ESOC Patch is coming

Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by Goodspeed »

They age quicker with 300w, but keep in mind that +100w is quite beneficial to their opponent as well. If I'm playing Japan vs Germans for example, I would not be wishing for a 300w start. Japan may benefit from the extra wood crate more than the average civ, but other civs benefit from it too. This is why the static 300w start for China was a big mistake from a game design perspective.
India Nymphomaniac
Dragoon

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by Nymphomaniac »

But static 300w start for china doesn't guarantee a 200 wood start for their euro opponents, does it?
Btw, was joking about japan's 300 wood start, but it wouldn't be game breaking even if they get it like China..
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by fei123456 »

i just watched garja's stream and found that port vill cost is reduced to 80f. i think it's too much. if port can train a vill with 80f 25s, what about russia? they train a vill with 90f and they HAVE to train 3 in a batch, which is quite annoying in early games. and port have 2 or 3 TCs easily, and start with 7 vills...
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by fei123456 »

i suggest giving russia 6 vills start. or even 7.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by Goodspeed »

cerebralassasin wrote:But static 300w start for china doesn''t guarantee a 200 wood start for their euro opponents, does it?
Exactly, that''s why it''s a mistake. Any game with China in it is slightly unbalanced by default.
No Flag kazama
Musketeer

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by kazama »

isnt it possible to change the animation of war wagons(making the war wagons to fire from the front rather than turning back and firing and then again turning back)
or rather change their hp or resist as i suggested earlier.
Switzerland chusik
Crossbow
ESO: Chusik

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by chusik »

kazama wrote:isnt it possible to change the animation of war wagons(making the war wagons to fire from the front rather than turning back and firing and then again turning back)
or rather change their hp or resist as i suggested earlier.
I think Germans are strong enough
Legends say he's still laming bombards :hmm: :hmm:
[imgur][/imgur]
No Flag aoefan4life
Lancer

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by aoefan4life »

China should get 400 wood start so they can get the normal 3 vill shipment without having to gather fucking wood in age 1. The age 1 vill shipment card should spawn 2 vill from town centers and 1 from a village.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by thebritish »

IS the ports cost for villagers lowered to 85 or 80 food?
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by momuuu »

Wait, the 28th of september is just four days away #hype
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by gibson »

jerom wrote:Wait, the 28th of september is just four days away #hype

ten bucks on the date getting pushed back
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by thebritish »

jerom wrote:Wait, the 28th of september is just four days away #hype
i cant :P
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by edeholland »

thebritish wrote:IS the ports cost for villagers lowered to 85 or 80 food?
Why not 90? (:))
No Flag lusas
Skirmisher

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by lusas »

S? what are all the changes? Dont forget halbs and Grenadier changes. This 2 units should get into game
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by edeholland »

lusas wrote:S? what are all the changes? Dont forget halbs and Grenadier changes. This 2 units should get into game
Lusas, we aren''t trying to change the meta (too much). Introducing new units by making them more viable is changing every strategy ever lol
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by Hazza54321 »

Random question: have you considered yumi having a 0.5x multiplier vs cav rather than 0.8
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by Hazza54321 »

paul wrote:i suggest giving russia 6 vills start. or even 7.

7vills is too much, that could lead to a potential 19v age up with the wood tricle eco theory and hd at 515
No Flag lusas
Skirmisher

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by lusas »

Whats the problem by creating new strats ? halbs and grenadier are dead units !!!! so trying to make them usable doesnt change game meta that much .

I mean just a slight change ,like giving halbs +10 resistance and for grenadiers : reduce slight the cost or make artila foundry 200w.

Balance the game is important make all units worth , boost or nerf according.
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by adderbrain5 »

adv wrote:Port :
Kynesie will have less defence but will have a faster vill boom, isn''t he ?
The fact that Mamelukes won''t be available at Forteress won''t change much for him, I guess, since he FI anyway.
From all this, I predict a stronger Port play from Kynesie. Vill boom >' weaker walls to me.
Mams will still be available just won''t be a will to train them as asian civ. mercy shipment still ok no?
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by edeholland »

lusas wrote:Whats the problem by creating new strats ? halbs and grenadier are dead units !!!! so trying to make them usable doesnt change game meta that much .

I mean just a slight change ,like giving halbs +10 resistance and for grenadiers : reduce slight the cost or make artila foundry 200w.

These 2 things contradict if you ask me.
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by adderbrain5 »

anonymous wrote:Lowering Janissary HP would be a good idea. Jans are one of the reasons why Ottoman are overpowered. If Janissary cost was lowered to say 80 food, 25 coin, and hp was lowered to say 180 instead of 235, it would help greatly in making Otto a civ that can be played normally. Also, I would lower bank cost for Dutch, so as to make their eco stronger earlier in the game. Bank cost reduction, or vil cost reduction would go a long way.
If you''re going to do that you have to reduce their training time as well
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by Goodspeed »

hazza54321 wrote:Random question: have you considered yumi having a 0.5x multiplier vs cav rather than 0.8
No, we arent changing Japan yet, if ever. And if nerfs to Japan turn out to be necessary I doubt well be targeting their units.
lusas wrote:Whats the problem by creating new strats ? halbs and grenadier are dead units !!!! so trying to make them usable doesnt change game meta that much.

The problem is that we like the meta the way it is and we dont want to change it too much. Bigger design changes are things we might look at in the future if the community is behind it, but for now we just want to make sure every civ is playable.
No Flag 88baronrojo88
Crossbow

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by 88baronrojo88 »

My question is: it is possible to make a balance of civilizations for standard 1v1 games, standard team games, treatry 1v1 and treatry team games? I see that very difficult 'for example if the Portuguese villagers reduce their cost becomes a kinda op in treaty
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by Goodspeed »

88baronrojo88 wrote:My question is: it is possible to make a balance of civilizations for standard 1v1 games, standard team games, treatry 1v1 and treatry team games?
No, it''s not possible. Our primary concern is 1v1 sup but if we can put in changes that would help teamgames and/or treaty without affecting sup we are open to it.

But as for your point about Port vills, that''s not OP at all in treaty. It might speed up your boom a little but realistically it''s not going to make more than 3k res difference at 40 min.
France iNcog
Ninja

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by iNcog »

It should be less than 1k, even if Port vills cost only 90f?

You shouldn't have idle TC time during a treaty boom either way afaik, so
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.