October 18th at 14:00 GMT - AoE3:DE Draft League!

Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Re: October 18th at 14:00 GMT - AoE3:DE Draft League!

Post by Riotcoke »

I like the 20 bucksh meme.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
France Guigs
Tournament Admin
ESO: Guigs

Post by Guigs »

I'm extremely disapointed on how this event has been handled by the admins. I understand players frustration when they were told they had to play another bo3, furthermore at european night time (10 pm+) on a Sunday night.
I can't understand how you can modify an event rules the way it has been done yesterday.

First of all we have done the players draft with Kaister and then we were told literally 1 hour later that some civilisation would be banned, which completely make some players pick strategies irrelevant.
I understand the game got released a few days ago but you shouldn't be able to tweak tourney rules the way you want in the middle of the event. This is extremely unprofessionnal towards the players, but also towards the audience.

I'm not the type to create useless drama, it was more of a showmatches kind of tourney to promote the new game but what image do we show if we have issues like this in our first DE tournament hosted on esoc.
To me this game is the only opportunity we have to push the competitive scene of AOE III to the next level, and perhaps making ESOC a stronger structure to host these tournaments, with more resources.

I'd like to thanks hazza and kaister who have been super convenient yesterday to play around this mess and I hope we won't have anymore problems like this.

France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Anyway, that drama wasn't supposed to go public but well, kaiser wanted to post a "funny" screenshot.
Croatia toriancarconn
Skirmisher
Donator 03
ESO: toriancarconn

Re:

Post by toriancarconn »

Lecastete wrote:I'm extremely disapointed on how this event has been handled by the admins. I understand players frustration when they were told they had to play another bo3, furthermore at european night time (10 pm+) on a Sunday night.
I can't understand how you can modify an event rules the way it has been done yesterday.

First of all we have done the players draft with Kaister and then we were told literally 1 hour later that some civilisation would be banned, which completely make some players pick strategies irrelevant.
I understand the game got released a few days ago but you shouldn't be able to tweak tourney rules the way you want in the middle of the event. This is extremely unprofessionnal towards the players, but also towards the audience.

I'm not the type to create useless drama, it was more of a showmatches kind of tourney to promote the new game but what image do we show if we have issues like this in our first DE tournament hosted on esoc.
To me this game is the only opportunity we have to push the competitive scene of AOE III to the next level, and perhaps making ESOC a stronger structure to host these tournaments, with more resources.

I'd like to thanks hazza and kaister who have been super convenient yesterday to play around this mess and I hope we won't have anymore problems like this.
You have all the right in the world to express your frustration and I thank you for helping make this event happen.

If you care about what image is being shown, I wonder if you wouldn't improve it by venting your frustrations via private messages to the admins instead of a public post like this one.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Re:

Post by Kaiserklein »

Lecastete wrote:I'm extremely disapointed on how this event has been handled by the admins. I understand players frustration when they were told they had to play another bo3, furthermore at european night time (10 pm+) on a Sunday night.

The admins did specify in the rules that you'd have to be available (= ready to play) until 23 GMT if you signed up:
1) You must be available for a majority of or at some point during 14:00 to 23:00 GMT on Sunday, October 18th
If you sign up to an event stating you should stay available until 23 GMT, why would you then just not play the second BO3, at 19:30 GMT as shown on the screenshot? I guess they didn't say the tie breaker would have to be BO3, but it doesn't seem to me that BO3 is excessively long, it's realistically the shortest relevant format for a series, as BO1 just sucks.
Btw it's not even like diarouga said in the discord he wouldn't play because it was too late. The first thing he said was basically "I don't want to get 2-0'd", so it makes me wonder how relevant the time of the day even was?

Changing the civ rules after the draft does suck for the managers and players though, that's true. I don't think it really affected the audience however.
[Armag] diarouga wrote:Anyway, that drama wasn't supposed to go public but well, kaiser wanted to post a "funny" screenshot.
Well, it really is funny
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

I didn't say that I wasn't available. I signed up for a BO3, not 2. So if I don't want to play the 2nd BO3 I don't have to.
And changing the rules didn't affect the audience at all, neither did me not wanting to play.
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

The Tiebreaker was rushed could have done that another day.
:nwc:
Croatia toriancarconn
Skirmisher
Donator 03

Re: Re:

Post by toriancarconn »

Kaiserklein wrote:

The admins did specify in the rules that you'd have to be available (= ready to play) until 23 GMT if you signed up:
1) You must be available for a majority of or at some point during 14:00 to 23:00 GMT on Sunday, October 18th
If you sign up to an event stating you should stay available until 23 GMT, why would you then just not play the second BO3? I guess they didn't say the tie break would have to be BO3, but it doesn't seem to me that BO3 is excessively long, it's realistically the shortest relevant format for a series, as BO1 just sucks.
Btw it's not even like diarouga said in the discord he wouldn't play because it was too late. The first thing he said was basically "I don't want to get 2-0'd", so it makes me wonder how relevant the time of the day even was?

Changing the civ rules after the draft does suck for the managers and players though, that's true. I don't think it really affected the audience however.
[Armag] diarouga wrote:Anyway, that drama wasn't supposed to go public but well, kaiser wanted to post a "funny" screenshot.
Well, it really is funny
Based on your "revelatory" discord screenshot, and a few previous hence and forths I noticed, I get the impression that you and diarouga have enough history to consider a fencing match. It might be the more civilised manner to approach this kind of matter. The alternative gentleman move from you to make here, might simply be to express this loud and clearly: "I am so pleased to reveal to you all that last Sunday diarouga didn't have the self-confidence to face me in a BO3 matchup." It would still be a petty move, but at least direct. And I don't have any issue with you feeling good about this or as you described it, considering it to be funny. Based on your consistently high level of play you have earned yourself this kind of consideration, to play or not to play against you. Kudos to you.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:I didn't say that I wasn't available. I signed up for a BO3, not 2. So if I don't want to play the 2nd BO3 I don't have to.
And changing the rules didn't affect the audience at all, neither did me not wanting to play.
You were available for what, then? You signed up to an event asking you to stay available to play your matches, and you just didn't play them out. And again, the first reason you gave wasn't even that you didn't want to play another BO3, it was that you didn't want to get 2-0'd. If you simply said you didn't want to play another series, it would be a different story already.
At the end of the day, it's just a lot of drama for a small BO3 that you could have simply played out.
toriancarconn wrote:Based on your "revelatory" discord screenshot, and a few previous hence and forths I noticed, I get the impression that you and diarouga have enough history to consider a fencing match. It might be the more civilised manner to approach this kind of matter. The alternative gentleman move from you to make here, might simple be expressing this loud and clearly: "I am so pleased to reveal to you all that last Sunday diarouga didn't have the self-confidence to face me in a BO3 matchup." It would still be a petty move, but at least direct. And I don't have any issue with you feeling good about this or as you described it, considering it to be funny. Based on your consistently high level of play you have earned yourself this kind of consideration, to play or not to play against you. Kudos to you.
Posting a screenshot where he says he dodges isn't direct?
Anyway yeah the point is just it was too funny
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Croatia toriancarconn
Skirmisher
Donator 03

Post by toriancarconn »

Kaiserklein wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:I didn't say that I wasn't available. I signed up for a BO3, not 2. So if I don't want to play the 2nd BO3 I don't have to.
You were available for what, then? You signed up to an event asking you to stay available to play your matches, and you just didn't play them out. And again, the first reason you gave wasn't even that you didn't want to play another BO3, it was that you didn't want to get 2-0'd. If you simply said you didn't want to play another series, it would be a different story already.
At the end of the day, it's just a lot of drama for a small BO3 that you could have simply played out.
toriancarconn wrote:Based on your "revelatory" discord screenshot, and a few previous hence and forths I noticed, I get the impression that you and diarouga have enough history to consider a fencing match. It might be the more civilised manner to approach this kind of matter. The alternative gentleman move from you to make here, might simple be expressing this loud and clearly: "I am so pleased to reveal to you all that last Sunday diarouga didn't have the self-confidence to face me in a BO3 matchup." It would still be a petty move, but at least direct. And I don't have any issue with you feeling good about this or as you described it, considering it to be funny. Based on your consistently high level of play you have earned yourself this kind of consideration, to play or not to play against you. Kudos to you.
Posting a screenshot where he says he dodges isn't direct?
Anyway yeah the point is just it was too funny

If I interpret that screenshot correctly those messages were not sent within a public but within a private Discord channel? If so, I'd expect you to keep them private.
My impression is that you want to prove your point and while doing so deliberately choose to belittle another person publicly. This is I imagine just a continuation of prior banter between the two of you.
France chronique
Advanced Player
ESO: poissondu44

Post by chronique »

Now peaple understand why i refuse to play any sort of tourney :D .
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Kaiserklein wrote:
I was available, ie if I wanted to play I could have played. I just didn't want to play, it's as simple as that. And I signed up to an event asking me to stay available to play one BO3. I did play one BO3, that was the "deal". Now if I don't want to play another series it's my right and I don't even have to give a reason other than "I don't want to play". I'm not a slave.

I'm not hypocritical so I just say that I don't want to play because I'll get rekt since I took a 6 month break. I could have made stupid excuses "blabla I work tomorrow" or idk what but dunno why I'd do that.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

chronique wrote:Now peaple understand why i refuse to play any sort of tourney :D .
Ye, that's extremely annoying.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

toriancarconn wrote:If I interpret that screenshot correctly those messages were not sent within a public but within a private Discord channel? If so, I'd expect you to keep them private.
My impression is that you want to prove your point and while doing so deliberately choose to belittle another person publicly. This is I imagine just a continuation of prior banter between the two of you.
There were like 20+ people in that server, that's not exactly what I'd call private. Besides, I'll post what I want, thanks.
If calling diarouga a dodger because he massively dodge is belittling him, then yeah I guess I am. I'm assuming you're new to these forums and don't know about the various grudge threads, ego posts, and so on.
[Armag] diarouga wrote:I was available, ie if I wanted to play I could have played. I just didn't want to play, it's as simple as that. And I signed up to an event asking me to stay available to play one BO3. I did play one BO3, that was the "deal". Now if I don't want to play another series it's my right and I don't even have to give a reason other than "I don't want to play". I'm not a slave.

I'm not hypocritical so I just say that I don't want to play because I'll get rekt since I took a 6 month break. I could have made stupid excuses "blabla I work tomorrow" or idk what but dunno why I'd do that.
Okay, what's the point of being available if you're not gonna play? It's obvious that's what the thread implied. They wanted you to be ready to play... You're playing with words. Also a "slave" lol, you really do like the victim role.
You don't have to play, no one is physically going to force you. And admins don't have to let you sign up next time. And I don't have to respect you since you're a dodger. No one has to do anything really...
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Kaiserklein wrote:I'm assuming you're new to these forums and don't know about the various grudge threads, ego posts, and so on.
Saving this for later
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Okay, what's the point of being available if you're not gonna play? It's obvious that's what the thread implied. They wanted you to be ready to play...
If you sign a job contract which states that you have to be available on the weekend and work exactly 35 hours a week (not more, not less), does it mean that they can ask you to work 20 hours on the weekend after you've worked 30 hours in the week ? Obviously not.
Likewise, I signed up for one BO3, agreeing that I would be available to play that BO3 between 16 and 23. I did play that BO3, I didn't agree to play another BO3.
Also a "slave" lol, you really do like the victim role.
And I'm not in the victim role. I refused to play the 2nd BO3 because that's my right. A victim would have a played that BO3 and then cried because he didn't want to.
And admins don't have to let you sign up next time.
No, they don't. They don't have to let you, or anyone in the community actually, sign up next time. However, I didn't break any tournament rule so if they banned me that would be for another reason.
And I don't have to respect you since you're a dodger.
Ye you have the right to be a dick, and I indeed noticed that you liked to use that right often :chinese:
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Whatever dude, bottom line is you fucked your team up because you were shitting your pants, instead of simply playing a BO3. Not much else left to say about it
Brazil look
Howdah
ESO: LoOk_tOm

Post by look »

meanwhile i got kicked..
Anyway i will not subscrive for future small/days tourneys here
while there is a closed group of esoc players.
Kaiser sucks
Garja Noob
grunt the best
Kickass God
BSOP OP
Great Britain Donye
Musketeer
ESO: Pink Charr

Post by Donye »

I'm just happy to be here
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

@look obv they pick the strongest contenders to ensure the best showing
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Croatia toriancarconn
Skirmisher
Donator 03

Post by toriancarconn »

Kaiserklein wrote:
toriancarconn wrote:If I interpret that screenshot correctly those messages were not sent within a public but within a private Discord channel? If so, I'd expect you to keep them private.
There were like 20+ people in that server, that's not exactly what I'd call private. Besides, I'll post what I want, thanks.
If calling diarouga a dodger because he massively dodge is belittling him, then yeah I guess I am. I'm assuming you're new to these forums and don't know about the various grudge threads, ego posts, and so on.
You are correct. I'm quite new to these forums. I assume you're right about "varios grudge threads, ego posts, and so on" from before. I already mentioned that, from a few previous threads I noticed, you two seem to have history. There are posts in this thread, too, that fall under the grudge and ego category. You seem to be deliberately fighting fire with fire here, which is fair enough. What I wonder is if you realise how our community is worse, not better, for it.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

harcha wrote:@look obv they pick the strongest contenders to ensure the best showing
@Mr_Bramboy
Croatia toriancarconn
Skirmisher
Donator 03

Post by toriancarconn »

I've just watched the Hazza - Breeze matchup. Winning within 7 minutes?! Come on.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

toriancarconn wrote:You are correct. I'm quite new to these forums. I assume you're right about "varios grudge threads, ego posts, and so on" from before. I already mentioned that, from a few previous threads I noticed, you two seem to have history. There are posts in this thread, too, that fall under the grudge and ego category. You seem to be deliberately fighting fire with fire here, which is fair enough. What I wonder is if you realise how our community is worse, not better, for it.
Yeah everyone knows diarouga and me have a history of grudge. I don't really give a crap if it "makes our community worse" tbh, I'm not coming online to be serious and behave. Besides grudge is entertaining to most people anyway
Croatia toriancarconn
Skirmisher
Donator 03

Post by toriancarconn »

Kaiserklein wrote:
toriancarconn wrote:You are correct. I'm quite new to these forums. I assume you're right about "varios grudge threads, ego posts, and so on" from before. I already mentioned that, from a few previous threads I noticed, you two seem to have history. There are posts in this thread, too, that fall under the grudge and ego category. You seem to be deliberately fighting fire with fire here, which is fair enough. What I wonder is if you realise how our community is worse, not better, for it.
Yeah everyone knows diarouga and me have a history of grudge. I don't really give a crap if it "makes our community worse" tbh, I'm not coming online to be serious and behave. Besides grudge is entertaining to most people anyway
yeah, I figured that much.