EPL4 Week 3

United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

EPL4 Week 3

Post by Cometk »

— Match Schedule — EPL4 Standings — Event Discord — ECL1 Standings — Tourney Schedule —

Image Image Image

Maps: Map Pool 5 (Colorado / Gran Chaco / Nile Valley / Dakota / Saguenay)

BIGs will lock civilizations first in Game 2.

Blockhouse Boomers (13) vs Hudson Bay BIGs (9)

JulianK (3) vs minimoult21 (2)
Mitoe (3) vs Optimus (2)
Frontline (1) vs A Sturdy Table (4)
iamturk (2) vs Yukietti (0)
Happycat (4) vs Don Artie (1)

BOOM Substitutes: GroGu
BIGs Substitutes: LukasL, LoOk_tOm

Image Image Image

Maps: Map Pool 6 (Hokkaido / Colorado / Karelian Lakes / Korea / Nile Valley)

Ducks will lock civilizations first in Game 2.

Cuirassier Management Co. (16) vs Mandarin Duck Squad (9)

Ungurs (4) vs Ezad (1)
Revnak (2) vs Kaiserklein (3)
tabben (3) vs Conquerer97 (2)
KĂ©vin (4) vs Oliveza (1)
Sombbugunggu (3) vs Woodpusher (2)

CMC Substitutes: miggo1999
MDS Substitutes: Steppenwolf

Round deadline is Sunday, May 21st, 23:59 GMT.

— Match Schedule — EPL4 Standings — Event Discord — ECL1 Standings — Tourney Schedule —
Brazil look
Howdah
ESO: LoOk_tOm

Re: EPL4 Week 3

Post by look »

:hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:
Kaiser sucks
Garja Noob
grunt the best
Kickass God
BSOP OP
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

JulianK (4) vs minimoult (1) - I predicted Julian 4-1 last time and my prediction got BTFO by Ungurs who actually 4-1'd Julian, but I feel more confident about Julian vs minimoult considering Julian 4-0'd him in the KOTOW tournament. However, this is a very different situation, and mini will come prepared with some strong stuff. I'm expecting Julian to drop one map, but it could easily be two.

Mitoe (2) vs optimus (3) - Mitoe looked great in week 1 but not as good in week 2. So the question is kind of which Mitoe will show up. Edge to Optimus because he went 2-3 vs Revnak and Kaiser.

Frontline (2) vs dan (3) - I think it's clear that Dan will win this one, but the question is how hard will he win? I think the answer is barely. Frontline is playing a lot and is very strong right now and I'm sure he will come with some good ideas vs dan. Could easily be worse for Frontline though.

Happycat (4) vs Don Artie (1) - I think I underestimated the BIGs team. If they didn't trade Frontline for Don Artie, I actually think they would be the strongest team because of how well rounded they would be. With don artie instead of frontline, they have a bit of a tier 5 weakness. Not as bad of a tier 5 weakness as CMC, but still. Don artie showed vs woodpusher that he is no slouch, but Happycat showed vs miggo and oli that he is one of the strongest tier 5s. Expecting don to take a game (maybe 2) with either boatsh or unitsh (sometimes in this DE meta people, including me, don't expect opponents to make units :D). Btw I wrote this before the first three games were played.

iamturk (2) vs yuki (3) - I played vs both of these players and won by the same score, but I think Yuki is stronger. I felt I got unlucky at some points vs turk, but I got lucky at some points vs yuki, and yuki also didn't play at his usual level in the first three games. Turk lost 5-0 vs tabben, but tabben is just jacked so that doesn't mean much (shit I'm in trouble). My instict is to predict turk 1-4 yuki, but that would be boomers 13 - bigs 12, the worst case scenario for us which requires us to win one additional map to qualify, so I'll predict 2-3.

boomers 14 - bigs 11
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

Blockhouse Boomers (13) vs Hudson Bay BIGs (12)

This pairings are hard to predict It can go 3-2 either way.Think JulianK vs minimoult gonna be close one it will really show who stands on the ladder ranking perfectly. If Mitoe is able to prepare of any sort he has good chances for taking more Wins .Frontline can beat danielek but honestly i wanna go against danielek this time for fun . If turk was able to take rust off from past 2 weeks he can win some . Forjustice is too good ! Sweden mirror was a close one today that's don main squeeze but there is possibility don might win 1 game.

JulianK (2) vs minimoult21 (3)
Mitoe (2) vs Optimus (3)
Frontline (3) vs A Sturdy Table (2)
iamturk (2) vs Yukietti (3)
Happycat (4) vs Don Artie (1)

Games between these 2 teams will be a nailbaiter as every win matters in order to qualify to playoffs!

Cuirassier Management Co. (15) vs Mandarin Duck Squad (11)

Golden matchups I think all would be close gamesh. Ungurs showing why hes named MIP after masterclass vs JulianK last week. Revnak vs kaiser is spicy ,Revnak shud be able to win with DE strats easily while kaiser should be able to beat Revnak in nilla match ups. Jacked tabben i would give him more Wins but looks like conqueror is least washed player out all old players so will be close. Kevin technically with good mechanics should win but he can be caught offguard. Idk if old Somali tactics is enough to run over people who actively endorse DE things so pusher shud be able make opponents push resign button.

Ungurs (3) vs Ezad (2)
Revnak (3) vs Kaiserklein (2)
tabben (3) vs Conquerer97 (2)
KĂ©vin (3) vs Oliveza (2)
Sombbugunggu (2) vs Woodpusher (3)
:nwc:
Suriname kaister
Lancer
ECL Reigning Champs
ESO: I Date My Cousin

Post by kaister »

welcome to kaister's kinda UNBIASED predictions
standings.jpg

Here the situation: Guigs band of *redacted* blayers sit in first, Bigs and boomers are fighting for second, and the ducks are doing some soul searching needing a big week to make it into the playoffs.
Currently (post don art continuing to perfect the art of clicking the resign button 3 more times), here's what every team needs to get into playoffs:
BIGS: Going 12-10 to finish this week would see them finish at 38-37. This would also mean that they would tie Boomers (but lose the tiebreaker of head to head). 12-10 would mean that the Bigs would need CMC to lose 16-9 or 17-8 to the ducks in order to make the playoffs. Anything worse, and better luck next EPL.
Boomers: Simply finishing 10-12 would be enough to get ahead of the Bigs, so that should be the goal. But, like the Bigs, boomers could go 9-13 the rest of the way and sneak into a 3 way tie for second if the bigs beat cmc 16-9. I'd think the boomers would win that 3 way tiebreaker, but with unclear rules and whacky admin decisions (see: Opti Kaiser Game 2) who the hell knows.
CMC: 10 wins ensures the ducks don't catch them, and a combination of 23 wins + boomer Ls or 20 wins + Bigs Ls will get CMC to the playoffs. (Where one baguette boy manager is a notorious choker, but more on that if it happens)
Ducks: 16 wins would be enough to pass CMC, but there's still a scenario where the boomers winning 13-12 would see the Bigs are boomers go thru leaving a 16-9 ducks team sitting on the sidelines for the playoffs. Even 17-8 would leave that possibility open (would be a 3 way tie with boomers and Bigs ducks would lose), so in order to control their own destiny, ducks need to win 18-7 or better this week. I know @Vinyanyérë will say he believes in his boys, but that's a tough task.

JulianK (1) vs minimoult21 (4)
These two played in the KOTOW quarterfinals, and Floko rolled. He also beat Ungurs in that tourney, and just got beat last week. I personally haven't played or seen a lot of Floko games recently (due to 7 adds on his stream in a row. let be better, @JulianK ) but adds aside he's got the talent to win some games. @minimoult21 , however, has himself in aoe3 shape somehow. Big win against Ezad last week has the confidence back up, and those games were probably enjoyable enough for mini to keep putting in the practice to continue his success. While Floko is gonna whip out africa (Bigs are not green flag civ enjoyers), I think everything else he does is stuff mini has seen before, and FLoko isnt as overwhelming skill wise as some players like hazza/kaiser who mini struggles against. Another bold pick for 4-1, but I'm not here to 3-2 everything. Mini wins big, but some very close games.

Mitoe (2) vs Optimus (3)
@optimusprime and his unusual nonsense are BACK, and in a big way after winning 2-3 against Kaiser last week. He only won 2 games (debatably 3 but his own opti scheduling hurt him in admin decisions) but BIGs HQ was pleased with the result. Meanwhile, @Mitoe is reeling from his first non Kaiserklein EPL loss in 4 years. Mitoe was ahead in every game it seemed, but had a hard time closing out wins. Opti is the kind of opponent Mitoe usual does well against, but Mitoe currently isn't the top 5 blayer he has been for the last 5 years. Hes good, no doubt, but not back to his peak. Opti meanwhile is as big a threat as ever. Feels dumb to predict opti games, because I don't even think he knows what's about to happen when clicking the ready button, but any good opti prediction is gonna leave you feeling dumb so 3-2 opti in a way feels like the right bet here.

Frontline (1) vs A Sturdy Table (4)
As any fan of my predictions knows, I'm a big @Frontline guy. the dudes got some skill. However, this is EPL and his Opponent is @TheNameDaniel . Tough spot. Frontline beat Kevin 3-2 last week, but if shotels weren't so good and rajputs weren't so bad, that series should have been 4-1. This week he's making a second consecutive big jump up in opponent difficulty, and this one feels like a jump too far. I don't think frontline gets oli'd like last week, but Dan is bashing opponents once again and this week feels like he should continue to rack up wins. probs to frontline for agreeing to this matchup, but I feel like throwing turk out here to lose 5-0 to table might have been a better way to go for @princeofkabul

iamturk (1) vs Yukietti (4)
@iamturk seems washed. Hard to blame the guy, as I'm washed too. The game (and japan) isn't what it used to be. @Yukietti doesn't seem great, and once again I'm not sure how he stacks up to anyone else. in fact the entirety of Yuki, turk, conqueror, happycat oliveza and miggo I have no idea how to judge their games cause I don't know if one player is good or if both are bad and ones just worse. However, predictions must go on. And both these players have a series vs conqueror under their belt to far this EPL. Both lost 3-2, So it seems an even match. However, I'm getting strong 1453 vibes, and I'm feeling a changing of the guard in Turkey. Turk isn't a pushover, and beating turk 4-1 is a daunting challenge, but I think Mini and the boys will get Yuki ready to go win some games. Whether he comes thru or not remains to be seen, but the opportunity is there.

Happycat (5) vs Don Artie (0)
going to defer to analyst @look on this one
tomgod.jpg
15-10 Bigs

Ungurs (2) vs Ezad (3)
Revnak (1) vs Kaiserklein (4)
tabben (4) vs Conquerer97 (1)
KĂ©vin (2) vs Oliveza (3)
Sombbugunggu (2) vs Woodpusher (3)
I typed up stuff for these games twice and this stupid website logged me out and then the words were gone so I aint doing it a third time enjoy the predictions tho
14-11 Ducks
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

my boys will make your lil' predictions look silly ! @kaister
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
Italy Don Nameless
Skirmisher

Post by Don Nameless »

Will the rec games be published on esoc after the tournament or after the various weeks? I'm interested in some games involving a rec game. In case it can't, Mitoe I'm a fan of your china, could you pass me your first china mirror vs optimus please (if you want/can)? :flowers: @Mitoe
Rainbow Land callentournies
Howdah
ESO: esuck

Post by callentournies »

The recs are on discord, would be a matter of putting them on esoc
If I were a petal
And plucked, or moth, plucked
From flowers or pollen froth
To wither on a young child’s
Display. Fetch
Me a ribbon, they, all dead
Things scream.
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

Don Nameless wrote: ↑
20 May 2023, 16:42
Will the rec games be published on esoc after the tournament or after the various weeks? I'm interested in some games involving a rec game. In case it can't, Mitoe I'm a fan of your china, could you pass me your first china mirror vs optimus please (if you want/can)? :flowers: @Mitoe
Here you go
Attachments
[SP] Mitoe[FR] vs D•F•S | Optimus[OT] - Saguenay.age3yrec
(9.25 MiB) Downloaded 125 times
Saguenay
Saguenay
Rules: Supremacy (1v1)
Version: Definitive Edition
[SP] Mitoe[GE] vs D•F•S | Optimus[PT] - Dakota.age3yrec
(8.37 MiB) Downloaded 97 times
Dakota
Dakota
[SP] Mitoe[SP] vs D•F•S | Optimus[SP] - afNile Valley.age3yrec
(7.71 MiB) Downloaded 69 times
afNile Valley
afNile Valley
[SP] Mitoe[DU] vs D•F•S | Optimus[IN] - Gran Chaco.age3yrec
(8.29 MiB) Downloaded 73 times
Gran Chaco
Gran Chaco
[SP] Mitoe[CH] vs D•F•S | Optimus[CH] - Colorado.age3yrec
(7.73 MiB) Downloaded 94 times
Colorado
Colorado
Italy Don Nameless
Skirmisher

Post by Don Nameless »

Mitoe wrote: ↑
20 May 2023, 19:44
Don Nameless wrote: ↑
20 May 2023, 16:42
Here you go
Wow, thank you so much Mitoe, I'll look at them right away :love:
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

Just an FYI, that China build I did is not exactly safe with the 3rd TP + Stagecoach. I wouldn't recommend it without some good scouting.

Probably better to just market and get more upgrades sooner in most situations
Italy Don Nameless
Skirmisher

Post by Don Nameless »

Mitoe wrote: ↑
20 May 2023, 20:03
Just an FYI, that China build I did is not exactly safe with the 3rd TP + Stagecoach. I wouldn't recommend it without some good scouting.

Probably better to just market and get more upgrades sooner in most situations
Op, i had skipped the stream for a few seconds that I find you with 3 tp with China and then I became curious about how you did it, among other things, with a different wonder passage.