Bracket & Home Maps Revealed! ⚔️ $750 ESOC Stay-at-Home Cup

Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Re: Bracket & Home Maps Revealed! ⚔️ $750 ESOC Stay-at-Home Cup

Post by sebnan12 »

lol what the heck... when u creat an account on this forum it tells u that its in english. theres google translater aswell and on top of that hes not the only brazilian here..
nearly everything u argue with here is completly out of hands. the only argument i like is mitoes whos saying that it shud be random maps. but then again someone picking for u is random in some ways.
there are just too many internet soldiers trying to defend someone when theres no need to. he didnt do his job of submitting maps. alot of people here work full time and maybe have a relationship. if u dont have time for the game why even play it. no one forces u. such crappy arguing..
sry look but this ones on u
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

maybe this could also be posted on "What's your most controversial opinion?" but...
I think ceylon is a fun map.
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

harcha wrote:maybe this could also be posted on "What's your most controversial opinion?" but...
I think ceylon is a fun map.
Ceylon is a fun map as a matter of fact :P. Competitive would be a controversial opinion
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

dansil92 wrote:Thats... thats what random means
Giving people ceylon and indonesia every time does sound super random to me too yeah...
deleted_user wrote:This is kind of typical - admins make a decision, receive criticism from the community regarding their decision, and then become defensive instead of engaging/even acknowledging the community's points.

Prince isn't the issue here. In some capacity, he specifically requested admins surprise him with a human-picked map pool. That is different than a player who forgot to submit their maps, or was unaware. These players should be given randomized map pools in the interest of fairness, to eliminate bias, and provide a better tournament experience.
Yeah I agree. They should have picked their maps of course, but if they don't then randomness is the least biased way. Here it seems like admins are trolling or punishing these players, doesn't look very professional.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Germany blackout
Dragoon

Post by blackout »

sebnan12 wrote:alot of people here work full time and maybe have a relationship.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Is it allowed to forfeit ceylon but still play out the rest of the series btw
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Finland somp
Dragoon

Post by somp »

sebnan12 wrote:lol what the heck... when u creat an account on this forum it tells u that its in english. theres google translater aswell and on top of that hes not the only brazilian here..
nearly everything u argue with here is completly out of hands. the only argument i like is mitoes whos saying that it shud be random maps. but then again someone picking for u is random in some ways.
there are just too many internet soldiers trying to defend someone when theres no need to. he didnt do his job of submitting maps. alot of people here work full time and maybe have a relationship. if u dont have time for the game why even play it. no one forces u. such crappy arguing..
sry look but this ones on u
I wasn't arguing that look should have given second chance because he works full time and doesn't speak English as mother tongue. I'm arguing that under some circumstances it's completely understandable to miss such thing. And I'm arguing as a small community there should be some empathy. Maybe not bend the rules for only for him but empathy to make a change to be able to reroll into random civs. Because it is absurd decision to deliberately sabotage his tournament and give him a map pool he hates the most. You're saying crappy arguing when I'm not even arguing and you're missing the point completely.

What makes you less internet soldier for simply taking a different side, saying no second chances even if you were sabotaged?
someone picking for u is random in some ways.
When GUA spins the wheel and says it loud, that's random. If gua gave deliberately kaiser every game japan and india without spinning the wheel, is it still random? For calling other crappy arguers you're logic doesn't seem very clear to me either.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

it is absurd decision to deliberately sabotage his tournament
:hmm:
mad cuz bad
No Flag Astaroth
Howdah

Post by Astaroth »

Honestly, it's just one tournament in a game. If you care that much to play a tournament to 100 %, then you need to make sure to properly read the rules or have someone explain them to you. If you don't have the time/interest to read the rules properly, then clearly having 100 % perfect conditions for the tournament isn't that important to you.

I mean, it's similar to missing your game. If you fail to understand the time zones and don't show up, you might just end up with an admin loss. How is having your maps chosen for you any worse?

And sure, random maps might've been fairer, but honestly for viewing seeing these rare maps sounds like great fun and an adequate "sanction".
Sweden Hawk_Girl
Dragoon
Donator 01

Post by Hawk_Girl »

somp wrote: And I'm arguing as a small community there should be some empathy.
Where was the empathy for zoom all these years, where was the empathy when you dicked around in a team tournament. I do agree that emapthy definately something we all should have but when you demand it from others without demonstrating it yourself it just feels dishonest and in fact not very empathic.

Now I didn't really mean to defend that Look got this mapset, I get why that's annoying for him and yeah you could def just respin the maps with RNG. But that this one small negative thing gets 10x the attention than all the good they do for the community is tilting for me and so I can imagine it's even more tilting for actual admins since I don't do jack shit myself.
Finland somp
Dragoon

Post by somp »

So I can't defend Tom because I got tilted one night with a guy time-wasting when I'm in hurry which resulted me basically in a year ban? Or because I argued against zoi who had really, really arrogant attitude to any criticism. I think you should recap definition of empathy, anyway.

How do I benefit if Tom plays? How am I related at all to this? I can't demand a fair decision to him because of above things? Or critizise it?
Disgusting community should keep out...
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

This thread (posts in it) is a big joke, and probably the most nonsensical drama this community ever had.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

somp wrote:So I can't defend Tom because I got tilted one night with a guy time-wasting when I'm in hurry which resulted me basically in a year ban? Or because I argued against zoi who had really, really arrogant attitude to any criticism. I think you should recap definition of empathy, anyway.

How do I benefit if Tom plays? How am I related at all to this? I can't demand a fair decision to him because of above things? Or critizise it?
Disgusting community should keep out...
You sure can criticize and i commend it. Personally I think the angle of "defend Tom" is bad, though, because why do you need to defend anyone? Just speak your mind (for yourself).
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

looking at the list, for the newer player many of whom this could be there first time the maps picked for them actually seem to be pretty random and filled with standard maps and maybe one or two less standard maps. For the experienced players who probably know certain members of the community quite well, how the forum works, chatting to other players etc, the admins have picked their maps. This hasn't seemed unreasonable but if you start bending rules for some you have to bend over for all then so i appreciate the 'line in the sand' approach.
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

:hmm:
Sweden Victor_swe
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by Victor_swe »

U probebly shouldnt fk him over by revealing his plans to everyone.
Dead hunts cant walk....

BrookG - "There is a G in everyone"
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

Victor_swe wrote:U probebly shouldnt fk him over by revealing his plans to everyone.
Well you got me thinking now. first I posted because it was so absurd, It couldn't be his real plan, but when you consider his games... maybe lol
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Eh who cares, then he'll go for a real build instead of this shite maybe. Are we really thinking he'd pick otto on ceylon anyway..?
Was worth the screenshot anyway
Great Britain boyu
Musketeer
ESO: boyu

Post by boyu »

Kaiserklein wrote:Is it allowed to forfeit ceylon but still play out the rest of the series btw
You could even take this further and say if the players agree, they play the series with maps of their choice and the loser "officially" forfeits the series.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Haha I guess but that would be kinda hardcore.
Was a real question though
Sweden Victor_swe
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by Victor_swe »

Kaiserklein wrote:Haha I guess but that would be kinda hardcore.
Was a real question though
Why would u forfeit when u can do a 3rax for a free win.
Dead hunts cant walk....

BrookG - "There is a G in everyone"
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

I suppose everyone in the tourney could agree to just play a game of marbles, and whoever wins marbles everyone else forfeits.

Anarchism at its finest.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

To prevent further concerns about rule fairness, all matches should be decided by a classic umeu coinflip.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

Kaiserklein wrote:Eh who cares, then he'll go for a real build instead of this shite maybe. Are we really thinking he'd pick otto on ceylon anyway..?
Was worth the screenshot anyway
I have seen some kind of troll otto build on ceylon where you spam water shipments and offshore support to try and cut off the shore completely. Not a good build but could be fun.