Post by TheNameDaniel »

is it rec game?
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Re: GoodHouse Cup Finals this Sunday

Post by n0el »

yes, rec games are just better right now.
mad cuz bad
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

One of the biggest disappointments of DE for me. Could have had lots more showmatches to capitalize on the initial DE hype and big tournament running by now if the game had had working obs and been tournament ready by release.
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
France Le Hussard sur le toit
Howdah
ESO: LeHussardsurletoit

Post by Le Hussard sur le toit »

dicktator_ wrote:One of the biggest disappointments of DE for me. Could have had lots more showmatches to capitalize on the initial DE hype and big tournament running by now if the game had had working obs and been tournament ready by release.
They really fucked this part yeah. The game would be much bigger if it was possible to host good live tournaments.
ESOC : came for the game, stayed for the drama.
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

Come on lads it aint that bad now is it. Who knows the next patch could that special patch we are all waiting for. As long as the results dont get spoiled before the recs have finished then it should still be an epic contest.
Canada vividlyplain
Lancer
ESO: vividlyplain

Post by vividlyplain »

I_HaRRiiSoN_I wrote:Come on lads it aint that bad now is it. Who knows the next patch could that special patch we are all waiting for. As long as the results dont get spoiled before the recs have finished then it should still be an epic contest.
I won’t be watching. Not sure how many others feel this way but I can’t bring myself to watch a recorded game, let alone recorded game with the current ui.
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

vividlyplain wrote:
I_HaRRiiSoN_I wrote:Come on lads it aint that bad now is it. Who knows the next patch could that special patch we are all waiting for. As long as the results dont get spoiled before the recs have finished then it should still be an epic contest.
I won’t be watching. Not sure how many others feel this way but I can’t bring myself to watch a recorded game, let alone recorded game with the current ui.
the new UI is pretty good ngl
mad cuz bad
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

vividlyplain wrote:
What do you mean, watching recs is essentially better than obsing on DE
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Canada vividlyplain
Lancer

Post by vividlyplain »

Kaiserklein wrote:
vividlyplain wrote:
What do you mean, watching recs is essentially better than obsing on DE
I find it less exciting. Even on EP/legacy it was always less exciting to watch a rec being cast than a live game. But I also can't stand watching a live game with the current DE UI.

Completely subjective and my opinion, but it's something I'm salty about. :salt:

n0el wrote:
vividlyplain wrote:
Compared to the Aiz UI we've been spoiled with? I can't disagree more. Current DE UI is trash tier and Aiz's UI is God tier.
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

vividlyplain wrote:
n0el wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Compared to the Aiz UI we've been spoiled with? I can't disagree more. Current DE UI is trash tier and Aiz's UI is God tier.
its still an aiz UI
mad cuz bad
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

vividlyplain wrote:I find it less exciting. Even on EP/legacy it was always less exciting to watch a rec being cast than a live game. But I also can't stand watching a live game with the current DE UI.

Completely subjective and my opinion, but it's something I'm salty about. :salt:
Of course, because on legacy you could obs while being in the same game as players, have the lobby chat, the in game chat, the civ picks, etc. And recs would play extra slowly too.
On DE, obsing really doesn't bring anything more than watching a rec. It's arguably worse because you may have to wait for the game to show up in the browser while players take a break, or whatever.
But yeah either way the UI is worse and there's no interaction with the players, which does suck. Though the UI is decent now that aiz partly fixed it.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Canada vividlyplain
Lancer

Post by vividlyplain »

Kaiserklein wrote:
vividlyplain wrote:I find it less exciting. Even on EP/legacy it was always less exciting to watch a rec being cast than a live game. But I also can't stand watching a live game with the current DE UI.

Of course, because on legacy you could obs while being in the same game as players, have the lobby chat, the in game chat, the civ picks, etc. And recs would play extra slowly too.
On DE, obsing really doesn't bring anything more than watching a rec. It's arguably worse because you may have to wait for the game to show up in the browser while players take a break, or whatever.
But yeah either way the UI is worse and there's no interaction with the players, which does suck. Though the UI is decent now that aiz partly fixed it.
I get that. I still can't bring myself to watch though. Perhaps I need to give it more of a chance with improved ui from Aiz but it's certainly less enjoyable to watch games overall.
Canada vividlyplain
Lancer

Post by vividlyplain »

n0el wrote:
vividlyplain wrote:
Show hidden quotes
its still an aiz UI
i get that, but due to the shit base ui and restrictions in modding (as far as i understand it) i don't think we will ever see something as good as what we had
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

I am ready. Please start stream now.
[Sith] - Baphomet
Switzerland bobabu
Howdah

Post by bobabu »

I guess an advantage is that it's easier to schedule.
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Post by RefluxSemantic »

vividlyplain wrote:
n0el wrote:
Show hidden quotes
its still an aiz UI
i get that, but due to the shit base ui and restrictions in modding (as far as i understand it) i don't think we will ever see something as good as what we had
I agree with your assesment. That UI looked like trash relatively. It wasn't nearly as much fun to obs this. Tbh, I wish they had invested more time and money in this part of the game. It seemed pretty obvious to me that this was a big part of the community before DE, so it'd make a lot of sense to add this sort of functionality to DE.