ESOC Patch is coming

Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by gibson »

garja wrote:you can play rated and team on esoc maps, and the fact that people don''t play those civs is exactly becuase of balance

Yea i mean I''m not saying that it''s not a good thing, but people are making a huge deal about it and getting mad when it isn''t released on time when they can already do everything the fan patch is gonna do just without pixel points and a few less civs.....
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by Garja »

well ye I don't think the delay of a week or 2 is that big of a problem, but on the other can't blame them either as playing on RE patch kinda sucks
Image Image Image
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by Marco1698 »

I have to admit that they are taking so much time for the releasing of the patch, therefore I hope it will be nice
Germany japanesegeneral
Lancer
ESO: JapaneseGeneral

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by japanesegeneral »

Why not publishing patch notes atleast? It would be good for hype issues.
6 petards a day keep the doctor away.
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by Mimsy for President »

Some say Half Life 3 and AOE4 will be released earlier than FP.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by momuuu »

zoom wrote:Again, I would like to emphasize that the ETA:s were given because they seemed realistic at the time, to those who gave them. In hindsight they are mistakes. As conditions change mistakes are liable to be made. Please remain patient and rest assured the patch will be released as soon as possible.
What I was saying is that maybe it is better to not set an ETA that is slightly ambitious. Set an ETA weeks after the product is finished. Thats what all companies have been doing aswell. That gives you a great opportunity to hype it up and make sure the release is as smooth as it can be.

gibson wrote:I dont see why people care so much about this..... It wont really change the game much at all.... Balanced maps will be great but you can just play unrated on esoc now..... Iro and otto nerf and Dutch and port buff will be nice but in 1x1 no one really plays those civs outside of quicksearch and in team games all civs are playable.....
I agree on the map point. Being able to play rated on esoc maps is a point thats being made out to be a great deal, but I couldnt care less. But regarding the civs, I think you kinda showed that you were wrong in your own post. "no one really plays those civs outside of quicksearch" which is exactly what the patch should fix :p
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by gibson »

@jerom I still don't see why it's a big deal..... Port and Dutch aren't really even that bad if you aren't playing on a top level and if the other player picks otto you just pick Iro or vice versa....
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by Kaiserklein »

But being able to play rated on those maps IS important... A rating system is what makes people improve. Why do you think barely anybody can play properly on gameranger ?
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

50% of the pr35+ games are unrated I think :P
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by britishmusketeer »

gibson wrote:@jerom I still don''t see why it''s a big deal..... Port and Dutch aren''t really even that bad if you aren''t playing on a top level and if the other player picks otto you just pick Iro or vice versa....

if you are in qs and you are playing vs iro on a map without hunts, then the fp is a big deal.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by gibson »

britishmusketeer wrote:
gibson wrote:@jerom I still dont see why its a big deal..... Port and Dutch arent really even that bad if you arent playing on a top level and if the other player picks otto you just pick Iro or vice versa....
if you are in qs and you are playing vs iro on a map without hunts, then the fp is a big deal.

in qs you can get an imbalanced match up even with balanced civs. I got two straight games vs Spain as Russia the other day which is unwinnable for Russia unless the Spain player messes up.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by Kaiserklein »

diarouga wrote:50% of the pr35+ games are unrated I think :P
Yeah but that''s because at this rank there aren''t many players so they know each other and can play together. And anyway, when you have this pr there is not much point to try to level up since it won''t mean much. At let''s say pr 25 level if you play unrated games all the day with random lieuts/capts I''m not sure you will improve a lot
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Howdah

ESOC Patch is coming

gibson wrote:
britishmusketeer wrote:if you are in qs and you are playing vs iro on a map without hunts, then the fp is a big deal.
in qs you can get an imbalanced match up even with balanced civs. I got two straight games vs Spain as Russia the other day which is unwinnable for Russia unless the Spain player messes up.

Ofc you can still have imbalanced MUs, but you can win them if you are say 3+pr higher than your opponent. That is different to impossible situations where one player automatically wins regardless of the skill.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by gibson »

britishmusketeer wrote:
gibson wrote:in qs you can get an imbalanced match up even with balanced civs. I got two straight games vs Spain as Russia the other day which is unwinnable for Russia unless the Spain player messes up.
Ofc you can still have imbalanced MUs, but you can win them if you are say 3+pr higher than your opponent. That is different to impossible situations where one player automatically wins regardless of the skill.
There is no situation where one player wins regardless of skill.....I beat someone 4 pr lower than myself me russia him iro the other day lol. At any level outside top tier level a 3 pr difference is enough that basically any mu can be fair if the worse player has the better civ.
Germany fard
Dragoon
ESO: Fard

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by fard »

shaolinstar wrote:Some say Half Life 3 and AOE4 will be released earlier than FP.

Hahahahah lol
Good one
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by Garja »

well aoe4 will be released in couple years so I'm pretty sure the EP will be released first :)
Image Image Image
Howdah

ESOC Patch is coming

gibson wrote:
britishmusketeer wrote:Ofc you can still have imbalanced MUs, but you can win them if you are say 3+pr higher than your opponent. That is different to impossible situations where one player automatically wins regardless of the skill.
There is no situation where one player wins regardless of skill.....I beat someone 4 pr lower than myself me russia him iro the other day lol. At any level outside top tier level a 3 pr difference is enough that basically any mu can be fair if the worse player has the better civ.

obviously you can win any MU with a skill advantage, but if you have no hunts on your side of the map and are playing vs a civ like iro, there is no way you can win regardless of skill
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by forgrin »

britishmusketeer wrote:
gibson wrote:There is no situation where one player wins regardless of skill.....I beat someone 4 pr lower than myself me russia him iro the other day lol. At any level outside top tier level a 3 pr difference is enough that basically any mu can be fair if the worse player has the better civ.?
obviously you can win any MU with a skill advantage, but if you have no hunts on your side of the map and are playing vs a civ like iro, there is no way you can win regardless of skill

I beat a iro noob with Otto yesterday in exactly that situation. Given, if I was pretty much any other civ I would have been screwed, but still... And he sent the warchief siege atk card first.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
No Flag aoefan4life
Lancer

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by aoefan4life »

garja wrote:well aoe4 will be released in couple years so I''m pretty sure the EP will be released first :)
AOE4 is on the table? You have any credible sources for this? That would be awesome!
No Flag tvtotal
Crossbow

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by tvtotal »

omg teamgames on garja maps <3

manchuria <3
Canada DivineFire
Lancer

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by DivineFire »

japanesegeneral wrote:Why not publishing patch notes atleast? It would be good for hype issues.
It would also give people lots of shit to flame and complain about without actually playing the FP. GoodSpeed specifically said in our original announcement to expect patch notes upon release and not before.
Taunt 3
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by Garja »

tvtotal wrote:omg teamgames on garja maps <'3

manchuria <'3

there is only problem with that...at launch only some maps will be team ready, sorry xD
working on converting the others too,
Image Image Image
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

garja wrote:
tvtotal wrote:omg teamgames on garja maps <3

manchuria <3
there is only problem with that...at launch only some maps will be team ready, sorry xD
working on converting the others too,

Which maps besides Arkansas are ready as of now? Thanks '-)
India _DB_
Howdah

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by _DB_ »

Can we atleast have pics of Garja maps for teams?
Doing what you like is Freedom...
Liking what you do is Happiness...
No Flag Wuangaga
Lancer

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by Wuangaga »

forgrin wrote:
britishmusketeer wrote:obviously you can win any MU with a skill advantage, but if you have no hunts on your side of the map and are playing vs a civ like iro, there is no way you can win regardless of skill
I beat a iro noob with Otto yesterday in exactly that situation. Given, if I was pretty much any other civ I would have been screwed, but still... And he sent the warchief siege atk card first.
Did he have a gold medal?