All or only one of them?
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by zoom »

subzero wrote:My expectations for Russia-

1) Give strelet +1 range each age up like gurk
2) Advanced arsenal improvements already available.
3) Buff musk''s cav multiplier
4) Make 4 cossack to 5 cossack.
5) Make 6 cossacks to 7 cossacks. Make 5 cav archer to 6 cav archer.
6) Free veteran upgrade for musk. Veteran up for strelet and cossack cost 200 wood and 100 coin, instead of 200 each.
7) Give them 40% boost instead of 30% for upgrading to guard musketeer.
8) Nerf opri.
Yeah... or simply Settler Batch cost decreased from 270f to 240f and Boyars effect decreased from 15% to 10%.
India _DB_
Howdah

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by _DB_ »

zoom wrote:
subzero wrote:My expectations for Russia-

1) Give strelet +1 range each age up like gurk
2) Advanced arsenal improvements already available.
3) Buff musks cav multiplier
4) Make 4 cossack to 5 cossack.
5) Make 6 cossacks to 7 cossacks. Make 5 cav archer to 6 cav archer.
6) Free veteran upgrade for musk. Veteran up for strelet and cossack cost 200 wood and 100 coin, instead of 200 each.
7) Give them 40% boost instead of 30% for upgrading to guard musketeer.
8) Nerf opri.
Yeah... or simply Settler Batch cost decreased from 270f to 240f and Boyars effect decreased from 15% to 10%.
Lol no. 240 food is just too OP. Boyars is okay, Russia honestly need that 15%.
Doing what you like is Freedom...
Liking what you do is Happiness...
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by Garja »

Or simply nothing because russia is fine.
Image Image Image
India _DB_
Howdah

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by _DB_ »

samwise12 wrote:Well you are going to be very disappointed, since the purpose of this patch was to balance Otto and Iro + make ESOC maps/ mapsets playable in ranked. Other balance changes will be worked on for later builds of the FP.
Okay. That makes sense.

I always wanted to have original gameplay in esoc maps and other good maps on rated.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by edeholland »

subzero wrote:
zoom wrote:Yeah... or simply Settler Batch cost decreased from 270f to 240f and Boyars effect decreased from 15% to 10%.
Lol no. 240 food is just too OP.
Tested it?
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by Mimsy for President »

garja wrote:Or simply nothing because russia is fine.
Yeabsolutely.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by zoom »

hazza54321 wrote:
zoom wrote:Firstly, Im glad youve realized their bonus is faster shipments and not better shipments (after I told you the latter). Secondly, no flame please!
:flowers:
told me the latter? what is the point of a civ bonus of faster shipments, when those shipments suck
Indeed' told you that their civilization bonus is not better shipments.

The point is more shipments. Besides, those shipments dont suck.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by zoom »

hazza54321 wrote:
r4go wrote:can i ask why nothing was done for russia??just for information xD. Its the worst tad civ in supremacy. If the goal is to make TAD more bilanced, i think russia need something to make it better
one reason i will not be playing the fp
You are free to do as you wish (however foolish that may be), but please stop being so narrow-minded and short-sighted. As Ive already explained to you on at least three separate occasions, here is the situation of Russians in the context of EP 1.0:

1. EP 1.0 ?? as far as inter-civilization balance goes ?? aims its focal point on making the Iroquois, Ottomans and Sioux civilizations more playable in competitive terms.

2. While the EP team as a whole acknowledges that Russians may need at least a slight buff, it does not consider the civilization as weak as Dutch or Portuguese. Particularly not with Wall hitpoints halved.

3. Additional inter-civilization balance issues are exceedingly likely to be addressed in future releases of the patch.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by zoom »

subzero wrote:
zoom wrote:Yeah... or simply Settler Batch cost decreased from 270f to 240f and Boyars effect decreased from 15% to 10%.
Lol no. 240 food is just too OP. Boyars is okay, Russia honestly need that 15%.
It is 90f in the Discovery Age. Increasing starting crates by 100f would be another alternative, although not a better one in my opinion. Whats more, its strikingly ironic how you immediately determine that my suggestion of a minimal buff would be too great, while yourself suggesting all kinds of things that are far more powerful.

Boyars is overpowered. 10% is still overpowered but at least acceptable. Boyars makes cavalry combat seem like shit.
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by yemshi »

zoom wrote:
subzero wrote:Lol no. 240 food is just too OP. Boyars is okay, Russia honestly need that 15%.
It is 90f in the Discovery Age. Increasing starting crates by 100f would be another alternative, although not a better one in my opinion. Whats more, its strikingly ironic how you immediately determine that my suggestion of a minimal buff would be too great, while yourself suggesting all kinds of things that are far more powerful.

Boyars is overpowered. 10% is still overpowered but at least acceptable. Boyars makes cavalry combat seem like shit.
You want russia to start with 1300+food?
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by zoom »

jerom wrote:You know, in hindsight, I think it might have been better to just release the unfinished product and get the hype with it. I was planning to like, take the weekend of release off and play the fp all day long but the waiting really killed the hype for me.
If you knew anything about the process you''d agree it would certainly not have been better to do that. It would have been a disaster.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by zoom »

yemshi wrote:
zoom wrote:It is 90f in the Discovery Age. Increasing starting crates by 100f would be another alternative, although not a better one in my opinion. Whats more, its strikingly ironic how you immediately determine that my suggestion of a minimal buff would be too great, while yourself suggesting all kinds of things that are far more powerful.

You want russia to start with 1300+food?
No, I potentially want Russians to have 225 or 240f Settler Batches and a 10% Boyars shipment. Are you blind??
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by Mitoe »

The main reason Russia wasn't changed, in my mind, is because they're controversial. Many people think they're average, while still many others think they are overpowered or underpowered.

The focus of the balance changes in this patch was to fix stuff that is??for the most part??universally agreed to be too strong or too weak, and with minimal changes.
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by yemshi »

Well if you increase a 100f crate by 100f you have 200f, don't you?
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by momuuu »

calmyourtits wrote:
jerom wrote:You know, in hindsight, I think it might have been better to just release the unfinished product and get the hype with it. I was planning to like, take the weekend of release off and play the fp all day long but the waiting really killed the hype for me.
Significant changes have been made in the launcher which means auto-update likely wouldve broken the patch for many users. We didnt not release it because we didnt feel like it, but because it actually wasnt finished...

This time though I think we can be fairly sure well release it this weekend.

just finish it and then release it the week after it. No maybes, just certainties.

At this rate I was actually starting to think the original date might still be the release date lol.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by Hazza54321 »

mitoe wrote:The main reason Russia wasn''t changed, in my mind, is because they''re controversial. Many people think they''re average, while still many others think they are overpowered or underpowered.

The focus of the balance changes in this patch was to fix stuff that is??for the most part??universally agreed to be too strong or too weak, and with minimal changes.
the only people think that russia is op are those who are iro master sergeants who cant deal with 5 coss 5 musk lol
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by Hazza54321 »

zoom wrote:
hazza54321 wrote: one reason i will not be playing the fp
You are free to do as you wish (however foolish that may be), but please stop being so narrow-minded and short-sighted. As Ive already explained to you on at least three separate occasions, here is the situation of Russians in the context of EP 1.0:

1. EP 1.0 ?? as far as inter-civilization balance goes ?? aims its focal point on making the Iroquois, Ottomans and Sioux civilizations more playable in competitive terms.

2. While the EP team as a whole acknowledges that Russians may need at least a slight buff, it does not consider the civilization as weak as Dutch or Portuguese. Particularly not with Wall hitpoints halved.

3. Additional inter-civilization balance issues are exceedingly likely to be addressed in future releases of the patch.
im just saying wahts the point of playing the fp if my favourite civ is the shittest one
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by momuuu »

You have to draw the line somewhere. I find it weird that some top players are pretty adamant about how bad russia is, but seem to be getting ignored. You could also buff them a little tiny bit. Say, give strelets +1 range with the veteran and guard upgrades.
France iNcog
Ninja

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by iNcog »

hazza54321 wrote:
zoom wrote:You are free to do as you wish (however foolish that may be), but please stop being so narrow-minded and short-sighted. As Ive already explained to you on at least three separate occasions, here is the situation of Russians in the context of EP 1.0:

im just saying wahts the point of playing the fp if my favourite civ is the shittest one

I dont think Russia is as bad as you describe it.

I nonetheless like the idea of giving Strelets more range, though one has to be careful not to over-buff. Strelets which are trading versus infantry are very cost-efficient' their range makes it so that both the Russian and non-Russian player need to be careful in their engagements. Strelets have had 14 range since the beginning of the game (unless Im mistaken?).

Also, as far as I know, Russia is a pretty food-heavy civ, which makes it better on the new maps.

I say, give the patch a chance before deciding about how good civ balance is.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by gibson »

Russia is definitly bad and if port Spain Dutch all get buffed they will be the worst civ no doubt. No one who knows anything about this game thinks they're overpowered and saying their average even on Re patch is quite a stretch tbh
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by edeholland »

jerom wrote:You have to draw the line somewhere. I find it weird that some top players are pretty adamant about how bad russia is, but seem to be getting ignored. You could also buff them a little tiny bit. Say, give strelets +1 range with the veteran and guard upgrades.
Why not draw the line the other way around and give them -1 range because there are also top players saying they are really good?
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by gibson »

edeholland wrote:
jerom wrote:You have to draw the line somewhere. I find it weird that some top players are pretty adamant about how bad russia is, but seem to be getting ignored. You could also buff them a little tiny bit. Say, give strelets +1 range with the veteran and guard upgrades.
Why not draw the line the other way around and give them -1 range because there are also top players saying they are really good?

because you wouldnt want to nerf what is one of the only decent things about what will be the worst civ on EP?
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by Goodspeed »

zoom wrote:

This.
India _DB_
Howdah

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by _DB_ »

zoom wrote:

Okay. All people will make no post if its serious about balances.

Nothing is going to be changed other than Iro Otto and Sioux! :)