RE: Neuron and ESOC

Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

And yet everyone in the board is a better player than you, which is by far the most important thing in managing a gaming community. :)

Seriously are you gonna make it personal now?
Image Image Image
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

Neuron, ur a jackass. Plain and simple. You are trying to make fun of these guys personal lives and jobs?

I always appreciated your work but never liked you. From the time you took that suicide situation and made it into an investigation/game. That's why I left that Skype chat. You have problems interacting with people, grow up.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

garja wrote:And yet everyone in the board is a better player than you, which is by far the most important thing in managing a gaming community. :)

I dont think blackstar would make a very good community mananger :p
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

ovi12 wrote:
garja wrote:And yet everyone in the board is a better player than you, which is by far the most important thing in managing a gaming community. :)
I dont think blackstar would make a very good community mananger :p
Ye the most important thing, not the only one. :)
Image Image Image
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

On a side note, maybe musketeer925 might want to join the site developement team. I think he is quite capable of doing so, and likes doing that stuff. Id certainly ask him and hope he has some spare time.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

garja wrote:
ovi12 wrote:I dont think blackstar would make a very good community mananger :p
Its definately the most important when youre deceloping game content or a new patch, but i think just being in touch and up to date with the community is enough for a community mananger. But anyway neurons job wasnt really a community mananger, he was the tech guy who was promoting ideas like shoutboxes which imo doesnt require you knowing the game cery well to decide if its a good or a bad idea (its OP idea imo). Anyway i dont want to get too involved in the discussion since i only know what i read here.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

garja wrote:
ovi12 wrote:I dont think blackstar would make a very good community mananger :p

so incog, ede and gs (in his current form :p) all arent capable of being a community member? What a load of nonsense.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

jerom wrote:
garja wrote:Ye the most important thing, not the only one. :)
so incog, ede and gs (in his current form :p) all arent capable of being a community member? What a load of nonsense.

Yea saying that being a good player is the most important thing about managing a gaming community is complete horse shit. The only thing being a good player is the most important thing for is playing the game. A general knowledge of the game is probably necessary, but ones actual skill level generally has nothing to do with being a good admin. They require a completely different skill set.
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

What garja said I believe it was meant to be a joke. Something that is sarcastic and meant to emulate the way neuron has spoke about every single staff member.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Nah, garja meant that 100%
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

I dont understand why my brain missed the smiley that obviously made it sarcastic.
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

Throwing someone off the admin team over some comments on Skype is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard, especially when said admin has been responsible for 100% of the positive software changes here.

Likewise, accusing the head mod of having some secret plan to take over the community after he has given so much to it is ridiculous.

This basically all boils down to a power struggle between _H20 (along with his fellow mods, who defended him and demonized Neuron a bit too quickly for my taste) and Neuron over who has the biggest e-penis. It is petty, immature, and is doing a huge disservice to the community both of them claim to be trying to help. Neuron needs to stop whining, H20 needs to stop acting like some suzerain overlord, and the other mods need to stay out of what is a personal feud. This should NEVER have gotten this far. H20 needs to apologize for booting Neuron, Neuron needs to apologize for his unfounded comments, and Neuron should be immediately reinstated as an administrator.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

papist wrote:Throwing someone off the admin team over some comments on Skype is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard, especially when said admin has been responsible for 100% of the positive software changes here.

Likewise, accusing the head mod of having some secret plan to take over the community after he has given so much to it is ridiculous.

This basically all boils down to a power struggle between _H20 (along with his fellow mods, who defended him and demonized Neuron a bit too quickly for my taste) and Neuron over who has the biggest e-penis. It is petty, immature, and is doing a huge disservice to the community both of them claim to be trying to help. Neuron needs to stop whining, H20 needs to stop acting like some suzerain overlord, and the other mods need to stay out of what is a personal feud. This should NEVER have gotten this far. H20 needs to apologize for booting Neuron, Neuron needs to apologize for his unfounded comments, and Neuron should be immediately reinstated as an administrator.

+1

Although the personal attacks have gotten out of control I fear.
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

I did not boot neuron, the entire team booted neuron because no one wanted to work with him anymore. That is why he likely won't be reinstated.

I try not to act emotionally and if it was the right move to forgive and forget then I would be all for that. The entire team has tried to work with neuron for the past 8 months and overlook the challenges because of the work he was doing. It has just become too much for everyone. You will notice neuron is the only one who says "H2O kicked me". All the rest of the admin team says "we couldnt work with him anymore and we had to remove him."

There were actually many times during the sites development where people were getting very passionate about decisions for the site. I always tried to talk people down and get people to keep working together. But I never really was able to get any lasting compromise. I even talked to neuron saying that he needed to stop threatening to leave and that it was going to be a problem if he kept doing it. Not because I am in charge, but because I think we all know that if you threaten people they tend to not want to interact with you anymore. I personally am frustrated and sad that we had to do this because the team had a lot of potential, but we will move forward anyway.
United States of America godzillaking
Skirmisher
Donator 03

Post by godzillaking »

The longer this goes on the worse it is for the community. If Neuron cant get over himself he should be banned.
No Flag S_I_D
Musketeer

Post by S_I_D »

lemmings121 wrote:OK guys, there is quite a lot being discussed here, but I must say:
make this talk in private between all involved people.

imo making this public only puts ego and people who don''t know nothing (me) in the mix, witch usually doest add anything usefull to the discussion.
I totally agree that this issue should be discussed privately (kinda late now). The admins should be the only ones to really discuss this imo, though I understand Mitoe''s reasoning for posting it since Neuron cut off all forms of communication. Neuron may be one of the most experienced people in the ESO-C when it comes to running the website and his history with computers, but the fact that he severed lines of communication that made Mitoe resort to actually posting this thread, I feel, takes away some of the professionalism I get from Neuron (not trying to attack in anyway).

The reason I believe this should''ve been discussed privately is due to the fact that the Admins have more weight when it comes to the community and issues. They have put in ''x'' amount of time and money to build, run, and continue to invent new ways to better the ESO-C. Not saying that some other members haven''t put in a lot of time to help with the community but just the fact that they haven''t been designated to help and keep up the site and community.

I respect both H20 and Neuron when it comes to their achievements, work, and support for the community and would prefer to see this issue dissolved as soon as possible in one way or another. I am not on any side because I do not have full disclosure to all of the happenings and issues that have taken place behind the scenes. I respect Neuron for his work and help towards ESO-C and I am sad to see him leave, but the common consensus from the admins deemed it easier to continue and to further ESO-C with the removal of his admin status.

I don''t think Neuron should be banned by any means and I hope that this issue starts to become resolved in the background and not over the ESO-C threads. I think that this is just hurdle in the ESO-C''s growing process and I hope it will help the community to be stronger afterwards

Thanks to all Admins, developers, and others who have taken time out of their busy schedule to better ESO-C, I/we (ESO-C members) really appreciate it.
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

too far down the rabbit hole. personal attacks towards the eso-c team kind of ensure that he'll never have a hand in the site's management again
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

cometk wrote:too far down the rabbit hole. personal attacks towards the eso-c team kind of ensure that he''ll never have a hand in the site''s management again

unfortunately I think so too.
Norway oxaloacetate
Dragoon

Post by oxaloacetate »

neuron wrote:
ovi12 wrote:Hey neuron, sorry this happened, but just letting u know that mitoe in his post said he will give you all the work if you want it.
And its even more ridiculous how the site decisions on how it should evolve were made by a guy who installs internet connections, a guy who works on an engineering firm and a guy who manages burger flipping because he has an English degree. You could make a movie out of that. :)
There is no reason for all these ad hominem-arguments. Its a dick move.

Youre like Gregory House without the brilliance to pull it off, frankly. That said, youve been tremendous for this site - and I think it is really sad that this eloped as it did.
We watched the tragedy unfold
We did as we were told
We bought and sold
It was the greatest show on earth
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

We have to make a Hitler reacts now!
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

papist wrote:Throwing someone off the admin team over some comments on Skype is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard, especially when said admin has been responsible for 100% of the positive software changes here.

That was hard to read. You are so far from the truth, did you even read the original post, or mine?

It''s not a personal feud between Neuron and H2O (why do you think so? Because Neuron said so?), it''s Neuron''s inability to work with other people and refusing to give out the root admin account when the rest of the team (not just H2O) asked him to.

Neuron has been spreading all kinds of lies about H2O being in full control but there is no hierarchy within our team. If there is a disagreement, we vote and the majority wins. No one has the last say in anything and we''ll keep it that way. Ironically it was Neuron who always needed to have his way and couldn''t deal with majority votes which disagreed with him. That''s one of the main reasons we are all tired of working with him.

@neuron, the personal insults are out of line. For everyone''s sake, please at least keep your own dignity intact.
Pro Player

Post by SoldieR »

Where did this h20 dictator stuff cone from lol? If there was anyone that I thought would care most for the community and who is want to have in charge, it'd be him.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

iamsoldier wrote:Where did this h20 dictator stuff cone from lol? If there was anyone that I thought would care most for the community and who is want to have in charge, it''d be him.

if anyone were to be a dictator of esoc, itd probably be H2O in my eyes. An augustuslike dictator though.
Pro Player

Post by SoldieR »

So weird, like all decisions are made behind scenes which I sometimes get a peak at, its strange to call any one person the leader
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

iamsoldier wrote:So weird, like all decisions are made behind scenes which I sometimes get a peak at, its strange to call any one person the leader

but like, imagine there being one supreme leader. In my imagination thatd be H2O.