Announcing iNcog's Empire Cup 2!

United States of America giveuanxiety
Advanced Player
Donator 02
ESO: GiveUAnxiety

Re: Announcing iNcog's Empire Cup 2!

Post by giveuanxiety »

No reason to be immature and unprofessional. Acting like that just justifies the ban continuing and it being the right call.
Lasol wrote: :hmm: just Saw a YouTube video with giveyouanexiaty. He Said check youre stove, if you Want to improve youre aoe3 skills.

WHAT does check your stove means? And how do you do it?
United States of America vardar
Lancer
ESO: VardarB98/DemonDeacs

Post by vardar »

princeofcarthage wrote:Unexpected like from @vardar
I will not lie, I found that quite funny :hehe:
c0ns!
No Flag Astaroth
Howdah

Post by Astaroth »

It just seems silly to ban someone seemingly forever for one offense when even actual moesbar cheaters have gotten second chances.

At least there should be some kind of time limit to the ban. The community is small enough as it is and neither of them has afaik ever done anything wrong aside from that.

Not apologizing isn't good form, but on all forums it is completely normal to assign a punishment for a limited time and eventually lift it, apology or not.

If they ever do anything like this again, just ban them for life. Otherwise just give them a second chance.
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

But kynesie did apologize, and it fell on deaf ears back then. The thread continued with pages of shaming conga. I don't think more needs to be said on their part.

Reacting in a sarcastic way is suboptimal, but a hot-headed, reckless acceptance of a friend's suggestion of smurfing in one game, even an important one, is not exactly a forever-tainting criminal activity.

Considering a year has passed and the ban is still on, I sympathize with Tit being annoyed by a refusal of his participation in a minor tournament.
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

Astaroth wrote:It just seems silly to ban someone seemingly forever for one offense when even actual moesbar cheaters have gotten second chances.

..... Otherwise just give them a second chance.
Not really sure you can compare people who moesbar hack on RE in standard non tourny ladder games vs predetermined and deliberate cheating/smurfing in a tournament which nearly changed who would have had free plane tickets and entry to the biggest lan tourny ever conducted. If you still think this was just 'one offense' and should be unbanned then jog on mate.
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

Imperial Noob wrote:But kynesie did apologize, and it fell on deaf ears back then. The thread continued with pages of shaming conga.
Can u post a link where they apologized please
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

I wonder how Tit would react if someone would have tried to do something like this to his friend, (kynesie). After playing with him for 9-10 years but never had the opportunity to meet him in person. I'm pretty sure he'd think that the ban is justified and should stay. It would have been a robbery if Erik could have not attended the lan because of their stunt, and to this day i'm glad they got caught for it.
The ban is justified, getting a way with it would have been the same as stealing someone's free holiday, money and awesome experience.
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
Great Britain TheNameDaniel
Advanced Player
Donator 01
ESO: danielek

Post by TheNameDaniel »

can we keep it relevant to the current tourney?
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

Fraud is a very real crime, and it is a much larger offense than using moesbar or maphack--none of whom have actually received second chances to my knowledge as you suggest @Astaroth. And even the fact that it was Kynesie's suggestion does not absolve Tit; he surely understood what an unfair situation he was putting Snowww into, and how unsportsmanlike it would be to accept. He accepted anyway, despite having a very real chance to get a victory himself if he tried.

I'm not trying to say that they should remain banned from tournaments forever, but I am not opposed to leaving it in place either, given the situation. Some kind of acknowledgement of wrongdoing or remorse would be a good place to start in regaining trust from players and staff alike.

Additionally, Kynesie's "apology" appeared to have little remorse in it, and although he did acknowledge that "It was completely stupid," it would be nice to have apologized to Snowww and the tournament staff for having done it.

@rsy here it is: viewtopic.php?f=651&t=17127&p=362308#p362308
No Flag Astaroth
Howdah

Post by Astaroth »

All I'm saying is that it seems silly to ban someone forever for this. Yes, it was a big mistake, but where do you go from there?

At least put some sort of clear condition or end date on it and be done with it.
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

"Silly" doesn't seem like an appropriate word to describe the consequences of cheating in the largest and most prestigious cash-prize competition in the game's recent history to the detriment of players, spectators, and organizers, but sure.

IIRC a date was set sometime in the future to review the ban, but I don't remember exactly when that was or is.

Don't get me wrong. The community is definitely missing out as a result of these players being unable to compete. But that doesn't mean that the punishment is unjust.
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

I find it unlikely than any competitors with a real shot at victories will attempt it again any time soon, especially considering that the IP check did catch the offenders back then. Moreover, the situation was very unique, because it was a case of two top 8-16 players doing it. I don't see any other top players finding someone willing to play a bigger fish like that ever in the future of this game.

So it's just a question of personal punishment, and considering that quite a few tournaments have passed already, I think it could be the time to lift the ban, at least on a smaller scale first. Probation, if you will.
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

Astaroth wrote:All I'm saying is that it seems silly to ban someone forever for this. Yes, it was a big mistake, but where do you go from there?

At least put some sort of clear condition or end date on it and be done with it.
I think a sincere apology from both would go a long way towards getting them unbanned from the tournament. What I see in that thread Mitoe linked doesn't feel like an apology but rather an excuse
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Super @iNcog Thank you for your generosity.
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

iwillspankyou wrote:Super @iNcog Thank you for your generosity.
I appreciate the kind words. A while back some stuff happened to me and I lost some money due to my idiocy. I realized then that I would much rather have money going into the community that I love as opposed to be being an idiot and paying up to clean up after myself.

@Zutazuta @XeeleeFlower @minimoult21 all contributed a lot of money as well. A ton of credit goes to them! and a ton of credit goes to the ESOC staff who are taking the time to run the event. :)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
France Aykin Haraka
Howdah
EWT
ESO: aykin

Post by Aykin Haraka »

keep calm bro i just asked if i can compete in this tourney
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

i feel like tit responded quite maturely in this thread , he politely asked if he could join and accepted that incog said no, cant we just leave it at that
United States of America giveuanxiety
Advanced Player
Donator 02
ESO: GiveUAnxiety

Post by giveuanxiety »

Anyways the tournament is rigged to be played on 4th of July so no NA players can win it.
Lasol wrote: :hmm: just Saw a YouTube video with giveyouanexiaty. He Said check youre stove, if you Want to improve youre aoe3 skills.

WHAT does check your stove means? And how do you do it?
Tokelau jesus3
Jaeger

Post by jesus3 »

Assuming a NA player besides Mitoe could win it and Mitoe will be totally fine with it
Australia wardyb1
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: wardyb1

Post by wardyb1 »

Also don't people get time off on a public holiday? So they are more likely to be able to play?
“To love the journey is to accept no such end. I have found, through painful experience, that the most important step a person can take is always the next one.”
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

giveuanxiety wrote:Anyways the tournament is rigged to be played on 4th of July so no NA players can win it.
It's cuz ESOC has a lot of stuff planned, so we moved it up! :)
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

wardyb1 wrote:Also don't people get time off on a public holiday? So they are more likely to be able to play?
yes but that time is allocated to getting drunk, hamburgers and fireworks though, not aoe
Australia wardyb1
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: wardyb1

Post by wardyb1 »

iNcog wrote:
wardyb1 wrote:Also don't people get time off on a public holiday? So they are more likely to be able to play?
yes but that time is allocated to getting drunk, hamburgers and fireworks though, not aoe
Yeah fair enough. Still figured it may give a chance to some NA players that maybe don't normally get to play tourneys.
“To love the journey is to accept no such end. I have found, through painful experience, that the most important step a person can take is always the next one.”
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

I'm pretty sure they'd be unbanned by now if they just apologized yeah. It would be a pretty simple and obvious thing to do (and for the record Kynesie's post wasn't an apology). But like Tit's answer suggests in this thread, they seem to think they don't have to be sorry about anything, or they're too proud to say sorry or something. Either way, how can you expect to be unbanned then?
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France Guigs
Tournament Admin
ESO: Guigs

Post by Guigs »

Since everybody seems to be giving his opinion, in any other competitive game it would have been 5 years ban or life ban for this, just saying