RE: Neuron and ESOC

No Flag goldenicon
Musketeer

Post by goldenicon »

iwillspankyou wrote:So in Neurons opinion, all of us who is joining this community, has nothing better to do? What a douchebag-statement! Up to now u had some of my understanding for beeing angry - but its deminishing - for sure. Be a man and a member of this community like the rest of us. We would like to have you. Or just quit and leave this too rest now. pls

I''m pretty sure he means there isnt any other aoe3 websites that compare to this one. It would be strange to belittle people for spending time on this site when neuron has put in more time than vast majority here.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

I hope u r right goldenicon. Guess u could understand it like that too. I realy hope this would stop now - its been going on for 18 pages!! Must be the longest thread ever - and its taking focus away from the games. And is it a coincidance that we are having all this hacking incidendes now? And that the brackets are not working anymore? There are also very little happening on the stream. This arguing is just killing the fun out of the game and the site.
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Norway oxaloacetate
Dragoon

Post by oxaloacetate »

iamsoldier wrote:
oxaloacetate wrote:Thats helpful.
Who is in need of help?
No one, clearly.
We watched the tragedy unfold
We did as we were told
We bought and sold
It was the greatest show on earth
Great Britain CuCkO0
Dragoon
ESO: CuCkO0

Post by CuCkO0 »

I am in need of help, or more so some love. I cry myself to sleep many nights just wishing, hoping to find that special person to give my heart too. And my penis.
KINGofOsmane wrote:If Elo is down what are we even fighting for
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

Neuron, the admins may have been unfair to you, but why are you taking it out on the community? You knew when you started here that this was all volunteer work. Therefore, you have no right to demand that they return it.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

neuron wrote:When I started here the site was not owned by someone who bought it, so it made sense to contribute to a project which was nobody''s private property. Ward was the owner of the forum but he had a very hands-off approach, he almost never got involved. So the feeling in the admin board was that the site did not really belong to anyone, it was just a community site. After we moved on forums.net things changed. Now H2O owns the site and can do whatever he wants with it. This time is for real, because at the end of the 6-month contract he will get a database dump with everything on the site (users, posts, passwords) and can move it wherever he wants. Would you leave your work on such a site which is now someone''s private property and which is going to end up getting moved somewhere and used however the owner wants to use it?

There is a difference between working for a community site and one owned by someone. And btw, once you create something or you come up with an idea/concept you put into practice, if that is covered by copyright laws, you automatically gain rights to it. You don''t even have to register it, you never lose rights to your work and what happens with it. So you do have the right to ask someone to take it off a site, if you leave or are kicked out of the admin board of that site. They can''t hold it against your will, it''s not even legal.

Once again, all I and the rest of the forum hear is a butt hurt child. This coming from someone who had supported you and thought your removal was unfair, although after this display of immaturity and failure to move on, as well as complete stubbornness, the admins accusations of you being an awful person to work with are starting to hold water.

Only a child would harm a large amount of people who supported him to get revenge on a few, which is exactly what you''re trying to do. Try to be an adult and do the adult thing which is to move on with your life. Trust me, dwelling on the past is not something you want to do for most of your life.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

neuron wrote:Why do you think this in such small personal terms? Why don''t you think about it in legal/rights terms?
I am aware this would make me unpopular, but is it not my right to have a say in where my work is being used?

Did you ever work half a year for someone for free then got kicked out and the owner of that business kept using your work on their main product? It''s something like that. So, you didn''t get paid, you didn''t get hired, and the owner kept using your work, possibly making money with it. And then, someone else, a consumer starts complaining: Why are you asking to get your work back? Don''t you think about us? How can you be so selfish and not think about us?
But isn''t this consumer also selfish? Doesn''t he only think about his own usage of something for free, instead of another person''s work being abusively used for said product?

if you didnt want people to use your work, you shouldnt have worked for free without any contract related to it.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

neuron wrote:Why do you think this in such small personal terms? Why don''t you think about it in legal/rights terms?
I am aware this would make me unpopular, but is it not my right to have a say in where my work is being used?

Did you ever work half a year for someone for free then got kicked out and the owner of that business kept using your work on their main product? It''s something like that. So, you didn''t get paid, you didn''t get hired, and the owner kept using your work, possibly making money with it. And then, someone else, a consumer starts complaining: Why are you asking to get your work back? Don''t you think about us? How can you be so selfish and not think about us?
But isn''t this consumer also selfish? Doesn''t he only think about his own usage of something for free, instead of another person''s work being abusively used for said product?

What the hell? I''m not gonna argue with you about rights, because I don''t know jack shit, but your crazy man. To answer the first question, yes, I volunteered several times a week at a non profit that was supposed to be for under privileged children but really put 75% of its revenue into the pocket of the owner. The fact that your looking at us as customers just shows how flawed your reasoning is. This is a community, not a business. What do you think h20 is gonna use your brackets in his next power point presentation( h20 if your reading this I''m not trying to trivialize your job, just trying to speak in terms neuron understands, since he doesn''t seem to understand logic)? No one is making money of off this. There are no customers. When I found out the non profit I volunteered for was bullshit, I didn''t bill them for my team or come destroy the things I created, I did the adult thing and moved on. I didn''t act like a stuck up child and demand all that I did come back to me and continuesly troll them everytime there''s an issue on the site like you''ve been doing the past few days. Jesus grow up dude.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

neuron wrote:If there was no contract, the normal copyright laws apply. And they say you have the right to the products of your work, even if you did it for free. You always have the right to withdraw those rights of use from someone, if you decide so.
Since the 80s copyright laws apply to software too.

@gibson
Not all types of work are copyrightable. Normally only original creations are. The concept of clickable brackets with media content was my original idea. I''ve never seen it anywhere else.

great I''m glad that you came up with this idea of a click able bracket. I''m sure it was a lot of work and outside the capability of most people,myself included. However I don''t see how that''s relevant to me or anything that iv said in my last few posts.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

neuron wrote:If there was no contract, the normal copyright laws apply. And they say you have the right to the products of your work, even if you did it for free. You always have the right to withdraw those rights of use from someone, if you decide so.
Since the 80s copyright laws apply to software too.

@gibson
Not all types of work are copyrightable. Normally only original creations are. The concept of clickable brackets with media content was my original idea. I''ve never seen it anywhere else.

have you actually visited liquipedia?

They have those brackets but better.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

drlegend wrote:Well I doubt you would win in a court of law on this. Neuron.

So here??s the messed up story that began many years ago: A doctor named Sharon Irons was having an affair with a Chicago family physician named Richard Phillips. Apparently, they never had sexual intercourse, but she would perform oral sex on him. Well, after Phillips ejaculated in Irons?? mouth one night, she decided to store the semen in her cheeks and then spit it into a test tube. She later used the semen to impregnate herself.

Two years later, Irons filed a paternity lawsuit against Phillips, and the DNA test confirmed he is the father of her child. Subsequently, Phillips was ordered to pay $800 a month in child support. He claimed that she stole his sperm, but the court rejected that stance, saying his sperm was given to her as a ??gift,? ??an absolute and irrevocable transfer of title to property from a donor to a donee,? according to the court decision. Therefore, the sperm was hers to keep. The judge even added, ??There was no agreement that the original deposit would be returned upon request.?

haha, what a story. Good read for sure... Apperantly ejaculating in someones mouth is a donation xd
No Flag ssaraf
Dragoon
ESO: robinhood_xing

Post by ssaraf »

drlegend wrote:Well I doubt you would win in a court of law on this. Neuron.

So here??s the messed up story that began many years ago: A doctor named Sharon Irons was having an affair with a Chicago family physician named Richard Phillips. Apparently, they never had sexual intercourse, but she would perform oral sex on him. Well, after Phillips ejaculated in Irons?? mouth one night, she decided to store the semen in her cheeks and then spit it into a test tube. She later used the semen to impregnate herself.

Two years later, Irons filed a paternity lawsuit against Phillips, and the DNA test confirmed he is the father of her child. Subsequently, Phillips was ordered to pay $800 a month in child support. He claimed that she stole his sperm, but the court rejected that stance, saying his sperm was given to her as a ??gift,? ??an absolute and irrevocable transfer of title to property from a donor to a donee,? according to the court decision. Therefore, the sperm was hers to keep. The judge even added, ??There was no agreement that the original deposit would be returned upon request.?
Lolzzz... most of us here would consider becoming a philanthropist after this. :D
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

I guess there will be sue's for copyright soon...
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

neuron wrote:
jerom wrote:have you actually visited liquipedia?

They have those brackets but better.
Yup. Didnt see any cool brackets. Just normal brackets with few extra info per match next to them. But no clickable behaviour. Link?

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/2 ... n_1/Code_S

With all respect, those brackets are easily superior.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

jerom wrote:
neuron wrote:Yup. Didnt see any cool brackets. Just normal brackets with few extra info per match next to them. But no clickable behaviour. Link?
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/2015_Global_StarCraft_II_League_Season_1/Code_S

Maybe its because Im on mobile(I did go to the actual desktop site though), but I dont see anything special.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

gibson wrote:
jerom wrote:http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/2015_Global_StarCraft_II_League_Season_1/Code_S

Maybe its because Im on mobile(I did go to the actual desktop site though), but I dont see anything special.

I dont either, but I didnt see anything special regarding Neurons brackets either. If you scroll down a little to the brackets, you can click on any match, see a summary of the games and get acces to the preview write up, live report threads and VODs per game. Plus it shows when the match was played, and more importantly, automatically counts down to when it will be played if it hasnt been played already.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

gibson wrote:
jerom wrote:http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/2015_Global_StarCraft_II_League_Season_1/Code_S

+1

Jerom, no offense, but it kinda sucks.
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

thebritish wrote:
gibson wrote:Maybe its because Im on mobile(I did go to the actual desktop site though), but I dont see anything special.
+1

Jerom, no offense, but it kinda sucks.

whats so special about Neurons brackets? Because they do less and do it worse.

Did you guys even scroll dowm to the actual brackets?
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

I think it's time to let this thread die soon.

http://i.imgur.com/Ld4TL9y.png
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

jerom wrote:
gibson wrote:Maybe its because Im on mobile(I did go to the actual desktop site though), but I dont see anything special.
I dont either, but I didnt see anything special regarding Neurons brackets either. If you scroll down a little to the brackets, you can click on any match, see a summary of the games and get acces to the preview write up, live report threads and VODs per game. Plus it shows when the match was played, and more importantly, automatically counts down to when it will be played if it hasnt been played already.

the countdown to the game isnt something that can be done in a p2p tourney because it often changes. I think neurons brackets are more athstetically pleasing and his point about click able is definitly valid
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

incog wrote:I think it''s time to let this thread die soon.

http://i.imgur.com/Ld4TL9y.png

yes exactly.

How the hell did you guys miss that when I linked it...