United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우슀

Legacy Tournament Update

Post by n0el »

Tournament Update

Round of 32 Recap

The round of 32 is all but finished, and for the most part, the legends of legacy (re)asserted their dominance. Tournament host Kaiserklein took down Oliveza 3-0, Samwise took down everyone's favorite content creator GUA 3-0, Mitoe smacked up his fellow NA lad woodpusher, tabben returned to dab on Kaister 3-0, iamturk cleaned up minimoult 3-0, Prince from Finland (not Kabul) sending Yukietty home 3-0, and knusch only gave up 1 game against harcha. The big upsets of the round were Lavendar absolutely steeping over the semiFF secretary Guigs, theonlybaus showing his vanilla prowess and taking down Aizamk. miggo taking down BIG Soldier 3-2 and April taking Lukas back down to wolfgang.weiss level. In other games, Kevin shocked with a 3-0 of Opti, Kawapasaka sent somp home 3-0, Tit took out strategic god Don Artie 3-1, and Ezad survived a scare from Jerimuno 3-2. The big question, Where o' Where has Haitch gone? The number one seed and tourney favorite, Haitch, forfeited in round 1 being replaced by Yurashic who 3-1'd daddy sheck.

Round of 16 Preview

Looking forward to the round of 16, there are several intriguing matchups. Samwise getting a new test against Kawapasaka who will be looking to bring vengeance for GUA. Lavendar will try to keep his upset string rolling against Ezad. Kaiserklein will hope to take the semi-FF banner against Tit while Mitoe takes on miggo. In a battle of French and German matchups, baus will try to take out Prince. Tabben will try to continue dabben against Yurashic, Kevinitalien and knusch will face off, and iamturk will face off with April.

As games are scheduled to be streamed check back for the latest schedule which will be posted here.
mad cuz bad
Kiribati princeofcarthage
Retired Contributor

Re: Legacy Tournament Update

Post by princeofcarthage »

Why did hazza forfeit from a 2300 $ tourney, it's becoming a trend ngl
Fine line to something great is a strange change.
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

princeofcarthage wrote:Why did hazza forfeit from a 2300 $ tourney, it's becoming a trend ngl
Who else forfeited :?:
[Sith] - Baphomet
Retired Contributor

Snuden wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:Why did hazza forfeit from a 2300 $ tourney, it's becoming a trend ngl
Who else forfeited :?:
Hazza forfeiting from tournaments is becoming a trend
Uzbekistan Timurid
Skirmisher
ESO: Trained Spahi

Post by Timurid »

Maybe he is tired of dominating and wants to have a competitive tourney?
Retired Contributor

I mean this is probably the most competitive one in long time. Not sure how more competitive it can get with active players we have.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Timurid wrote:Maybe he is tired of dominating and wants to have a competitive tourney?
If that was the case he'd just play this out, as by his definition this tourney is pretty competitive. Stacked brackets, free win civs aren't allowed, and he likes the civ rules and maps.
He's just tired of playing DE, at least when it comes to sup.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Thanks a lot for the update!
n0el wrote:April taking Lukas back down to wolfgang.weiss level
Imagine that poor guy randomly typing his nickname on google out of curiosity and finding this
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

I just wish that @tabben would wear the x666 clan tag.
[Sith] - Baphomet
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우슀

Post by n0el »

I wish he would officially change his name to dab'n
mad cuz bad
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

@n0el Where's my 35 bucksh

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

And my donor badge!
[Sith] - Baphomet
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

@tabben @theonlybaus @knusch @samwise12 @Mitoe @Miyawaki Sakura @Lavendar

Hey guys, 2 quick reminders
- I realized the rules link in the scheduling threads is wrong, my bad. For the record, starting in this round, ONE civ can be played a second time in a series.
- I thought it's obvious that no record games nor results should be shared before the series are actually casted, but apparently it's not. Next time someone leaks any sort of result, I'm cutting some of the prize money.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

People gave you that money with the intention that it was going to go towards the prize pool for this tournament. Pretty shitty to arbitrarily take that away(potentially).
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

gibson wrote:People gave you that money with the intention that it was going to go towards the prize pool for this tournament. Pretty shitty to arbitrarily take that away(potentially).
People donated that money with the intention to watch casted tournament games without already knowing the result.

Also tell me how I prevent people from spoiling results, if not by applying that kind of pressure. It's the second time already that I hear about the result of a tourney series before I (the tourney admin) even get the recs by PM. I mean they don't bother sending me the recs while actually sharing them with mates ?

For the record I'm not saying the prize pool will be smaller lol. I'm saying some people might get less % of it than they would it they didn't spoil.
Greece LazarosVas
Dragoon
Clan: GMDS

Post by LazarosVas »

@Kaiserklein Can you please upload the series from the quarter finals on youtube? Some super high quality games should be up to see on youtube, otherwise they will be lost :(
Retired Contributor

gibson wrote:People gave you that money with the intention that it was going to go towards the prize pool for this tournament. Pretty shitty to arbitrarily take that away(potentially).
You know, you are just inviting the "take me back to school" vibes with these kind of posts. Ngl
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Kaiserklein wrote:
People donated that money with the intention to watch casted tournament games without already knowing the result.

Also tell me how I prevent people from spoiling results, if not by applying that kind of pressure. It's the second time already that I hear about the result of a tourney series before I (the tourney admin) even get the recs by PM. I mean they don't bother sending me the recs while actually sharing them with mates ?

For the record I'm not saying the prize pool will be smaller lol. I'm saying some people might get less % of it than they would it they didn't spoil.
There are plenty of other ways that make more sense, such as making someone start at a map disadvantage or disqualification. Anyway, I misunderstood, as long as the total prize pool is the same and it’s just distribution that changes that’s not a big deal.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

gibson wrote:There are plenty of other ways that make more sense, such as making someone start at a map disadvantage or disqualification. Anyway, I misunderstood, as long as the total prize pool is the same and it’s just distribution that changes that’s not a big deal.
Yeah, I realized later that my post could be interpreted as in the global prizepool would be smaller, but of course that's not what I meant
LazarosVas wrote:@Kaiserklein Can you please upload the series from the quarter finals on youtube? Some super high quality games should be up to see on youtube, otherwise they will be lost :(
Nah for now I'm just highlighting the videos on twitch, don't have the time for youtube. No series is lost, it will all be on youtube eventually.
Greece LazarosVas
Dragoon
Clan: GMDS

Post by LazarosVas »

Kaiserklein wrote:
gibson wrote:There are plenty of other ways that make more sense, such as making someone start at a map disadvantage or disqualification. Anyway, I misunderstood, as long as the total prize pool is the same and it’s just distribution that changes that’s not a big deal.
Yeah, I realized later that my post could be interpreted as in the global prizepool would be smaller, but of course that's not what I meant
LazarosVas wrote:@Kaiserklein Can you please upload the series from the quarter finals on youtube? Some super high quality games should be up to see on youtube, otherwise they will be lost :(
Nah for now I'm just highlighting the videos on twitch, don't have the time for youtube. No series is lost, it will all be on youtube eventually.
Ι hope they will be because I think after some time twitch deletes the broadcasted videos, it would be a shame to lose some of these awesome games.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

LazarosVas wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:
Ι hope they will be because I think after some time twitch deletes the broadcasted videos, it would be a shame to lose some of these awesome games.
If he saves them on twitch, they are never deleted.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Well I'm sorry to tell you guys that the game 4 of the theonlybaus vs KnuschelbÀr series just can't be casted. It goes OOS from both perspectives for no apparent reason.
Anyway the result is 4-0 to @knusch, wp by him, he'll move on to finals vs myself, and @theonlybaus will fight for bronze vs @Mitoe. Scheduling threads will be created as soon as the recs are uploaded.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Finals will be casted tomorrow at 18 GMT on my channel by @Hazza54321 and @Mitoe !

Edit: actually will start streaming bronze myself at 17 GMT, followed by the boys doing finals
France Le Hussard sur le toit
Howdah
ESO: LeHussardsurletoit

Post by Le Hussard sur le toit »

Kaiserklein wrote:Finals will be casted tomorrow at 18 GMT on my channel by @Hazza54321 and @Mitoe !
Star casters for a star final.
ESOC : came for the game, stayed for the drama.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Why have treaty player casting sup?