RE: Neuron and ESOC

Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

jerom wrote:
iamsoldier wrote:Where did this h20 dictator stuff cone from lol? If there was anyone that I thought would care most for the community and who is want to have in charge, itd be him.
if anyone were to be a dictator of esoc, itd probably be H2O in my eyes. An augustuslike dictator though.
Its about time you stopped pretending you know anything and listened to the people who do. Why are you blindly believing Neurons "H2O is a narcissistic control freak" act when literally every other person who knows what theyre talking about is telling you its bullshit? There is no hierarchy within our team, disagreements are solved by voting. I really dont understand. Do you not trust us? Why not?
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

jerom wrote:
iamsoldier wrote:So weird, like all decisions are made behind scenes which I sometimes get a peak at, its strange to call any one person the leader
but like, imagine there being one supreme leader. In my imagination thatd be H2O.
Yeah
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

jerom wrote:
iamsoldier wrote:So weird, like all decisions are made behind scenes which I sometimes get a peak at, its strange to call any one person the leader
but like, imagine there being one supreme leader. In my imagination thatd be H2O.
I guess my view is skewd because I see what actually happens. Skewd toward truth that is
No Flag drumal
Skirmisher

Post by drumal »

I believe that kicked Neuron off was huge fail
Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor
ESO: MCJim

Post by MCJim »

I don't get that they decided to bring this out like this. Why did they leave it open for replies? They made a permanent decision and now they allow people to discuss about it. That can lead to some doubts about their decision.
They idea of ESOC is to be nice and not to fight. By opening this thread for replies you actually know there will be a huge discussion about one single person. 10 pages already...
:food: My AoE3 YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MCJimAgeofEmpiresIII
:wood: My AoE3 Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_

:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Because Neuron was a big part of our team and the decision to remove him was obviously going to be a big deal to the community. No one expected a clean discussion, especially knowing Neuron, but censoring the discussion would only have made things worse for everyone involved.

Though I agree that at some point, this thread will no longer serve a purpose. If this keeps going for too long it will be closed, but I would prefer to see things calm down without mod intervention.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

calmyourtits wrote:
jerom wrote:if anyone were to be a dictator of esoc, itd probably be H2O in my eyes. An augustuslike dictator though.
Its about time you stopped pretending you know anything and listened to the people who do. Why are you blindly believing Neurons "H2O is a narcissistic control freak" act when literally every other person who knows what theyre talking about is telling you its bullshit? There is no hierarchy within our team, disagreements are solved by voting. I really dont understand. Do you not trust us? Why not?

did I say I thought H2O was a dictator? Im just saying that like, if we were to do an esoc play H2O would be the dictator. Nothing against H2O though, I like him. Just think hed be the dictator if we would have any, which we probably dont.

About the trust... Id say my trust in the team has been damaged for sure. What happened didnt come out of nowhere for sure. But Im sure itll come back soon.
No Flag pounendo
Skirmisher

Post by pounendo »

Let's just pass all this bs and get on with aoe3. can't risk splitting such a small community up anymore.
Netherlands blackwidow
Dragoon
ESO: MASTERdutch

Post by blackwidow »

Can we just stick with player to player drama? that's actually fun to read.
No Flag Mr. Pecksniff
Howdah

Post by Mr. Pecksniff »

Bring back Neuron! Down with H2O! grrrrrrrrrrrr! :wahh:
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

Meh, this drama is gettin old already.
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

neuron wrote:
ovi12 wrote:Hey neuron, sorry this happened, but just letting u know that mitoe in his post said he will give you all the work if you want it.
Hey. To be honest, Im not even sure I care anymore about what I did on the site. I think most of the stuff is already outdated, I could do it much better now. And there was a lot more I could have done and many more ideas I had, but they were all opposed by this team of self-righteous mutually popular people.

But unfortunately the site will not get any more development. Nobody who has a lot of web development/programming experience would do this for free, theyre too busy working on their own paid projects. The sad experience is how this team managed to oppose any new possible idea for this site to evolve.

And its even more ridiculous how the site decisions on how it should evolve were made by a guy who installs internet connections, a guy who works on an engineering firm and a guy who manages burger flipping because he has an English degree. You could make a movie out of that. :)
That is fucking pathetic. Im going to go full Jerom &' Papist here and just say it: You should be absolutely ashamed of yourself for making that comment and you need to apologize.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

papist wrote:Throwing someone off the admin team over some comments on Skype is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard, especially when said admin has been responsible for 100% of the positive software changes here.

Likewise, accusing the head mod of having some secret plan to take over the community after he has given so much to it is ridiculous.

This basically all boils down to a power struggle between _H20 (along with his fellow mods, who defended him and demonized Neuron a bit too quickly for my taste) and Neuron over who has the biggest e-penis. It is petty, immature, and is doing a huge disservice to the community both of them claim to be trying to help. Neuron needs to stop whining, H20 needs to stop acting like some suzerain overlord, and the other mods need to stay out of what is a personal feud. This should NEVER have gotten this far. H20 needs to apologize for booting Neuron, Neuron needs to apologize for his unfounded comments, and Neuron should be immediately reinstated as an administrator.
He wasn''t kicked over some comments on Skype. Did you read the fucking OP??

It boils down to a power struggle between Neuron and everyone else. Stop singling out poor Ryan already, for the love of fuck!
Great Britain CuCkO0
Dragoon
ESO: CuCkO0

Post by CuCkO0 »

"burger flippers" - Is this directed towards McDonalds? I can only assume so due to your previous comments. They don't even flip the burgers. It's actually procedure to not flip the beef patties. The beef is laid on the grill and a platen lowers down and cooks the top.
KINGofOsmane wrote:If Elo is down what are we even fighting for
United States of America godzillaking
Skirmisher
Donator 03

Post by godzillaking »

drlegend wrote:
godzillaking wrote:The longer this goes on the worse it is for the community. If Neuron cant get over himself he should be banned.
He should remain as an administrator. But he probably wants to leave. Anyway, youre an idiot.

Oh yes, Im the idiot. You seem very intelligent.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

e: edited because maybe it's better to cool things off ^_^

hey, everyone else. please don't resort to personal attacks against other people. everyone has their opinions, please respect that. if there is any fault to be found anywhere, it isn't with other forum users.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag drac3130
Musketeer

Post by drac3130 »

H20 doesn't have much to gain from "taking control" even if that was his intention. This website is not monitzeable (if that were a word) because of how small the community is and H2O is not participating in tournaments or (if he decides to participate in the future) favoring himself with favorable seeding or something like that.

I appreciate all of the work every that every admin has done, it got me back into the game which I first bought when I was only 11 years old. Neuron made the site functionally what it is, but it's impossible to force people to work with someone they may not want to, even if the broader community, including me, would prefer it.

Everyone else, including myself, can only speculate about the behind-the-scenes drama going on, but that is over and done with and a decision has been made unanimously against one. I hope Neuron continues to be involved in the community and that the community appreciates the contributions he made despite the less-than-ideal way in which it ended.
No Flag Mr. Pecksniff
Howdah

Post by Mr. Pecksniff »

cucko0 wrote:"burger flippers" - Is this directed towards McDonalds? I can only assume so due to your previous comments. They don''t even flip the burgers. It''s actually procedure to not flip the beef patties. The beef is laid on the grill and a platen lowers down and cooks the top.
This is the best post in the thread.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

So maybe the root of the problems is that Neuron felt like the rest of the team interfered too much with his field of expertise and tried to block many of his ideas.

If thats the case, dont you think your response might have been a bit excessive?
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

Throwing someone off the team because they annoy you is stupid. Neuron made some mistakes but throwing out the tech guy over comparability issues? Really?

@Neuron. Enough with the ad hominem and tu quoque fallacies already.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

cucko0 wrote:"burger flippers" - Is this directed towards McDonalds? I can only assume so due to your previous comments. They don''t even flip the burgers. It''s actually procedure to not flip the beef patties. The beef is laid on the grill and a platen lowers down and cooks the top.
Most informative post by far.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

frycookofdoom wrote:
cucko0 wrote:"burger flippers" - Is this directed towards McDonalds? I can only assume so due to your previous comments. They dont even flip the burgers. Its actually procedure to not flip the beef patties. The beef is laid on the grill and a platen lowers down and cooks the top.
This is the best post in the thread.
Indeed. 10/10
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

well we can also talk about the quality of the beef if you want

there are some serious animal right problems in there somewhere

mitoe is obviously the mastermind behind that
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.