ESOC Patch is coming

Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by momuuu »

zoom wrote:
jerom wrote:Why not? I cant think of many arguments to not do it tbh.
One argument is that it is disallowed in tournaments. Its a pragmatic one, sure, but reasonable given the circumstances nevertheless.
No it is not. Its disallowed in tournaments because it gives an advantage to players, meaning that the players who didnt install it get a disadvantage. If you include it in the fp, everyone will have it meaning that the reason that it was disallowed in previous tournaments isnt there anymore. Its probably just garja being salty about it or sth.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by gibson »

zoom wrote:
jerom wrote:Why not? I cant think of many arguments to not do it tbh.
One argument is that it is disallowed in tournaments. Its a pragmatic one, sure, but reasonable given the circumstances nevertheless.

Thats not a reasonable argument lol. The reason why it wasnt allowed in the tourney was bc it gave an advantage to players who had it. Add it to the FP and that is no longer a valid reason.

Edit: well looks like Jerom beat me to it
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by zoom »

No, kids. That is not by any means the sole reason (although it may be the only objectively viable one). It would still be disallowed in tournaments. Thus haseth the Mancl decreedeth!
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by Garja »

The reason why it wasn't allowed is primarly because it is not good for the game. Then yes, it would also favor players who had it over players who didn't.
Image Image Image
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

K and what is good for the game? Teach us!
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by gibson »

garja wrote:The reason why it wasn''t allowed is primarly because it is not good for the game. Then yes, it would also favor players who had it over players who didn''t.

lol what about a function that is basically already built into the game but Microsoft was basically just to lazy to turn on would be bad for the game? Half the players use it anyway? It wouldn''t favor players who had it because if you added it to the FP everyone who played the FP would have it lol
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by Hazza54321 »

zoom wrote:
hazza54321 wrote: true, but they definitely need better shipments considering its their civ bonus
Good shipments is not the Spanish civilization bonus.
their bonus is faster shipments you idiot, if they have shite shipments then whats the point
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by Garja »

gibson wrote:
garja wrote:The reason why it wasnt allowed is primarly because it is not good for the game. Then yes, it would also favor players who had it over players who didnt.
lol what about a function that is basically already built into the game but Microsoft was basically just to lazy to turn on would be bad for the game? Half the players use it anyway? It wouldnt favor players who had it because if you added it to the FP everyone who played the FP would have it lol
What about a function that doesnt fit this game and was never intended to be in the game despite the fact that devs provided it (for the scenario editor purpose realistically)?
Building rotation is simply not a mechanic of this game. Actually the only AOE game that ever had it was AOEo and there it was pretty much useless anyway because most of buildings had a square base, unlike aoe3 where buildings are often rectangles. Also that game used a tile system like AOE2 with unpenetrable forests and such, AOE3 is different just deal with it.
It is not used by half of the players btw, despite being quite a trend recently. You guys tend to only capture whats new ignoring all the rest.
Image Image Image
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by gibson »

garja wrote:
gibson wrote:lol what about a function that is basically already built into the game but Microsoft was basically just to lazy to turn on would be bad for the game? Half the players use it anyway? It wouldnt favor players who had it because if you added it to the FP everyone who played the FP would have it lol
What about a function that doesnt fit this game and was never intended to be in the game despite the fact that devs provided it (for the scenario editor purpose realistically)?
Building rotation is simply not a mechanic of this game. The only aoe3 game that ever had it was AOEo and there it was pretty much useless anyway because most of buildings had a square base, unlike aoe3 where buildings are often rectangles. Also that game uses a tile system like aoe3 with unpenetrable forests and such, AOE3 is different just deal with it.
It is not used by half of the players btw, despite being quite a trend recently. You guys tend to only capture whats new ignoring all the rest.

Now youre just making things up. Its your opinion that it doesnt fit in the game and youre just saying it was never intended to be in game with absolutely no evidence. For all you know they could have had plans to patch it in later. Guess what other things havent been in the previous age of Empires games? Homecities, vils gathering resources without having to walk back to their base to drop them off, enemies walking through open gates, and Im sure an enormous amount of other things that are known to people who have played previous age of Empires games. So go ahead and take out home cities in the FP if your goal is for aoe3 to be like previous age of Empires games. And Yea im sure half of players dont use it, but I wouldnt be surprised if half of players pr26+ use it, which is going to be the primary people playing on FP.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by Garja »

Err no, none of the features you mentioned it's on the same level of the rotator thing. But that's not even the point. The point is that game mechanics are given and shouldn't be changed, let alone by a patch. From game to game it's another story.
In fact, in AOEo they changed things and added the building rotator (again with very little impact on the gameplay) and also brought back the warehouse mechanic, etc.

The closer you get to the top the less players use it. At pr35+ level there alike 3-4 guys at most that use it.
Image Image Image
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by gibson »

Well i can buy that you guys don't want to change game mechanics I guess.
No Flag drumal
Skirmisher

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by drumal »

hazza54321 wrote:
zoom wrote:Good shipments is not the Spanish civilization bonus.
their bonus is faster shipments you idiot, if they have shite shipments then whats the point
exactly
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by momuuu »

It seems my instinct was right about it. Garja is salty about it for no reason and thinks hes right because he thinks hes god or something.

Must be a great guy to work with.

The only thing it does is fix rotational imbalances. That way the player spawning in the position where the stable could be placed more efficiently wont have that advantage anymore.
United States of America Durokan
Retired Contributor
ESO: Durokan

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by Durokan »

diarouga wrote:The fp is never goona be realeased, GS wasn''t serious.
is there anything you guys need help with?
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
No Flag aoefan4life
Lancer

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by aoefan4life »

durokan wrote:
diarouga wrote:The fp is never goona be realeased, GS wasnt serious.
is there anything you guys need help with?
I honestly think they want to release a bug free high quality product. Thats what I think and Id rather have that then have issues with the game itself. If they do need help though they should feel free to ask but they are also be very secretive about it which makes me doubt theyll want any help.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by Garja »

jerom wrote:It seems my instinct was right about it. Garja is salty about it for no reason and thinks hes right because he thinks hes god or something.

Must be a great guy to work with.

The only thing it does is fix rotational imbalances. That way the player spawning in the position where the stable could be placed more efficiently wont have that advantage anymore.
err what?

rotational aspect you mean, not rotational imbalances lol
you must make a square shaped base with buildings not circular one, that''s how the game is intended to be. Don''t try convincing yourself you need the rotator because it is just an unecessary facilitation that also worsen the gameplay
Image Image Image
No Flag blitzkrieg
Crossbow

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by blitzkrieg »

Can someone please elaborate on what is going on when the hell is this fan patch coming out
United States of America Durokan
Retired Contributor
ESO: Durokan

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by Durokan »

blitzkrieg wrote:Can someone please elaborate on what is going on when the hell is this fan patch coming out
Mid November is the most recent time i have heard. unofficial release date from me...
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by Garja »

nah we're getting closer
Image Image Image
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

ESOC Patch is coming

garja wrote:Err no, none of the features you mentioned it''s on the same level of the rotator thing. But that''s not even the point. The point is that game mechanics are given and shouldn''t be changed, let alone by a patch. From game to game it''s another story.
In fact, in AOEo they changed things and added the building rotator (again with very little impact on the gameplay) and also brought back the warehouse mechanic, etc.

The closer you get to the top the less players use it. At pr35+ level there alike 3-4 guys at most that use it.
3-4 guys at most?
Hungary Dsy
Lancer

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by Dsy »

I think rotation is unnecessary too. I just like when i see all my buildings in same degree, cause i feel its a competitve game and they focusing gameplay over these kinda "it looks cool" changes. I mean if you find one then u will find more of theese unecessary changes, and if u put a lot of changes to a game, it can just ruin the gameplay technically. More loading, more option to crashes, more lagging. I just want to avoid these things at all in competitve gaming.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

ESOC Patch is coming

Eh? We don't use rotator because it "looks nice" but because it allows you to wall with your buildings and it doesn't make the game lag.
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by forgrin »

Who really cares about the rotator mod that much? If you add it in, the only change will be Kynesie spending 20 less wood every game he plays. I really doubt it'll make a difference whether in or out in most games, especially with walling being nerfed.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

ESOC Patch is coming

If it doesn't, why don't we add it? And with walling being nerfed it makes a huge difference since your buildings have more HP.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by Hazza54321 »

diarouga wrote:If it doesn''t, why don''t we add it? And with walling being nerfed it makes a huge difference since your buildings have more HP.

lol wall hp isnt the issue, yoiure not gonna seige a wall with 10 yumis behind , its the fact that it costs 5w and builds fast