France iNcog
Ninja

Re: ESOC Patch Minor Update 1.1.1.0

Post by iNcog »

i simply don't really care enough to change. i suppose it is careless
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

iNcog wrote:mostly because my post is right under theirs, I suppose.

Most people don't check every post of every thread just to check if somebody addressed them a question... If he won't check the forums within the next few hours he will forget he even talked to you probably and never post back here

I'm sorry I don't mean to criticize you personally, I just find it really annoying when people do that, as if it's that hard to do just one more click for quoting, espcially when there's a lot at stake such as potentially more contact about the patch with the japanese community
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

i tend to read posts in chronological order, so quote or non-quote is the same for me

i don't mind your criticism at all, don't worry.

as for the JP community, i've said it before. if they want to adopt the patch, they will. if they don't, they won't. i made a huge ass post somewhere about JP "vs" esoc patch, but i can't be arsed to find it anymore. i don't see them adopting the patch in the near future; however if we continue to improve the patch with balance, maps and features, i can see them using the patch within a year or something.

the language barrier and time zones do more to separate us from JP than the patch does. something which i could imagine would help would be offering to download the esoc patch in the actual japanese language. however finding people to translate and work with us is going to be too difficult, as far as i know.
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

btw, skip intro used to work for me and now does not ):
No Flag farran34
Dragoon
Donator 01

Post by farran34 »

thebritish wrote:
Hazza54321 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Do they? Most high level players are desperate for a game on the ep, ofc if youre sergeant ms or 2nd lt tgey wouldnt play as it would be boring for them

if they think i am so bad and that it wont be fun, they can give me handicap, right?
-So, why i just become too good that i wont need handicap?

This just doesn't work because most it is still not fun. It is not a good feeling to be losing to someone who is 15 pr below you just because they can gather 30% faster. Also it completely changes timings and strategy, which many people like to practice in their games.

It would be like a master (or grandmaster) in chess playing someone who isnt very good, but just takes his rook off the board. Yea the game may actually be more balanced now, but it isn't that fun or worthwhile often for the higher level player.

Either way, if you are in an account around pr 25 it is often very easy to find games on EP during hot times.
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

Good questions.

How colony was involved nothing more beyond the comment in the news post.

For the community using the patch we have great penetration to PR 25. If you join my game on the patch (ryanmankle) I will play anyone.

Also be around discord. There's s group of guys always hosting team games for pr 20-30 on the patch.

Everyone is generally very nice and helpful on the patch
United States of America iCourt
Retired Contributor
ESO: iCourt

Post by iCourt »

iNcog wrote:They are mostly uninterested in the patch as of right now. DO you often play with them?

Oh I'm just a relic from the past with the former Mac players. Was curious is all. May come back and play some games here in a few weeks. I ported over most of the mods and fan patches for the Mac community back when that was a thing. I actually like the simplicity of the changes. FP 1.2 changed too many things.
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

iCourt! :O You're alive!

(I'm Alaron btw)
Retired Contributor

Post by iCourt »

Ha. That's funny. It's great to see how y'all have taken the GR community over with you. It's also nice to see how well you're all doing when we used to be just written off as noobs just because we played on Macs. I'll be watching the tournament streams and may drop in for a few games at some point. Say hi to Nick for me.
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06

Post by _H2O »

Mike is a noob still btw, you should hear about his ports in imperial story.
Canada Mitoe

Post by Mitoe »

Brutal :( I'm never gonna live that game down.
Retired Contributor

Post by iCourt »

Again it was nice just seeing some of the Mac players over here before GR abandoned us completely. I assume you are in this current tournament? My wife and I will definitely be rooting for you and Nick. Best of luck.
Canada Mitoe

Post by Mitoe »

Yeah I am :P We'll win; H2O and Samwise have nothing on us.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

QQ图片20160116144825.png

so my friend have problem auto-upgrading the patch. what's the probable reason?
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

iNcog wrote:i tend to read posts in chronological order, so quote or non-quote is the same for me

i don't mind your criticism at all, don't worry.

as for the JP community, i've said it before. if they want to adopt the patch, they will. if they don't, they won't. i made a huge ass post somewhere about JP "vs" esoc patch, but i can't be arsed to find it anymore. i don't see them adopting the patch in the near future; however if we continue to improve the patch with balance, maps and features, i can see them using the patch within a year or something.

the language barrier and time zones do more to separate us from JP than the patch does. something which i could imagine would help would be offering to download the esoc patch in the actual japanese language. however finding people to translate and work with us is going to be too difficult, as far as i know.

Boneng has similar thoughts it seems:

Q) You are one of the few players from Japan on ESOC, why do you think that is? Is language a big problem? Do you think there is a way to bring the Western scene (Europe, USA and South America etc) and the Eastern scene (China, Japan, Korea etc) closer to each other?
A) The language barrier is the biggest problem, but also the time zone difference can be quite hard on Japanese people, as most times when Japanese players can play is a bad time for Europe/America, so scheduling in this kind of long tournament is rough.
For your second question, I don't necessarily think the two communities have to come together. They are very different, and they are both good in its own way, and trying to bring them together will have a negative effect on both communities. Besides there is no real wall between the two community in terms of gaming anyway, we can play each other on quick search any time.

viewtopic.php?f=111&t=4021&p=97873#p97873
Retired Contributor

Post by iCourt »

Focusing on bug and graphic updates, as well as more anti cheat features will encourage lower level players to adopt the patch. All you really need is an embassador to really help the lower level players update. In most cases they are younger players that don't really focus on or notice balance issues.

Another way to push the patch is to work on getting it supported on 3rd party clients such as Voobly and Gameranger. Both developers for both platforms have open ears to anti cheat methods, as they aren't restricted by a corporate ladder like Microsoft is.
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06

Post by _H2O »

Good comments, the more embassadors we can get the better!

We also work on game ranger right now.
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

It's cool to see the communities interact when players cross over because the game meta developed so differently for each community. It's like the gaming equivalent of genetic drift.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

What we really need is OSX (Mac) compatibility!
Retired Contributor

Post by iCourt »

Papist wrote:It's cool to see the communities interact when players cross over because the game meta developed so differently for each community. It's like the gaming equivalent of genetic drift.
We actually developed different styles of gameplay due to the fact we played on FP 1.2 for years after the ESO community dropped the patch. Still amusing that we were regarded as completely below average for years and disregarded from the ESO community and here Mike is running part of the show! It's actually better the community has merged, though most the Mac players were left behind after GR was dropped from Mac support.
zoom wrote:What we really need is OSX (Mac) compatibility!
Impossible I'm afraid. This I've attempted. Turns out when Macsoft ported the games they had to make the game work for Macs that didn't have Intel processors. Basically the Mac platform runs virtually a different graphics engine than the Windows copy of the game. So while we could have all the same balance patches, and the look of the game is exactly the same etc... The game behaves differently behind the scenes.

The Mac version is also missing all of the code to connect to ESO and instead loads directly to the discontinued Mac Gameranger platform.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Well I mean EP OSX compatibility; the game Wineskin can handle, to my understanding.
Retired Contributor

Post by iCourt »

This is correct. The patch launcher should be able to be run through wineskin or crossover. Otherwise a Mac launcher could be made possible. Mitoe would be the person to ask here.
United States of America rickytickitembo
Dragoon
ESO: RickyTickiTembo

Post by rickytickitembo »

is this iCourt? from the slanted f clan on mac?

Edit: Err just read your other posts. May not remember me but played about 6 years ago with you (Peyton18Gerrard8)... It's so hard to leave forever. Isn't it?!
My favorite donut is chocolate Aiz.
Retired Contributor

Post by iCourt »

That's correct. My brother actually just started playing online and started asking me questions... Caught my interest and wanted to see where the community was at. RTS-Sanctuary seemed to have died off due to inactivity so I was a bit worried. This seems to be a better more focused community however. Glad to see it flourishing. Glad people remember me too haha!

I want to say we played together on vanilla mostly, some NR games in particular? Could be remembering wrong. It's been almost 3 years since I've played the game.
United States of America rickytickitembo
Dragoon
ESO: RickyTickiTembo

Post by rickytickitembo »

Cool. Yea, I just started up again last year and don't have quite the time I used to but this game always seems to reel me back in! I played nilla most of the time on supremacy team games with Mantes quite a bit for PHX. There was one tourney game on Siberia where you beat me since at the time all I made were curr's at French ( I was always the cav guy in team games so naturally I thought they were OP).
My favorite donut is chocolate Aiz.