The $1,500 African Championship of AOE3!!

French Southern Territories kevinitalien
Lancer
ESO: KEVINITALIEN
Clan: PLOP

Re: The $1,500 African Championship of AOE3!!

Post by kevinitalien »

EGCTV wrote:
oldskool_bro wrote:I just don't understand why Fitzbro and Aussie drongo really want to play there. without wanting to step closer to both, the two are clearly worse. one only played lakota at a moderate level and the other can apparently only achieve good results with a highly unbalanced civilization. and now the two are taking a place for significantly better players. well it is an invitation tournament but the quality stands and falls with the people that are invited

if the tournament is not in the live cast again, i will not watch it.
For what it's worth I also don't buy into the negativity on their chances. My own, completely made up odds would give Fitz a 15% chance and Aussie a 40% chance. Fitz has who knows how many hours of Hausa under his belt already and there's no reason he can't give GUA a solid run. Having totally new civs (and maps) is such an unknown that it really just balances everything. And while Knusch is obviously insanely strong, Aussie will have also played a lot more with the African civs and I think he'll put up a big fight.
according to your logic ezad which does not have early access i think would have a chance against mitoe which has early access? (maybe i'm wrong), i mean ezad is really solid but mitoe is just a top player who has early access compared to ezad knusch breeze and GUA, not gonna lie i don't agree too much with this, all players regardless of their base level should be able to use civs at the same time as everyone else, one player weaker than the other does not mean that he should be given advantages imo, I mean there is still 1500$ prize pool we can't say its not important lol
Image Image
No Flag oldskool_bro
Musketeer

Post by oldskool_bro »

what about the King of Osmane? he has just won the spanish tournament and is in top shape I think
Germany blackout
Dragoon

Post by blackout »

What's the point of complaining? U funded the tournament or what am i missing?
Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Post by harcha »

yeah unfortunately early access is not gonna be symmetrical, but i don't believe EGC has any say over this matter
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

At some point in time on 3 DE or aoe 4 I am gonna host a 10k LCM only tournament just to spite the entitled brats of ESOC
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Australia JKProwler
Dragoon

Post by JKProwler »

Excited for it, will definatley be watching.

It's a bonus that I know Fitz and Aussie won't be saying good bye posts win or lose ?
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

JKProwler wrote:Excited for it, will definatley be watching.

It's a bonus that I know Fitz and Aussie won't be saying good bye posts win or lose ?
hahah yeah i thought saw mitoes goodbye post from competitive aoe3, 2 weeks later.... hello im back!!
Uzbekistan Timurid
Skirmisher
ESO: Trained Spahi

Post by Timurid »

Chaos and unknown plays into Aiz's style. lets go Elifent!

oh and thank you EGCTV for making this happen!
United States of America giveuanxiety
Advanced Player
Donator 02
ESO: GiveUAnxiety

Post by giveuanxiety »

I'm pretty sure all the tournament participants have had access to the new civs when this topic was posted.
Lasol wrote: :hmm: just Saw a YouTube video with giveyouanexiaty. He Said check youre stove, if you Want to improve youre aoe3 skills.

WHAT does check your stove means? And how do you do it?
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

Do a 16 player invitational ,pretty sure we wanna see more players and more content and the how meta gets developed week by week till finals.
:nwc:
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

I_HaRRiiSoN_I wrote:
JKProwler wrote:Excited for it, will definatley be watching.

hahah yeah i thought saw mitoes goodbye post from competitive aoe3, 2 weeks later.... hello im back!!
I can't tell if I'm not catching that this is a meta-as-fuck joke from you, but Mitoe's post specifically said that it wasn't a good bye post. :P
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Slovenia Javon
Musketeer

Post by Javon »

kevinitalien wrote:according to your logic ezad which does not have early access i think would have a chance against mitoe which has early access? (maybe i'm wrong), i mean ezad is really solid but mitoe is just a top player who has early access compared to ezad knusch breeze and GUA, not gonna lie i don't agree too much with this, all players regardless of their base level should be able to use civs at the same time as everyone else, one player weaker than the other does not mean that he should be given advantages imo, I mean there is still 1500$ prize pool we can't say its not important lol
Not sure what you are on about, if the player believes they are at an disadvantage because their opponent might have had access to the civs earlier he always has the option to turn down the invite to play. Not sure why they would need any commenter in this thread arguing on their behalf it's not fair. They have a chance to win a prize, the alternative is not to win a prize so he is never worse off than he would be had this tournament not been announced. And the brackets were chosen at random so EGCTV is not gaming this to favour this or that player. If you are matched against a better player tough luck, but not sure what you have to lose.
Colombia Abraxas25
Crossbow
ESO: ValarMorghulis

Post by Abraxas25 »

Javon wrote:
kevinitalien wrote:according to your logic ezad which does not have early access i think would have a chance against mitoe which has early access? (maybe i'm wrong), i mean ezad is really solid but mitoe is just a top player who has early access compared to ezad knusch breeze and GUA, not gonna lie i don't agree too much with this, all players regardless of their base level should be able to use civs at the same time as everyone else, one player weaker than the other does not mean that he should be given advantages imo, I mean there is still 1500$ prize pool we can't say its not important lol
Not sure what you are on about, if the player believes they are at an disadvantage because their opponent might have had access to the civs earlier he always has the option to turn down the invite to play. Not sure why they would need any commenter in this thread arguing on their behalf it's not fair. They have a chance to win a prize, the alternative is not to win a prize so he is never worse off than he would be had this tournament not been announced. And the brackets were chosen at random so EGCTV is not gaming this to favour this or that player. If you are matched against a better player tough luck, but not sure what you have to lose.
Thank you... there is always someone here that is unhappy and trying to mine down everything.

For my part im very excited for this and ill be watching it live from Colombia!
Germany InaLeto
Crossbow
ESO: InaLeto

Post by InaLeto »

Nice
I will watching for mitoe/knusch/ageofkiller 
 :biggrin: - i am personally never understood the concept of content creaters ;)
French Southern Territories kevinitalien
Lancer
ESO: KEVINITALIEN
Clan: PLOP

Post by kevinitalien »

Abraxas25 wrote:
Javon wrote:
Thank you... there is always someone here that is unhappy and trying to mine down everything.

For my part im very excited for this and ill be watching it live from Colombia!
wait, there is confusion here, I never said that i was not happy, on the contrary i am i will be able to see the african gameplay of a good player while i myself quite hyped by these civs, I have just give a personal point of view on what pesti said, do not see the evil everywhere lol xD
Image Image
France Guigs
Tournament Admin
ESO: Guigs

Post by Guigs »

oldskool_bro wrote:what about the King of Osmane? he has just won the spanish tournament and is in top shape I think
Kingu has been rusty since 2015, same for csgo. I heard he's rusty on Doodle jump too

Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

I heard hes rusty on mariokart too
France Guigs
Tournament Admin
ESO: Guigs

Post by Guigs »

Hazza54321 wrote:I heard hes rusty on mariokart too
@KINGofOsmane Thoughts ?

Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Post by KINGofOsmane »

Facts
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
No Flag chronojj
Musketeer

Post by chronojj »

Let's go GUA! He has the hardest bracket by far but he is up to the challenge!
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

Not gonna lie... GUA looks in great form!
[Sith] - Baphomet
Rainbow Land callentournies
Howdah
ESO: esuck

Post by callentournies »

princeofcarthage wrote:At some point in time on 3 DE or aoe 4 I am gonna host a 10k LCM only tournament just to spite the entitled brats of ESOC
Haha, epic spite!
If I were a petal
And plucked, or moth, plucked
From flowers or pollen froth
To wither on a young child’s
Display. Fetch
Me a ribbon, they, all dead
Things scream.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

princeofcarthage wrote:At some point in time on 3 DE or aoe 4 I am gonna host a 10k LCM only tournament just to spite the entitled brats of ESOC
Nice! If you have some spare money come at my table, we will have fun!
Image Image Image
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Post by princeofcarthage »

Garja wrote:
Nice! If you have some spare money come at my table, we will have fun!
As if you could ever win... Anyways, I don't remember mentioning waste money.
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Rainbow Land callentournies
Howdah
ESO: esuck

Post by callentournies »

Top 10 weirdest interactions
If I were a petal
And plucked, or moth, plucked
From flowers or pollen froth
To wither on a young child’s
Display. Fetch
Me a ribbon, they, all dead
Things scream.