, I don't think it has a large effect.
Sweden Zutazuta
Howdah
zuta

Post by Zutazuta »

I think we need a SwePatch. @Victor_swe
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

p1kn1c wrote:
gibson wrote:Regardless of the changes there shouldn’t be changes during a tournament imo. When this happens during a csgo league they continue playing on the old patch.
Valve updates dota2 all the time during leagues and players play on the new patch same day, not really sure why it matters. The whole "We prepared on X patch, it isn't fair" is kind of bogus, I don't think it has a large effect.
If you don’t see why changing the patch in the middle of a tourney matters, I’m not sure what to say to you. A quick google search says that valve changed their patch schedule for dota specifically so it won’t happen during large tournaments, after pros got pissed about a patch during a large tournament, so you’re wrong in that respect as well.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes ... ashes/amp/
Sweden Victor_swe
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by Victor_swe »

Zutazuta wrote:I think we need a SwePatch. @Victor_swe
Isnt this really a swe patch already tho?
They way people flame it and a sweboi makin it. Feels like a typical swe patch to me. Also how do u know zoi aaint getting theese awesome ideas from me :hehe:
Dead hunts cant walk....

BrookG - "There is a G in everyone"
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

- Villagers now automatically kill all animals within 12 range
- "The Governor" changed to 200c + 3 Barracks wagons.
- 700f buffed to 800f. 700w decreased to 500w.
- 6 Musketeers increased to 8 Musketeers
- 6 Longbowmen increased to 8 Longbowmen
Sweden Zutazuta
Howdah
zuta

Post by Zutazuta »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:
- Villagers now automatically kill all animals within 12 range
- "The Governor" changed to 200c + 3 Barracks wagons.
- 700f buffed to 800f. 700w decreased to 500w.
- 6 Musketeers increased to 8 Musketeers
- 6 Longbowmen increased to 8 Longbowmen
These are the new patch notes upon which we play.