ESOC Patch is coming

User avatar
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017
Posts: 1459
Joined: Feb 26, 2015
Location: ded

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by Aizamk »

alejandrote wrote:Rice Paddies could cost 600w, it''s not fair for euro civs to pay 800w for a plantation while Asian pay 400w for a versatile infrastucture. And Asian civs are less dependant of food so it won''t be a disaster.

Now I''m ready for pitchforks.
YOU FOOL! THAT WILL COMPLETELY CHANGE THE SETTLER MASSACRE META!
oranges.
No Flag alejandrote
Musketeer
Posts: 52
Joined: Feb 18, 2015

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by alejandrote »

aizamk wrote:
alejandrote wrote:Rice Paddies could cost 600w, its not fair for euro civs to pay 800w for a plantation while Asian pay 400w for a versatile infrastucture. And Asian civs are less dependant of food so it wont be a disaster.

Now Im ready for pitchforks.
YOU FOOL! THAT WILL COMPLETELY CHANGE THE SETTLER MASSACRE META!
This FP involves sacrifices Aiz, even cows are exposed to changes
User avatar
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs
Posts: 13599
Joined: May 4, 2015
Location: USA

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by gibson »

jerom wrote:
gibson wrote:Just because Aiz has contorted something into working does NOT mean its viable. If that were the case every civ in every age would be vaible.
well true, but china colonial is actually strong. You just think its trash because people nowadays also think its trash and only do FF, which might indeed be better. But to say its trash just means you dont have much experience with it.

well it may not be the very worst thing, but playing colonial China is basically an automatic loss to any of the mid tier civs( soiux, brit, French, China, India, japan, Aztec)
User avatar
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs
Posts: 13599
Joined: May 4, 2015
Location: USA

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by gibson »

mmcnoel wrote:
gibson wrote:China age 2 is trash. Any civ that doesnt have a musk unit besides Aztec has a trashy age 2. You need anti cav but pikes arent good against anything but cav. And with China its even worse because the banner armies force you to make an inordinate amount of pikes, which are basically useless.
I disagree with this. China has powerful shipments and eco in age 2 but no one plays it because of the strength of china FF.

Pikes are not useless, your opponent needs to make cav because microd CKN are strong and easily can kite musket armies. Plus having a mass of pike helps you when you hit critical timing mass after 3 mili shipments to push and seige rax/stables. The only thing that makes China age 2 difficult to play is the slow age up. You have to micro perfectly against fast pressure from civs like otto, iro and russia but if you can hold the initial push you can win against otto and russia easily (iro just too OP).

the to issues I see with colonial China (and theyre really issues with China in general but arent as relevant in age 3) is first off like Russia they need to have all the resources to make a batch of army. So while I can have 3 military structes and que one unit in each and finish off by making 12 units, China just cant do that. To que two batches if army you literally need like 800 resources. Also, due to the fact that they have banner armies, you have to micro well or your screwed. If your opponent just focuses down all your pikes, you will just die to cav, because you dont have the option to make 5 pikes, only the two that come with the standard army or whatever its called. Its just extremely hard to get the right proportion of pike and bow due to the fact that the number you can create each batch is set.
No Flag lusas
Skirmisher
Posts: 103
Joined: Aug 28, 2015

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by lusas »

They already said they wont nerf china '?ndia or the late Jap for now. Only fiX 5 civs
No Flag lusas
Skirmisher
Posts: 103
Joined: Aug 28, 2015

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by lusas »

I think minimal changes is better and safer. Priority should be maps balance incluinding game breaking treasures.
No Flag onderhond
Crossbow
Posts: 7
Joined: Jul 20, 2015

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by onderhond »

gibson wrote:
mmcnoel wrote:I disagree with this. China has powerful shipments and eco in age 2 but no one plays it because of the strength of china FF.

Pikes are not useless, your opponent needs to make cav because microd CKN are strong and easily can kite musket armies. Plus having a mass of pike helps you when you hit critical timing mass after 3 mili shipments to push and seige rax/stables. The only thing that makes China age 2 difficult to play is the slow age up. You have to micro perfectly against fast pressure from civs like otto, iro and russia but if you can hold the initial push you can win against otto and russia easily (iro just too OP).
the to issues I see with colonial China (and theyre really issues with China in general but arent as relevant in age 3) is first off like Russia they need to have all the resources to make a batch of army. So while I can have 3 military structes and que one unit in each and finish off by making 12 units, China just cant do that. To que two batches if army you literally need like 800 resources. Also, due to the fact that they have banner armies, you have to micro well or your screwed. If your opponent just focuses down all your pikes, you will just die to cav, because you dont have the option to make 5 pikes, only the two that come with the standard army or whatever its called. Its just extremely hard to get the right proportion of pike and bow due to the fact that the number you can create each batch is set.
This is also exactly why the keshik needs a boost. If your opponent is focussing down your pikes and you have already used up you pike shipment, you dont want a batch 3 pikes and 3 cho ko nu, you need to be able to mass full anti-cav army, but the pike-keshik army is just unviable/too expensive...

an extra pike card in colonial would be nice too, but that wouldnt fix the problem of the keshik..
No Flag anonymousv2
Musketeer
Posts: 53
Joined: Jul 11, 2015

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by anonymousv2 »

4 things, 1. I see what everyone is saying about Janissaries, it makes sense. nerf Abus instead. 2. Keshiks need a boost. They are really weak, and without them, China has no good ranged counter fav unit. Of course buffing Keshiks makes China even more powerful, so I think along with that, the Intervention shipment for China should be nerved to compensate. 3. I think that both Ports and Dutch need reduced vill cost, no question. I think in addition, to balance ports, their schooners card should be slightly nerfed, maybe -60% to maybe like 45 or 50 %. Also Dutch Bank cost needs to go down. 4. Spanish lancer and rod shipments need to be de-nerfed. In addition maybe strengthen rods or lower their cost.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01
Posts: 2549
Joined: Jun 28, 2015

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by lordraphael »

marco1698 wrote:This patch sucks though. Wall hp will be reduced significantly, Portuguese vills will cost less food? This is not what people care. You have to nerf the water, iro and ottomans. Oh, nerf also German and Indian
this is why we dont include the community . You just heard about 3 changes without any numbers and without any experience on how those changes turn out, nonetheless u think this enables u to say tat this patch sucks yet u only know about 3 potential changes that come.
Besides do you know what the community wants or doesnt want ? Why do you think u are smarter than us ? We try to balance the game with as few as possible changes. Just because GS didnt mention Otto and iro in his summary it doesnt mean we are not going to change them.
Also regarding german/ India or any other civ, if any civ turns out to be OP due to nerf / buffs for other civs we will obviously intervene.
Maybe u should all calm down a little bit and have a little faith in our work.

If u are unhappy with the changes AFTER the release we can still change things up.
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
User avatar
Russia yurashic
Howdah
Posts: 1303
Joined: Feb 28, 2015
ESO: Yurashic
Location: Russia

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by yurashic »

mmcnoel wrote:
gibson wrote:China age 2 is trash. Any civ that doesnt have a musk unit besides Aztec has a trashy age 2. You need anti cav but pikes arent good against anything but cav. And with China its even worse because the banner armies force you to make an inordinate amount of pikes, which are basically useless.
I disagree with this. China has powerful shipments and eco in age 2 but no one plays it because of the strength of china FF.

Pikes are not useless, your opponent needs to make cav because microd CKN are strong and easily can kite musket armies. Plus having a mass of pike helps you when you hit critical timing mass after 3 mili shipments to push and seige rax/stables. The only thing that makes China age 2 difficult to play is the slow age up. You have to micro perfectly against fast pressure from civs like otto, iro and russia but if you can hold the initial push you can win against otto and russia easily (iro just too OP).



Chinese are horrible in age 2. Like mentioned above, all civs without muskets are useless in age 2 except for Aztec, but even they despite having crazy cost efficient units struggle against musk cav in the long term.

Because of the banner army system you cant remass pikes if you lose them. Thats why age 3 China loses to pure hussar. In fortress it is not an issue because you can make full cav batches, have 3 strong anticav shipments (changdao, intervention, manchu) and redcoats for export.

Chinese do not have good cavalry in age 2. Steppe riders just die instantly and you can never get a good mass of them out simply because you have to train 2 steppe with 3 chu ko nus (1 hussar + 3 crossbowmen). Your only cavalry options are the 7 steppe shipment which is ok, Russian consulate cossacks and the rattan shield shipment.

Against Iroquois and Ottoman janissary rush you have to play age 2 because you cant age, you mine 160 gold for mm or to ff if they age, ship army -> army -> army -> 300 e for 8 coss -> 700 g -> rattan shields.
No Flag lusas
Skirmisher
Posts: 103
Joined: Aug 28, 2015

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by lusas »

Chinese is one of the most sucess civs in the comunity' with a 57 winning comparing with a 38 port and 40 dutch or 47 french. Only ?ndia or irq are Higher
User avatar
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
Posts: 9746
Joined: Feb 11, 2015
ESO: Garja

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by Garja »

It is not true that civs without musks can't play colonial. If China were able to prolong the game to late colonial it would probably beat half of musk civs because of its cost effective units.
Other civs (Germans or Dutch for example) can play colonial for a while while trying to age up.
Image Image Image
User avatar
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger
Posts: 3787
Joined: Jul 18, 2015

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by thebritish »

garja wrote:It is not true that civs without musks can''t play colonial. If China were able to prolong the game to late colonial it would probably beat half of musk civs because of its cost effective units.
Other civs (Germans or Dutch for example) can play colonial for a while while trying to age up.
true.. 8-)
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
No Flag SwissPro
Crossbow
Posts: 26
Joined: Aug 14, 2015

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by SwissPro »

Yes!! No more cheating Great! Dirty Moesbar!
User avatar
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
Posts: 9314
Joined: Apr 26, 2015
ESO: Funnu
Location: New_Sweland

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by zoom »

alejandrote wrote:Rice Paddies could cost 600w, it''s not fair for euro civs to pay 800w for a plantation while Asian pay 400w for a versatile infrastucture. And Asian civs are less dependant of food so it won''t be a disaster.

Now I''m ready for pitchforks.
I think decreasing Plantation cost (and bounties accordingly) to 600 would be preferable.
User avatar
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
Posts: 3409
Joined: Aug 20, 2016
ESO: _H2O

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by _H2O »

Just want to say the focus of the first run of this patch has been to bring a better experience on ESO more than to go crazy changing the gameplay we all love.

The change of the map pool, anti cheating, and automatic updates gives a lot of life to us when right now we are facing a lot of cheating problems and a stale QS environment.

The balance changes are a favorite to read, but don't expect the game to be changed too drastically to be honest.

Remember auto update means easy to make more changes in the future.

I also would remind you that sometimes different is good. China's age 2 is not viable period. Not many Civs are in this boat and it makes them play out way differently than other Civs. You can do some surprises with age 2 but ultimately you need to have age 3 in the agenda. If that changes the why is China any different than german Xbow pike ulhan?

That was the big mistake of the first fan patch. It went for balance over diversity and it was boring for 90% of players.
User avatar
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs
Posts: 13599
Joined: May 4, 2015
Location: USA

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by gibson »

garja wrote:It is not true that civs without musks can''t play colonial. If China were able to prolong the game to late colonial it would probably beat half of musk civs because of its cost effective units.
Other civs (Germans or Dutch for example) can play colonial for a while while trying to age up.

when I said can''t play colonial I meant can''t stay their and win... I wouldn''t consider making a few skirm, hus, or uhlan as staying colonial.....
User avatar
China fei123456
Jaeger
Posts: 3287
Joined: Apr 23, 2015
ESO: fei123456
Location: Alderaan

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by fei123456 »

h2o wrote:Just want to say the focus of the first run of this patch has been to bring a better experience on ESO more than to go crazy changing the gameplay we all love.

The change of the map pool, anti cheating, and automatic updates gives a lot of life to us when right now we are facing a lot of cheating problems and a stale QS environment.

The balance changes are a favorite to read, but don''t expect the game to be changed too drastically to be honest.

Remember auto update means easy to make more changes in the future.

I also would remind you that sometimes different is good. China''s age 2 is not viable period. Not many Civs are in this boat and it makes them play out way differently than other Civs. You can do some surprises with age 2 but ultimately you need to have age 3 in the agenda. If that changes the why is China any different than german Xbow pike ulhan?

That was the big mistake of the first fan patch. It went for balance over diversity and it was boring for 90% of players.

the standard army should contain 3 stepple rider 2 ckn. the forbidden army should train slower. and that''s ok.
sepoy SHOULD be nerfed to 180hp. if we nerf otto and iro but dont change anything about india, it will become a lame civ ofc.
User avatar
China fei123456
Jaeger
Posts: 3287
Joined: Apr 23, 2015
ESO: fei123456
Location: Alderaan

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by fei123456 »

yurashic wrote:
mmcnoel wrote:I disagree with this. China has powerful shipments and eco in age 2 but no one plays it because of the strength of china FF.

Pikes are not useless, your opponent needs to make cav because microd CKN are strong and easily can kite musket armies. Plus having a mass of pike helps you when you hit critical timing mass after 3 mili shipments to push and seige rax/stables. The only thing that makes China age 2 difficult to play is the slow age up. You have to micro perfectly against fast pressure from civs like otto, iro and russia but if you can hold the initial push you can win against otto and russia easily (iro just too OP).

Chinese are horrible in age 2. Like mentioned above, all civs without muskets are useless in age 2 except for Aztec, but even they despite having crazy cost efficient units struggle against musk cav in the long term.

Because of the banner army system you cant remass pikes if you lose them. Thats why age 3 China loses to pure hussar. In fortress it is not an issue because you can make full cav batches, have 3 strong anticav shipments (changdao, intervention, manchu) and redcoats for export.

Chinese do not have good cavalry in age 2. Steppe riders just die instantly and you can never get a good mass of them out simply because you have to train 2 steppe with 3 chu ko nus (1 hussar + 3 crossbowmen). Your only cavalry options are the 7 steppe shipment which is ok, Russian consulate cossacks and the rattan shield shipment.

Against Iroquois and Ottoman janissary rush you have to play age 2 because you cant age, you mine 160 gold for mm or to ff if they age, ship army -> army -> army -> 300 e for 8 coss -> 700 g -> rattan shields.

age 2 china dont have musk, but they have keshik. a keshik with upgrade has 8??4 to cav 1.5 rof, which means 3 musks. the main problem is they dont have good melee cav. steppe rider has poor hp attack and they can only have 2 each batch. if its 3 steppe rider 2 ckn a batch things will be different.
User avatar
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
Posts: 12710
Joined: Feb 26, 2015
ESO: diarouga
Location: France

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

rikikipu wrote:
marco1698 wrote:This patch sucks though. Wall hp will be reduced significantly, Portuguese vills will cost less food? This is not what people care. You have to nerf the water, iro and ottomans. Oh, nerf also German and Indian
Nerf german... LOL. Next step, nerf dutch and spain plz
German are too op, thats a fact. It wont be nerfed in a 1st patch because well only touch 5 civs but in next patches itll be nerfed for sure.
User avatar
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
Posts: 9746
Joined: Feb 11, 2015
ESO: Garja

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by Garja »

gibson wrote:
garja wrote:It is not true that civs without musks cant play colonial. If China were able to prolong the game to late colonial it would probably beat half of musk civs because of its cost effective units.
Other civs (Germans or Dutch for example) can play colonial for a while while trying to age up.
when I said cant play colonial I meant cant stay their and win... I wouldnt consider making a few skirm, hus, or uhlan as staying colonial.....

I mean real colonial. Germans can play colonial just fine.
Image Image Image
No Flag mongobillione
Dragoon
Donator 02
Posts: 467
Joined: Mar 4, 2015

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by mongobillione »

lordraphael wrote:
marco1698 wrote:This patch sucks though. Wall hp will be reduced significantly, Portuguese vills will cost less food? This is not what people care. You have to nerf the water, iro and ottomans. Oh, nerf also German and Indian
this is why we dont include the community . You just heard about 3 changes without any numbers and without any experience on how those changes turn out, nonetheless u think this enables u to say tat this patch sucks yet u only know about 3 potential changes that come.
Besides do you know what the community wants or doesnt want ? Why do you think u are smarter than us ? We try to balance the game with as few as possible changes. Just because GS didnt mention Otto and iro in his summary it doesnt mean we are not going to change them.
Also regarding german/ India or any other civ, if any civ turns out to be OP due to nerf / buffs for other civs we will obviously intervene.
Maybe u should all calm down a little bit and have a little faith in our work.

If u are unhappy with the changes AFTER the release we can still change things up.

Hate hate hate.... +1 good post douchebag
No Flag alejandrote
Musketeer
Posts: 52
Joined: Feb 18, 2015

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by alejandrote »

zoom wrote:
alejandrote wrote:Rice Paddies could cost 600w, its not fair for euro civs to pay 800w for a plantation while Asian pay 400w for a versatile infrastucture. And Asian civs are less dependant of food so it wont be a disaster.

Now Im ready for pitchforks.
I think decreasing Plantation cost (and bounties accordingly) to 600 would be preferable.
Its another option, but I think the best for this game is making the transition to farms-plantations-paddies quite expensive to preserve the fight for map control. Imagine if Germany can build a plantation for 600w. You can task 8sw+2v (starting 3sw + 2sw shipment+ 3sw shipment) which are 18 villagers gathering gold. Too cheap. Anyway I doubt they nerf Asian civs.
User avatar
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
Posts: 9314
Joined: Apr 26, 2015
ESO: Funnu
Location: New_Sweland

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by zoom »

I doubt Chinese and Indians will be untouched if additional civilizations are changed in potential future patches.
User avatar
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
Posts: 1679
Joined: Feb 27, 2015
ESO: p-of
Location: In your base

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by Rikikipu »

diarouga wrote:
rikikipu wrote:Nerf german... LOL. Next step, nerf dutch and spain plz
German are too op, thats a fact. It wont be nerfed in a 1st patch because well only touch 5 civs but in next patches itll be nerfed for sure.


diarouga wrote:On fair maps ger, fre and dutch are as good as india.
Fre, ger are as good as china.
Fre, ger, brit, russia are as good as jap.

So Germany is as good as india, china
diarouga wrote:india and china are fine, not too op..

diarouga wrote:India and china are fine as they are, nerfing them would make them not strong enough.


diarouga wrote:india isnt op. China, sioux, az, ger are good but you can beat them.


I think you are missing some constancy in your ideas....

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Which top 10 players do you wish to see listed?

All-time

Active last two weeks

Active last month

Supremacy

Treaty

Official

ESOC Patch

Treaty Patch

1v1 Elo

2v2 Elo

3v3 Elo

Power Rating

Which streams do you wish to see listed?

Twitch

Age of Empires III

Age of Empires IV