EPL4 Week 2

United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

EPL4 Week 2

Post by Cometk »

— Match Schedule — EPL4 Standings — Event Discord — ECL1 Standings — Tourney Schedule —

Image Image Image

Maps: Map Pool 3 (Pomerania / Nile Valley / Florida / Karelian Lakes / Punjab)

Boomers will lock civilizations first in Game 2.

Blockhouse Boomers (10) vs Cuirassier Management Co. (15)

JulianK (1) vs Ungurs (4)
Mitoe (1) vs Revnak (4)
iamturk (0) vs tabben (5)
Frontline (3) vs KĂ©vin (2)
Happycat (5) vs miggo1999 (0)

BOOM Substitutes: GroGu
CMC Substitutes: Sombbugunggu

Image Image Image

Maps: Map Pool 4 (Saguenay / Dakota / Punjab / Manchuria / Florida)

BIGs will lock civilizations first in Game 2.

Hudson Bay BIGs (14) vs Mandarin Duck Squad (11)

Optimus (2) vs Kaiserklein (3)
minimoult21 (3) vs Ezad (2)
A Sturdy Table (5) vs Oliveza (0)
Yukietti (2) vs Conquerer97 (3)
LukasL Don Artie (2) vs Woodpusher (3)

BIGs Substitutes: LoOk_tOm
MDS Substitutes: Steppenwolf

Round deadline is Sunday, May 14th, 23:59 GMT.

— Match Schedule — EPL4 Standings — Event Discord — ECL1 Standings — Tourney Schedule —
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Re: EPL4 Week 2

Post by Hazza54321 »

Cometks unbiased predictions when
Korea South Vinyanyérë
Retired Contributor
Donator 06
ESO: duolckrad, Kuvira
Clan: 팀 하우슀

Post by VinyanyĂ©rĂ« »

Cometk is too busy selling Pokémon cards or some shit to do predictions so

welcome to duck's biased predictions

JulianK (3) - Ungurs (2)

JulianK overperformed week 1 while Ungurs underperformed. Could also go 2-3

Mitoe (5) - Revnak (0)

esocBHB GivePLZ LET'S GO MITOE TakeNRG esocBHB

We're Mitoe fans again now that our match against the Boomers is done but he'll be back on the shitlist for playoffs.

iamturk (1) - tabben (4)

Might be 2-3 but tabben did well week 1 and iamturk lost to Conquerer so unless Conquerer is really good this will be a good match for tabben. Oh wait, Conquerer is really good. 2-3 it is.

Frontline (3) - KĂ©vin (2)

No idea about this one but callen tells me Frontline is good so I give him the dub here

Happycat (5) - miggo1999 (0)

Should have given us the Forjustice-Somppu rematch you cowards. I implore you to redo this pairing.

Kaiserklein (5) - Optimus (0)

Best player in the league taking the second step to a 20-2 EPL4 record

Ezad (5) - minimoult21 (0)

Love us some minimoult over at MDS headquarters but this will be a clean 5-0. minimoult's one China game might look a little scary for Ezad at some point, but only for the unfaithful

Conquerer97 (5) - Yukietti (0)

Conquerer is absolutely cracked this go around at EPL. Yukietti is going to be riding a big high after last week's 5-0 but let's not confuse confidence with competence.

Oliveza (5) - A Sturdy Table (0)

Dan's going to look so washed this match he'll be back to being a team manager for EPL5

Woodpusher (5) - Don Artie (0)

LukasL took one look at his opponent and realized he'd need to change his name to LukasLLLLL. Guess we have Don Artie instead who'll unfortunately have to close out EPL4 at 0-10.
duck
:mds:
imo
Suriname kaister
Lancer
ECL Reigning Champs
ESO: I Date My Cousin

Post by kaister »

welcome to kaister's kinda UNBIASED predictions

Floko 4 vs Ungurs 1
Feels a little silly to predict @Ungurs getting beat this badly in 2023, but I think this is a bad matchup for him. Both players are coming off 3-2 losses in week 1, but different circumstances. @JulianK seemed lucky to get 2 from Kaiser, while Ungurs seems rather unlucky to drop 3 to EPL machine Daniel. Ungurs plays very similarly to kaiser, with strong mechanics and semi ff timings. Ungurs is no slouch, but he’s no Kaiser (yet). Meanwhile I think Floko can pick up right where daniel left off - picking good matchups and strats to put the pressure on ungurs to make something happen, having the late game scaling in his back pocket. These two met in the group stage of the KOTOW final 16, and Floko won 3-1. Ungurs has played a lot since then, and these won’t be easy wins, but I think Floko has a good week.

Mitoe 3 vs Revnak 2
Fun Fact: since EPL2, @Mitoe oe is 7-0 in EPL series against not Kaiserklein (0-4 against kaiserklein, but who’s counting). While a certain Rank 1 player might have more elo, he isn’t Kaiserklein. and Italy is banned. This looks like a recipe for success for Mitoe. Mitoe finds a way to lose against me more than he should, so i’ll give Revnak 2 games (India = Italy after all, and otto good civ). Peak Mitoe would not have lost two games to Ezad, so clearly he hasnt knocked off all the rust, but he did win the series so clearly he's not as washed as he was. Meanwhile Breeze is active as ever but seems to be kinda handicapped from playing Italy only for a couple months. Seems going from winning every game at 0:00 isn't so easy without OP civs. Mitoe loves to pick civs/strats that win when everything goes perfect, breeze like to pick strats that work even with a major mishap or two. Clear CSM edge to Revnak, but Mitoe should be the better player, and should be ahead every game, but whether or not he’s gonna be able to beat the barrage of de bullshit breeze will throw at him remains to be seen. And say what you will about Revnak, but he does know alot of the de bullshit. Expect a lot of walls, boring games, and a Mitoe series win. @admin's best be on standby

Iamturk 1 vs tabben 4
This would have been an amazing series 4 years ago. Now I’m not really sure. Haven’t seen anything from @iamturk Turk that impresses me in well over 2 years now. I’m not even sure if he knows what a Shotel warrior is. @tabben is atleast fairly active these days, and a tough out. tabben is coming off a close 3-2 win over minimoult while turk is coming off a close loss to conqueror. Id favor minimoult over conq if they were playing this week, so would seem there is a sizable gap between turk and tabben. Turk would be lucky to win this series, and while I think he steals a game or two (and definitely a treasure or two) tabben seems like the better player. convincing 4-1.

Frontline 4 vs Kevin 1

This is the week @Frontline goes from a relative unknown to a force to be reckoned with. A small civ pool held him back in Kotow last summer, but man’s means business now. a 5-0 win over Steppenwolf was a battle of two players who haven't played many games on the big stage before, but this week he gets an opponent with a ton of tournament experience in @kevinitalien . Kevin is also coming in hot, riding high after destroying washed don artie 5-0. While Kevin is no pushover, he doesn't always close out games that he should win and can sometimes be a bit of a bot. beating Steppenwolf was cool, but this is the big name take down frontline needs. Neither player has dropped a game so far this EPL, so something has to give. Hoping to see Kevins Hoodenaise vs Frontline India, but after that I think frontline rolls.

happy cat 2 vs miggo 3
@miggo1999_ just lost 5-0 to yukietty, and didn’t rage quit. major moral victory for him. his team needs a big win this week. @Forjustice has taken down some big names before, but you never know with Asian players, and you don't know if Miggo is even playing this game. So, this isn't so much a prediction as a shot in the dark

14-11 boomers

Opti 2 vs Kaiser 3
@Kaiserklein is the much better player. He should win every game. but Optimus “if you can’t dazzle them with brilliance baffle them with bullshit” Prime (@optimusprime ) apparently requested this matchup. that’s all I need to hear to know he’s got sometime stupid cooking. Kaiser is good enough to scout and adapt, but opti knows all the de bullshit while kaiser doesn’t. lightning doesn’t strike twice, but opti can. a little combination of bad pathing and some stupid nat post techs and opti can get a game off kaiser and once the tilt sets in anything can happen. As we saw last week, kaiser kinda jammed his units into bad fights against floko. Opti's one achilles heel is he might take so long between games that kaiser can de-tilt. I'm gonna expect 3 clean Kaiser wins where the game isn't close at all and opti sneaking out two close ones. But one thing I've learned is to never bet against opti.

minimoult 3 vs Ezad 2
@Ezad will be favored here, but @minimoult21 is gonna be ready for the ole run around. Mechanically, Mini is mich better. but 3 otto cons hus is 3 otto cons hus. the key is gonna be if mini is ready for the usual ezad strats or if hes gonna be lazy and just expect standard play. Ezads famous double dock + dopps germany play typically catches players with their pants down. Mini is gonna have to play well to avoid melee units popping in his face and random tcs going up all series, but he has all the tools to pull off the win. Both are coming off close 3-2 loses to good players in tabben and mitoe, so both will be looking to get a win on the board. Mini has played 11 EPL series in his carear. All but 2 have been decided by 1 game. Expect a close series again.

table 5 vs oli 0
@TheNameDaniel TheGameWinningEPLGames. Another game with one player with a mechanics edge playing vs someone who lovescheese strats. this is the spot dan has excelled at in recent EPLs. In fact, he is a beast in these situations. @Oliveza lost 3-2 to happycat last week, who probably spent no time preparing for olis Spain shenanigans. the table shouldn't make the same mistake. While Oli isn't the pushover this scoreline suggest, its fun to predict someone loses 5-0 and I think Oli is a good bet for that, though he probably wins at least one just to spite me.

Yuki 3 vs Conq 2
is @Yukietti good? is @dicktator_ good? Both beat a big name last week but both opponents seemed washed? neither of these players seemed that great, but yuki had a nice range of new de civs. and playing the new de civs seems to be pretty important since those civs seem pretty good. I’ll go ahead and give yuki the edge here, but much like the happycat/miggo series, I really don't know much about how these players stack up.

Don artie 1 vs woodpusher 4
quite possibly the worst series in EPL history. @don_artie has his best days well behind him, and that was on full display as he got whooped 5-0 by kevin last week. @woodpusher is coming up with new woodpusher builds. hard to tell if those are a lil ha trolly or if that’s just how he always plays. kinda depends on how good woodpusher is, but think he’s more active of the two and don might be in trouble here. EPL debut, first tournament I remember for woodpusher in a while. Should be ready to rock and roll, and send Don into EPL retirement. Well, until @LionHeart realizes his other option would be to play @Lukas_L99 who we all know is damn dogshit. Woodpusher in a close one with some wacky games.

14-11 Bigs
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

Predicting is fun so i will hop on the train.

My Semi-unbiased predictions:

Blockhouse Boomers (10) vs Cuirassier Management Co. (15)

JulianK (2) vs Ungurs (3)
Both are good i expect a close series 3-2 for either but since Ungurs is from my ECL team i will root for him.

Mitoe (2) vs Revnak (3)
Revnak knows DE meta and plays a lot his malta ,india ,ports ,otto gonna give him W . Mitoe can come ahead if he learns DE things & way around .But Revnak did drop 2 games vs opti so Mitoe does have a chance.

Edited from Mitoe (1) Revnak (4) Mitoe taking 1 game was too harsh after how well he did vs Ezad Mitoe on good day will make it look close.

iamturk (1) vs tabben (4)
Jacked tabben he does play DE time to time while turk not that much but i give edge to tabben in this and his performance from last week was amazing hes straight gonna 5-0 turk but i trust with heavy bias on iambestmechanics he will get atleast 1 W.

Frontline (2) vs KĂ©vin (3)
Frontline heavily underrated player hes good but also hes not much of 1v1 player and Kevin has experience on this so i give this to Kevin .

Happycat (3) vs miggo1999 (2)
I remember Forjustice making good debut by beating lecastete in a tournament no one expected this from him and idk if hes active while miggo was inactive but i give it to Forjustice because of Team Asia think it will be 3-2 for either with rustiness.

Hudson Bay BIGs (12) vs Mandarin Duck Squad (13)

Optimus (2) vs Kaiserklein (3)
I wouldn't be surprised if Opti goes 3-2 but it's kaiser! opti might need to lame some DE to win the series.

minimoult21 (2) vs Ezad (3)
Think Ezad takes this 3-2. Ezad comes to mind after Revnak knowing DE meta the most.

A Sturdy Table (5) vs Oliveza (0)
Danielek just gonna 5-0 hes just too good hes S tier player & very dangerous i keep telling to watch out for this guy but none cares lol.

Yukietti (3) vs Conquerer97 (2)
Yuki wins the series hes active from what i can see while conqueror needs to hold onto to his mechanics but i think he can pull of some games.

Don Artie(0) vs Woodpusher (5)
5-0 for the uber driver uberjz (aka woodpusher)y dude is lamer and comes with innovative strats but i haven't watched him in DE but i favour him. His debut comes from WOL hes very good at finding/abusing strats from new civs.
:nwc:
Brazil look
Howdah
ESO: LoOk_tOm

Post by look »

I believe Don Art will go 0-5 in every game.
his art is outdated.
Kaiser sucks
Garja Noob
grunt the best
Kickass God
BSOP OP
Italy Don Nameless
Skirmisher

Post by Don Nameless »

Don't dismount my work colleague Don, I'm a fan of his
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

look wrote: ↑
11 May 2023, 08:15
his art is outdated.
Way to have your teammate's back
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

kaister wrote: ↑
11 May 2023, 06:30
Fun Fact: since EPL2, @Mitoe oe is 7-0 in EPL series against not Kaiserklein (0-4 against kaiserklein, but who’s counting).
Damn I actually thought this was true since EPL1, but apparently I repressed the memory of losing 1-4 in every single series to Hazza, iamturk, and Raphael :P
Netherlands don_artie
Dragoon
ESO: don artie

Post by don_artie »

oi it doesn't sound too promising for me
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

Not as much detail as Kaister's writeups but:

JulianK (4) vs Ungurs (1)
I think Julian will be better practiced for this match than he was for his match against Kaiser, and even against Kaiser he still took two games.

Mitoe (2) vs Revnak (3)
Revnak has been active all this time and knows most of the DE stuff, but Mitoe is good and he has Julian as a practice partner so he should still be able to take 2 games. Could easily be better or worse for either player.

iamturk (1) vs tabben (4)
tabben has the activity (not very active but I think he's been more active than turk) bonus and is better than me. I think turk will win a game where he gets a more standard EP type matchup or if tabben fucks something up.

Frontline (3) vs Kevin (2)
This is the most important match in my opinion. I think it can go either way, while other matches have more clear victors (this might age badly), and I think it will decide which team wins the week. Frontline has been beating me a lot on ladder and seems really good right now, so I'll give advantage to him

happycat (4) vs miggo (1)
From what I saw, I think miggo got 5-0'd because of Yukietty playing really well with good builds more than miggo playing bad. However, Julian was telling me he is very confident in happycat right now, and historically happycat has done really well in EPLs, so I think he will win.

Boomers 14 - 11 CMC

My team will, of course, win every match and the week easily
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
Brazil look
Howdah
ESO: LoOk_tOm

Post by look »

Lukas_L99 wrote: ↑
11 May 2023, 11:21
look wrote: ↑
11 May 2023, 08:15
his art is outdated.
Way to have your teammate's back
I'm like a child on a seesaw in trades
Kaiser sucks
Garja Noob
grunt the best
Kickass God
BSOP OP