AOE3 Update 13.9057

Post by EliteRifleman »

Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Re: AOE3 Update 13.9057

Post by yurashic »

TL;DR:

1) They added a number of random changes like reducing gang saw research time by 10 sec;
2) Most team cards were renamed (for example TEAM Barracks Hitpoints -> TEAM House of Romanov), so next time you get a message that you received a team card from your ally you need to check his deck to see what he sent you;
3) Ethiopia prize bull nerfed, Inca fort also nerfed;
4) A lot of African maps and some old maps that you were used to were removed from the standard map set, many new European maps added;
5) Some bugs fixed, thank you;
6) 2 new civs, 2 new game modes and new event.
No Flag helln00
Howdah
ESO: helln00

Post by helln00 »

something i just noticed, Otto has permanent access to the new counter skirm outlaw, the hajduk

bit redudant imho, it would bascially fill the same role as the abus for otto
United States of America abeisfriend
Musketeer

Post by abeisfriend »

wait so they update the game but I cant play with new civs until tomorrow? feels weird. correct me if im wrong
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

abeisfriend wrote:
26 May 2022, 03:30
wait so they update the game but I cant play with new civs until tomorrow? feels weird. correct me if im wrong
Feels good we get the option to predownload a day before.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Rainbow Land Afroholic
Crossbow
ESO: Afroholic

Post by Afroholic »

abeisfriend wrote:
This situation make me feel weird cause I have already paid for new dlc a week ago. They released the new patch. New civs added to the game. Some of ppl could play it in qs because they have early access but I could not play it in qs even I paid for the new dlc. Its not a big deal to wait for 1 day or more but it just doesnt make sense. I could not get the logic. Why only a few players can play it even the civs is officially relesead on public version of the game.
No Flag helln00
Howdah

Post by helln00 »

they really should give beta access with new civs for dlc buyers
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

You can get healers and chasqui from nat posts with Italy (and I guess other civs)
Image Image Image
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Seems like advanced buildings has been moved to age 4 for more civs
No Flag helln00
Howdah

Post by helln00 »

I really like the new asset prelaoding feature
Iceland Yukietti
Dragoon
ESO: Yukietty

Post by Yukietti »

Afroholic wrote:
26 May 2022, 11:36
abeisfriend wrote:
This situation make me feel weird cause I have already paid for new dlc a week ago. They released the new patch. New civs added to the game. Some of ppl could play it in qs because they have early access but I could not play it in qs even I paid for the new dlc. Its not a big deal to wait for 1 day or more but it just doesnt make sense. I could not get the logic. Why only a few players can play it even the civs is officially relesead on public version of the game.
privilege.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Maltese "wall guns" card doesn't work/ has a different effect than the supposed one
Image Image Image
China oneoneless
Crossbow
ESO: DrunkingGuan

Post by oneoneless »

Sweden jaeger miss affected by counter Infantry rifling, Bug or Nerf?
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

oneoneless wrote:
27 May 2022, 20:00
Sweden jaeger miss affected by counter Infantry rifling, Bug or Nerf?
Probably a bug, it was noticed and reported earlier.
Great Britain andrewgs
Musketeer

Post by andrewgs »

how hard is it to keep a change log? several things not mentioned in notes.
- they moved adv buildings to age 4, but not the inca one
- long lines age 3 now
- chasquis not receiving strongholds (Was it this patch?)

if you intentionally change lancer train time for treaty balance, is it really a bug when it takes longer?
No Flag helln00
Howdah

Post by helln00 »

andrewgs wrote:
30 May 2022, 18:42

if you intentionally change lancer train time for treaty balance, is it really a bug when it takes longer?
apparently bugs can be in there for a long time, even the roger's ranger right now is apparently bugged cause it still gives access to the old age 4 version.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

andrewgs wrote:
Apparently it was a bug and not a treaty change. So it's worse than we thought, some dev really just turned a 40 into 66 by accident
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Rainbow Land callentournies
Howdah
ESO: esuck

Post by callentournies »

boar has 350 hp and 12 attack and guards 15f.
If I were a petal
And plucked, or moth, plucked
From flowers or pollen froth
To wither on a young child’s
Display. Fetch
Me a ribbon, they, all dead
Things scream.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

When you kill it gives 35f. Dont ask me why
Image Image Image
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Kaiserklein wrote:
31 May 2022, 08:13
andrewgs wrote:
Apparently it was a bug and not a treaty change. So it's worse than we thought, some dev really just turned a 40 into 66 by accident
For someone who supposedly is a programmer, how is it that every time you talk about development you prove you dont know anything about it? Nobody "accidentally" changed 40 to 66. That would have been changed in one of their internal builds for testing and than simply wasnt reverted.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

gibson wrote:
04 Jun 2022, 21:22
For someone who supposedly is a programmer, how is it that every time you talk about development you prove you dont know anything about it?
"supposedly"? Like I'd pretend to be one? Lol
Also you're the one telling me I don't know anything about development? What makes you qualified to do so? Are you even a developer?
gibson wrote:
04 Jun 2022, 21:22
Nobody "accidentally" changed 40 to 66. That would have been changed in one of their internal builds for testing and than simply wasnt reverted.
Why the fuck would they need to do this for? Testing a 66 sec train time? How does that make more sense?
Even if that's the case, and I'm not sure why it would be, they're still just as trash? You're supposed to review changes before merging them? Tell me how that shit happens since you're always smarter than everyone
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

You seriously post that dumbass shit and wonder why I think you're actually a programmer? You think its more likely that someone somehow just accidentally changed some values that were getting floated for a potential treaty change rather than someone intentionally changed them? You don't understand how something that wasn't meant to be on a live build could possibly make it to a live build? Not only that but you have 0 clue whats going on behind the scenes yet are calling these people dogshit at their jobs? I'm not so smart, I just have the ability to use basic critical thinking skills. I'm not even a professional programmer, I know some R and have done some small projects on the side at various jobs I've had, and that small experience combined with the fact that I have the ability to observe things around me has made me realize 2 things, which I would have thought anyone who had any programming experience at all would understand. 1) People change things to test and 2) Sometimes those things, things that are not meant to go live go live and sometimes things have bugs. The biggest games and the biggest apps and the biggest programs have bugs, but you don't understand how aoe3 DE could possibly have a bug? Jesus Christ.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

I don't know why you always have to be such a know it all + so aggressive when arguing. Also don't know why you decided you'd always side with the devs no matter what but okay
gibson wrote:
04 Jun 2022, 23:49
You seriously post that dumbass shit and wonder why I think you're actually a programmer? You think its more likely that someone somehow just accidentally changed some values that were getting floated for a potential treaty change rather than someone intentionally changed them?
Vividlyplain said that it was never meant to be a treaty change, that it's just a bug, but okay interesting assumption.
I think we can't know how/why that change went through, all we know is that it accidentally did, hence my post. It just shouldn't happen regardless

gibson wrote:
You don't understand how something that wasn't meant to be on a live build could possibly make it to a live build?
No, I don't understand how it could make it to a live build, because you're supposed to have a bunch of processes to avoid that? You should check your code before committing it? Even if you don't, there should be someone else reviewing your changes and approving them or not? Then there should be playtesting to ensure the changes are correct, or at least once released and players start complaining about this bug, you hotfix it asap?
And yet, basically every patch there's shit like this that's not in any change log and goes through. But you're right, it's totally normal, they're definitely not just being amateurs...

gibson wrote:
Not only that but you have 0 clue whats going on behind the scenes yet are calling these people dogshit at their jobs?
I'm gonna repeat what I had to tell you already a while ago. I know a lot more about what's going on behind the scenes than you think, and a lot more than you do. It's easy for you to claim that since obviously I'm not gonna be able to go into details here. I'll just say I've been told the backend team has been doing a terrible job from day 1. But you won't believe me so whatever

gibson wrote:
I'm not so smart, I just have the ability to use basic critical thinking skills. I'm not even a professional programmer, I know some R and have done some small projects on the side at various jobs I've had, and that small experience combined with the fact that I have the ability to observe things around me has made me realize 2 things, which I would have thought anyone who had any programming experience at all would understand. 1) People change things to test and 2) Sometimes those things, things that are not meant to go live go live and sometimes things have bugs. The biggest games and the biggest apps and the biggest programs have bugs, but you don't understand how aoe3 DE could possibly have a bug? Jesus Christ.
Yeah so essentially you have very little experience, but as usual you act like you know better. Reminds me of when you kept acting like you know the game better than top players, it's just annoying really.
Yeah "sometimes" you have this kind of bug. How often is the real question... On DE we get dumb bugs every single fucking patch. Do you think I'd have flamed them if the lancer train time thing was our main issue lol? It's just yet another stupid bug among so many others. Also there's a difference between a real bug that you don't necessarily spot easily at first, and a fucking 40 being turned into a 66 committed by accident...
I think you have absolutely no idea about how source control, branching, versioning, testing, best practices, processes overall work. So you think it's normal devs just change stuff and they accidentally go live. No, it's fucking not, at least not in a professional team. Obviously it happens sometimes, but it shouldn't be everytime. We've even had bugs that you could spot instantly 5 mins after opening the game. I'm convinced they don't even open the game at all and no one playtests anything.
Serbia ShinkuroYukinari
Dragoon
ESO: ShinkuroYukinari
Clan: BANIN

Post by ShinkuroYukinari »

Garja wrote:
04 Jun 2022, 19:44
AOE2 reference likely. Could be interesting to see explored beyond treasure guardians

Also, you two desperately need some hoes
My signature was removed, MOD ABUSE!
Argentina EliteRifleman
Dragoon
ESO: EliteRifleman
Clan: SpNz

Post by EliteRifleman »

Garja wrote:
04 Jun 2022, 19:44
I thought about it, and it's a new way to steal treasure, you can last shot the boar and get more loot than your opponent would get from the same treasure.