RE: Neuron and ESOC

Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

incog wrote:I am also getting tired of people crapping on the contributions of the rest of the team.
Everything is much appreciated of course, but I guess you could say that the rest of the team is somewhat replacable. Like, the main thing is that the stuff you are doing takes a lot of effort mostly, but what Neuron was doing also took some skill I suppose. I personally dont give a fuck about who did how much anyways.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

@jerom I'm not saying our coding efforts are more impressive than the entirety of his work.
My point is that Neuron has been constantly belittling everyone else's work and praising his own and it's getting old. Almost everyone seems to now consider Neuron the only one who did any work on this site and that's painful to read. Again, he was a big part of how the site turned out and we appreciate his work, but he had no business holding onto the root admin account based purely on his claims that "no one else is doing anything".

Can you see why claims like that would not sit well with people who spent much of their free time making this project work?
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

jerom wrote:
incog wrote:I am also getting tired of people crapping on the contributions of the rest of the team.
Everything is much appreciated of course, but I guess you could say that the rest of the team is somewhat replacable. Like, the main thing is that the stuff you are doing takes a lot of effort mostly, but what Neuron was doing also took some skill I suppose. I personally dont give a fuck about who did how much anyways.

Neuron is also replaceable..

In a way, Neuron pretty much replaced me. Im basically the guy who re-skinned the site and set up stuff like home-page and the sidebar. I redid the entire graphics of the site. Its only about a weeks worth work, but I did work my butt off. I had even started to work on small javascript programs for integrating Elorating search into the sidebar.

I used a lot of google and a lot of experimentation. I dont think I could have made something like the brackets but the rest of it is easily within my capability.

However, just after we launched the site, I started my internship and my free time plummeted. At the same time, Neuron had been offering his help either way, so we ended up giving him the task of fine tuning the site itself. He did that quite well. In the end it was a relief for me to be able to take the back-seat, since Neuron had the technical background which allowed him to do everything we wanted to do much faster than I could. So it made sense to give that work to him and he went above and beyond the call of duty doing that.

Were grateful for it.

Unfortunately following that work was a lot of annoying shit which was hard to deal with. You know the rest of the story
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

neuron wrote:GS, did you even read where I said I actually could not hold that root admin account? Do you know how H2O took it? He simply asked for the email to be changed on it, and he got it. How could I have held that account if it was so easy for him to take it, any day? So stop using this argument, because it doesn''t hold much water. You guys could have taken the root account any day by simply asking Proboards for it.
Doesn''t change the fact that you did not want to give it when the entire team asked for it.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01

Post by edeholland »

mitoe wrote:
Today, after recovering from the security issues we faced the other day, everyone on the ESOC team decided it would be best to leave the admin accounts with H2O. Due to comments made in the past and several threats made to leave the group, the team did not feel comfortable with Neuron continuing to have access to the admin account to the forums. Neuron changed passwords to both the admin account for our site, our YouTube channel, and our domain, eso-community.net, and refused to share these accounts facing a unanimous vote within the admin group. The group proposed several ideas such as leaving it with someone else but no ideas were really acceptable to him. The language Neuron used also made the team feel threatened and defeated as they felt the site was under control of someone who wasn??t looking to work with the team. The decision was made with 100% agreement to contact support and get control of the admin account. The decision was also made to limit Neuron??s access to the admin functions, after expecting a destructive response.

Belgium stanleywinston
Dragoon
Beginner Division WinnerDonator 01
ESO: Stanley_Winston

Post by stanleywinston »

First of all, Neuron has NOTHING to do with the hacking of this site, changing the domain, trying to steal all the donations or anything in that matter. The hacker was USA based (probably using proxy's like every decent hacker does) and from my knowledge, was NOT a community member. I doubt that anyone in this community would be smart enough or capable to accomplish anything that has happened regarding the hacking. The system we built was far too safe to be hacked by a child (in terms of computer knowledge and no, being able to DDOS someone and script a little bit is not enough). I find it very, very sad that Neuron is treated like this, as he's done the most work for this site and this community. In my opinion, he's far not thanked enough for what he's done and it's sad.

Some people need to REALLY calm down and think about some stuff here. I am closely coming to the insight that I never should've created this, because the only things that happen here are flaming, raging, accusing and what not. This is so saddening to read. I even had to re-write this comment 4 times because I was too enraged to read all this bullshit.

Ryan (H2O), I REALLY appreciate what you've done, you're a wonderful person and a good friend, but your 'leadership' is becoming a dictatorship now. When we first started the tournament, it was me and Michael (Mitoe) but afterwards you came by and started to change things up, organise everything different than I wanted (and also without my knowledge). It turned out to be all fine, but the way it happened was totally wrong. I was left out, my opinion didn't even care. I understand I am young, but being able to set up an entire tournament, community and donation fund, you have to be goddamn stupid to think I am some kind of adolescent. The second tournament was even worse, you made all the rules, format and restrictions (players etc.), but this time it didn't go as planned. This tournament was horrible. I was left out (again). The first rounds were boring and the next rounds even more boring. It already started with Erik (snowww) bashing Fard which led to his disqualification. If you would've listened to some of the others like Garja, Veni, me, Boneng, etc. this tournament wouldn't have been so bad. Nonetheless I still appreciate what you've done for the community and you're still my friend. Just work on the fucking attitude.

GoodSpeed, you really annoyed me the most here. The way you act is just totally bullshit. You act like our North-Korean friend, Kim Jong-un. Sure, you write the posts, moderate the site, made a generous donation and organised the betting tournament. But then what? I don't think you made this entire site, make the brackets, custom pages, the sidebars, the menus, twitch, etc...? But you act like you're the god of the entire community. You're not. I could accept it from Ryan (H2O) because he's a good player, streamed, helped players with their gameplay (even me), actually organised stuff (sometimes in a dictator-y way) and did really help the community, but you my friend. You literally did shit. Yeah, you got incog into the staff, but apart from that you were just bossing around Neuron and commented on every. single. thing. he did. It doesn't work that way. If you were a professional programmer I would understand. But no, you're not. You also ignored me around like a freaking dog, treating me like I was a child and had no experience whatsoever. Fine for me now, you'll feel what it'll be like to actually do stuff.

But fine, I quit now. Since I am not useful anymore and this community pisses me off.

De ballen.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01

Post by edeholland »

stanleywinston wrote:First of all, Neuron has NOTHING to do with the hacking of this site, changing the domain, trying to steal all the donations or anything in that matter. The hacker was USA based (probably using proxys like every decent hacker does) and from my knowledge, was NOT a community member. I doubt that anyone in this community would be smart enough or capable to accomplish anything that has happened regarding the hacking. The system we built was far too safe to be hacked by a child (in terms of computer knowledge and no, being able to DDOS someone and script a little bit is not enough). I find it very, very sad that Neuron is treated like this, as hes done the most work for this site and this community.

Where did we blame Neuron for the hacking of the domain?

stanleywinston wrote:In my opinion, hes far not thanked enough for what hes done and its sad.

So how many times do we have to say we are grateful and we thank him?
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Who are you kidding Ward? You quit months ago. Neuron got to you, huh?
No Flag sebbe
Musketeer

Post by sebbe »

Lol Neuron get over yourself!
How old are you?
Btw, the site looks like some school project and the logo is so ugly it makes me puke.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

calmyourtits wrote:Who are you kidding Ward? You quit months ago. Neuron got to you, huh?

well, Id say thats a weak response gs. I guess its scary that someone is backing up Neuron now.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Yes Neuron has been quite effective at spreading misinformation not just here but in private conversations as well, apparently.
I'm done responding to people who think they know what went on internally within the ESOC group when they really have no idea.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

The unfortunate thing ward, is that I've never heard this from you before.

I think that the accusations you have for Ryan are a little harsh. It's not ryan's fault snowww smurfed. I would also hardly say that either tournament was horrible. Especially ASC Spring, which was amazing. Nonetheless it's important to underline this, H20 doesn't dictate much, he's very open to the way things work, he doesn't call shots. the team calls the shots.

As for the accusations on goodspeed, well they're also pretty baseless. I won't even take the time to debunk them.

Either way, I wish you had taken the time to be more active in the site's development yourself rather than in a roundabout manner. You were the founder but we hardly heard from you. Instead, you come out of no-where and flame everyone. I just don't get it.

You do realize that our only goal is to give AoE3 a community site and run community events? We have no interest in this dictatorship stuff you're talking about and it's getting quite tiresome..
Garja wrote:
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

calmyourtits wrote:A ton of people have been backing up Neuron, he has been quite effective at spreading misinformation not just here but in private conversations as well, apparently.
I''m done responding to people who think they know what went on internally within the ESOC group when they really have no idea.

so ward has no clue about what has been going on behind the scenes at all?
No Flag mnogud
Lancer

Post by mnogud »

well he is right about the summer championship sucking though... there were hardly any good players... no _h2o, nagayumi, snowww, boneng and aizamk tooo
No Flag sebbe
Musketeer

Post by sebbe »

Wtf @ jerome you are so stupid it hurts
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

sebbe wrote:Wtf @ jerome you are so stupid it hurts

well, Id say you are smarter than me but you appear to lack even the basic ability to read and write down someone''s name.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

mnogud wrote:well he is right about the summer championship sucking though... there were hardly any good players... no _h2o, nagayumi, snowww, boneng and aizamk tooo

Fortunately though, that isn''t at all H20''s fault. :/
Garja wrote:
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

I just wonder why is it relevant what this ward guy thinks/wanted. If he hasn't been involved in months his opinion about who should hold the admin account etc should be irrelevant.

That being said I guess he is basically the only one who can give insight to what happens behind the scenes who hasn't already spoken.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

incog wrote:
mnogud wrote:well he is right about the summer championship sucking though... there were hardly any good players... no _h2o, nagayumi, snowww, boneng and aizamk tooo
Fortunately though, that isnt at all H20s fault. :/

its partly his fault that he didnt sign up, dont you think?
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

gibson wrote:I just wonder why is it relevant what this ward guy thinks/wanted. If he hasn''t been involved in months his opinion about who should hold the admin account etc should be irrelevant.

That being said I guess he is basically the only one who can give insight to what happens behind the scenes who hasn''t already spoken.

well it kinda backs up some of Neurons statements. Now it seems like he isnt just saying some of the things he did because he is angry I suppose.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

sebbe wrote:Lol Neuron get over yourself!
How old are you?
Btw, the site looks like some school project and the logo is so ugly it makes me puke.

If it makes you puke, why are you still here?
If you dont like the site, stop visiting it instead of blaming.
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish