I'm so dead right now xD
Attachments
TIME REMAINING 1 YEAR.PNG
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Re: AoE3:DE December update

Post by Squamiger »

Seems like with the bolas warrior and maceman buff and moving the cannon big button to age 4, they want players to use the Kallanka building more
Hong Kong Leafy
Crossbow

Post by Leafy »

I_HaRRiiSoN_I wrote:Why is that they are dropping a patch while I'm at work
It is better than people receive an update in midnight and gonna have to work until 6 pm like me :unsure:
Rainbow Land onfiregun17
Skirmisher
ESO: onfiregun17

Post by onfiregun17 »

You can still transform units into gates. At this point I think it's safe to assume it's a feature and not a bug.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Game random stil randomly crash
Image Image Image
Serbia ShinkuroYukinari
Dragoon
ESO: ShinkuroYukinari
Clan: BANIN

Post by ShinkuroYukinari »

EAGLEMUT wrote:
KnArLoC wrote:So, if I don't have an xbox live account (I use steam), I can't keep any of the avatars unlocked during the special event, am I understanding this correctly?
Yes. In fact, I believe you cannot even unlock them.
KnArLoC wrote:Do I have to make an account,
Yes.
KnArLoC wrote:and is there any way to link it to my game on steam?
Don't think so, but the game should remember it, so it's not like you have to manually log in every time.
I am not sure how this works on Linux, given how we can't simply log into Xbox Live. That being said, I was able to unlock the Llama icon, but not the Green Musketeer. Maybe the prerequisites for unlocking and keeping avatars are softer than that?
Linux Gamers, aid me!
My signature was removed, MOD ABUSE!
Singapore Thrar
Retired Contributor
ESO: Thrar

Post by Thrar »

Looks like a good update. I like the approach of cautious balance adjustments rather than massive changes, although I'm wondering whether the Inca in particular might need to be toned down further.
Performance has been good for me and I haven't seen any units getting stuck so far.

Unfortunate that they didn't manage to make attack move work more consistently since that was one of the things under investigation last time. Then again it's a legacy issue that behaved the same way in TAD, so players are grudgingly used to it.
ShinkuroYukinari wrote:I am not sure how this works on Linux, given how we can't simply log into Xbox Live. That being said, I was able to unlock the Llama icon, but not the Green Musketeer. Maybe the prerequisites for unlocking and keeping avatars are softer than that?
Linux Gamers, aid me!
If I'm reading the notes correctly the icon will show up for you now, but it might not get saved permanently so you might lose it at some point.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

Thrar wrote:If I'm reading the notes correctly the icon will show up for you now, but it might not get saved permanently so you might lose it at some point.
Yes, that's how things go. He can unlock them for now, but as long as he doesn't log into Xbox Live during the event, the unlocked content will vanish once the event ends :cry:
Serbia ShinkuroYukinari
Dragoon
ESO: ShinkuroYukinari
Clan: BANIN

Post by ShinkuroYukinari »

Thrar wrote:Looks like a good update. I like the approach of cautious balance adjustments rather than massive changes, although I'm wondering whether the Inca in particular might need to be toned down further.
Performance has been good for me and I haven't seen any units getting stuck so far.

Unfortunate that they didn't manage to make attack move work more consistently since that was one of the things under investigation last time. Then again it's a legacy issue that behaved the same way in TAD, so players are grudgingly used to it.
ShinkuroYukinari wrote:I am not sure how this works on Linux, given how we can't simply log into Xbox Live. That being said, I was able to unlock the Llama icon, but not the Green Musketeer. Maybe the prerequisites for unlocking and keeping avatars are softer than that?
Linux Gamers, aid me!
If I'm reading the notes correctly the icon will show up for you now, but it might not get saved permanently so you might lose it at some point.
Well that's retarded. I guess I'll make a Virtual Machine just for Xbox Live login then.
My signature was removed, MOD ABUSE!
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

@ShinkuroYukinari just a heads up -
You're probably using a different solution, but in VMware player with Windows 7 the game would refuse to start because it fails to detect any Vram, in spite of the VM being configured with max - 1 GB.
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
France Le Hussard sur le toit
Howdah
ESO: LeHussardsurletoit

Post by Le Hussard sur le toit »

helln00 wrote:
Le Hussard sur le toit wrote:
ssaa22 wrote:Rather, it is surprising that the efficiency of early cancha has increased and that there is no change in Japan.

Do they have no interest in the controversy over the resource-generating building?
Inca were buffed all around.
Idk from the notes it seems they nerfed the age 2 builds and buffed age 3 builds (even then the cannon big button is moved to age 4) so they want to push for bolas warrior builds
I don't know, how did they nerfed age 2 builds ? No unit were nerfed and they arguably buffed the Kamchas house if I understand the notes correctly (+0,1 base trickle and -0,1 bonus from chicha brewing).
ESOC : came for the game, stayed for the drama.
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Post by aaryngend »

helln00 wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Idk from the notes it seems they nerfed the age 2 builds and buffed age 3 builds (even then the cannon big button is moved to age 4) so they want to push for bolas warrior builds
I don't know, how did they nerfed age 2 builds ? No unit were nerfed and they arguably buffed the Kamchas house if I understand the notes correctly (+0,1 base trickle and -0,1 bonus from chicha brewing).
I think he means age 3, because the Stronghold Big Button tech got moved to IV.
China SquidTheSid
Musketeer

Post by SquidTheSid »

Macemen are still mostly useless since they lack snare. They're missing the <targetspeedboost>1</targetspeedboost> tag in their tactics file.

So they're still shitty Skull Knights (who were already shit outside of Skull Knight FI and Rush). Bravo, DE.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Pretty sure the only reason to ever even consider building a Kalanka is if your opponent goes mass art, and even so I'm not so sure that mass chimu isnt just better.
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

helln00 wrote:
Show hidden quotes
yeah atleast from that I think it means that inca doesn't actually want to stay in age 2 due to the reduced effect of chicha brewing. the buff to the base trickle means that while the early game is buffed , it makes just jumping directly to age 3 more viable since they can get the food needed more easily in transition.

Maybe it buffs the sort of more aggressive age 2 builds but it makes the incan eco less sustainable which was kinda what people don't like
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

gibson wrote:Pretty sure the only reason to ever even consider building a Kalanka is if your opponent goes mass art, and even so I'm not so sure that mass chimu isnt just better.
Yeah, the garrison seems like a cool gimmick, but the units you can produce from it aren't great. One is a musketeer that snares and has bad animation, other is a scary melee unit that doesn't snare (since you can garrison units in it, there is no reason you would get a good pop from a Kalanka as enemy shouldn't get too close) and the last is an arrow knight.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
European Union scarm
Howdah
ESO: Malebranche

Post by scarm »

The non-snare thing kinda was a bad design decision in the first place in my opinion, to appeal to the AoE 2 crowd. At this point they should probably just fix chimu and the knight by making them standard in terms of snare and balance them from there...

Kinda offtopic but it blows my mind how people playing AoE 2 are not annoyed af by infantry or villagers just outdancing cav, and i am honestly surprised the Paladin line is actually pretty good in that game, considering archers just kinda beat cav in many circumstances in that game...
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

scarm wrote:The non-snare thing kinda was a bad design decision in the first place in my opinion, to appeal to the AoE 2 crowd. At this point they should probably just fix chimu and the knight by making them standard in terms of snare and balance them from there...

Kinda offtopic but it blows my mind how people playing AoE 2 are not annoyed af by infantry or villagers just outdancing cav, and i am honestly surprised the Paladin line is actually pretty good in that game, considering archers just kinda beat cav in many circumstances in that game...
I mean chimu can snare, they just need a card.
Great Britain TheNameDaniel
Advanced Player
Donator 01
ESO: danielek

Post by TheNameDaniel »

why am I playing nr 20!!!! I deselected it and all
European Union scarm
Howdah
ESO: Malebranche

Post by scarm »

In case of chimu it is more the opposite problem of they can't be snared, which causes bullshit situations, in which you can't defend artillery. Which is why i am saying just make them both snare and be snared and balance from there.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

TheNameDaniel wrote:why am I playing nr 20!!!! I deselected it and all
Did you check that it was not reselected before the game? What I did (and I saw hazza do the same) is just checking/unchecking it every time you queue.
Great Britain TheNameDaniel
Advanced Player
Donator 01
ESO: danielek

Post by TheNameDaniel »

harcha wrote:
TheNameDaniel wrote:why am I playing nr 20!!!! I deselected it and all
Did you check that it was not reselected before the game? What I did (and I saw hazza do the same) is just checking/unchecking it every time you queue.
it's not checked at all when I click ranked game search
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

So 1) report it on the official forum and 2) do what i said by toggling it on and toggling it back off again every time. Do report if the workaround doesn't work.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

I feel like treasure guardians don't creep as well as they used to. You used to be able to sometimes kill a tiger or something entirely through creeping now it seems to attack explorer after 2nd shot no matter what. Cat guardians seems to be the ones that do this. Is this placebo on my end or has anyone else noticed that?
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Canada vividlyplain
Lancer
ESO: vividlyplain

Post by vividlyplain »

iNcog wrote:I feel like treasure guardians don't creep as well as they used to. You used to be able to sometimes kill a tiger or something entirely through creeping now it seems to attack explorer after 2nd shot no matter what. Cat guardians seems to be the ones that do this. Is this placebo on my end or has anyone else noticed that?
Everything feels different in DE.