October 18th at 14:00 GMT - AoE3:DE Draft League!

No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Re: October 18th at 14:00 GMT - AoE3:DE Draft League!

Post by fightinfrenchman »

toriancarconn wrote: You are correct. I'm quite new to these forums. I assume you're right about "varios grudge threads, ego posts, and so on" from before.
For assigned reading please go to the "Archive" section of the Off-Topic forums and read every single thread in it. That should catch you up on the important stuff
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

toriancarconn wrote:yeah, I figured that much.
Not sure what you want then
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Croatia toriancarconn
Skirmisher
Donator 03
ESO: toriancarconn

Post by toriancarconn »

Kaiserklein wrote:
toriancarconn wrote:yeah, I figured that much.
Not sure what you want then
Good question. I think I want more cookie crumble in ice cream, and a little bit more kindness on this forum.
You're a character, I give you that.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

look wrote:meanwhile i got kicked..
Anyway i will not subscrive for future small/days tourneys here
while there is a closed group of esoc players.
Ofcourse they will pick the highest seeding players, like seriously lol? That's surely unfortunate that dia didn't play the 2nd series but doesn't validate your point for not being accepted in the top seeding, that's not about "closed esoc group" propaganda. For example I was in the same team with kaiser while we both can't along very well, that's just how the tourney meant to work. You are just spreading lies up here for no reason.
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

Yeah, nobody got kicked lol. They just picked whoever the 2 captains thought was best.
Great Britain Donye
Musketeer
ESO: Pink Charr

Post by Donye »

Well, they missed out imo. You should have seen the things I did to the Extreme AI last night. :lol:

I think I heard somewhere that there were some captain/lower level tourneys that have been held in the past which sounded good.

I don't know who everyone is (new here) but as a newcomer I did expect good players to be represented in this particular tourney.

Oh also, I'm only just working my way through the rest of the vods after watching the event live and I really liked your commentary too @Riotcoke
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

Ye all 12 minutes of it :P

And yea there's some like lt - major tournies that will probably be hosted @Cometk & @Black_Duck have hosted two already.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Germany Rohbrot
Howdah
ECL Reigning Champs
ESO: Rohbrot

Post by Rohbrot »

Host low lvl tours more than this high lvl cry party tours ngl.
Spain pain train is real
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Yeah and get 5 times less viewers and donations because people want to watch high level play
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

Kaiserklein wrote:Yeah and get 5 times less viewers and donations because people want to watch high level play
Many casuals don't even notice a difference between high and low level play. They just want to see stuff explode. I won't disagree that higher level play pulls in more viewers though.
India pasha
Crossbow

Post by pasha »

Is your gameplay really worth to be casted by legendary Interjection & _H20 ??? if it is.... then if you cry its okay

If diarouga did not wish to play then he should have forfeited ...... rather than being honest and then validating it with some other reasons

diarouga should have played the second Bo3......i mean what worst could have happen....2-0 to kaiser.....no big deal... everyone loses to Kaiser....except me(lol)

I enjoyed this series but sadly i could watch only 1st two matches

* I actually closed the twitch app initially when casters said they are going to run a recorded game....
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

pasha wrote:
* I actually closed the twitch app initially when casters said they are going to run a recorded game....
Because the live spectator one doesn't work properly.
:nwc:
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

aaryngend wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:Yeah and get 5 times less viewers and donations because people want to watch high level play
Many casuals don't even notice a difference between high and low level play. They just want to see stuff explode. I won't disagree that higher level play pulls in more viewers though.
You should check how many more views the ESOC youtube videos get when they're featuring top players, compared to random players. It really is 5x sometimes.
In fact I think the casuals you mention mostly just don't really watch streams. Those who do kinda know the top players, and enjoy watching them. At least that's what I imagine, since I used to get pm'd basically every time I logged on ESO by random sergeants
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

good thing they removed the messaging LOL
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Croatia toriancarconn
Skirmisher
Donator 03

Post by toriancarconn »

aaryngend wrote:
I believe as with many other things Pareto's principle applies: 80% of the overall views are because of the 20% top players. I assume in our case it is much less than 20%.

For myself, as a casual viewer, there's just about a handful of top players whose matches I'd want to watch more or less regularly + there are a few people I'm inclined to watch because I have some kind of connection with them, e.g. through chats in different Discord channels. What does impact my choice, too, significantly, are the commentators, e.g. a duo such as Interjection & H2O, for me, is capable of converting a regular match into a remarkable one.

Then there are those other videos of matches that are not top level competitive ones, e.g. content created by Samurai Revolution which I enjoy a lot, too.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah

Post by aaryngend »

Kaiserklein wrote:
aaryngend wrote:
You should check how many more views the ESOC youtube videos get when they're featuring top players, compared to random players. It really is 5x sometimes.
In fact I think the casuals you mention mostly just don't really watch streams. Those who do kinda know the top players, and enjoy watching them. At least that's what I imagine, since I used to get pm'd basically every time I logged on ESO by random sergeants
Maybe that's the trickle down effect? Knowledgeable people are inclined to wach higher level play, higher ranked players make the Ro16, semi-finals and finals more often so they get more views (be it a livestream or a VOD on Youtube) and casuals take the viewer numbers as a guidance on what to watch. 'Finals' always sounds better than 'Ro64'.

My bet is that if all names were X'd out and if there was no indication on what round in the tourney is being played right now, viewership would average out among all VODs.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

I doubt it. When I was a beginner, I wanted to watch every game featuring H2O and bsop. I'd guess it's the same now.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah

Post by aaryngend »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:I doubt it. When I was a beginner, I wanted to watch every game featuring H2O and bsop. I'd guess it's the same now.
A beginner doesn't know the difference between Water, an Eagle or a Black Star.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

A beginner doesn't, which is why Samurai Revolution is so successful.
Most of the people who watch tournaments do however.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

aaryngend wrote:Maybe that's the trickle down effect? Knowledgeable people are inclined to wach higher level play, higher ranked players make the Ro16, semi-finals and finals more often so they get more views (be it a livestream or a VOD on Youtube) and casuals take the viewer numbers as a guidance on what to watch. 'Finals' always sounds better than 'Ro64'.

My bet is that if all names were X'd out and if there was no indication on what round in the tourney is being played right now, viewership would average out among all VODs.
Even showmatches or first person gameplay featuring a big name will get more viewers than a semi final featuring less famous high level players
Croatia toriancarconn
Skirmisher
Donator 03

Post by toriancarconn »

Kaiserklein wrote:
aaryngend wrote:Maybe that's the trickle down effect? Knowledgeable people are inclined to wach higher level play, higher ranked players make the Ro16, semi-finals and finals more often so they get more views (be it a livestream or a VOD on Youtube) and casuals take the viewer numbers as a guidance on what to watch. 'Finals' always sounds better than 'Ro64'.

Even showmatches or first person gameplay featuring a big name will get more viewers than a semi final featuring less famous high level players
Absolutely. This happens in all kinds of areas. It's the top of the crop that significantly moves the needle. And it's always hard to get into this group and particularly to stay there.
In Programming.
In Sports.
In Business.
In gaming.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

With the right rebranding anything is possible.