ESOC Staff Changes

Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Re: ESOC Staff Changes

Post by momuuu »

DivineFire wrote:
Papist wrote:While I may not agree with DF's modding style 100% of the time, I think people here are being a bit too hard on him. He hasn't done anything egregious enough to disqualify him from being an admin, and he's willing to do the job, so why shouldn't he do it? And to the haters in this thread: I don't see you stepping up, so please stop attacking the guy who did.

I agree that I did make mistakes, the decisions being made were extremely tough and occasionally I made the wrong ones. I'm pretty sure the reason people are so critical/upset with me is that I was the one that ended up making the decisions when no one else would, or I was the one who acted upon a decision made by the staff instead of someone else doing it.

Next time we should maybe tactically split the blame a bit haha.
No Flag arriah
Dragoon

Post by arriah »

Kaiserklein wrote:Idk but we shouldn't joke about this. I'll open a thread

I think you're lost, sweetie. The preschool is that way.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

lordraphael wrote:lol thats exactly what he said. Reading this topic on my daily journey through esoc really makes me wonder whats wrong with both you and diarouga. I dont see any problem with DF becomign an admin, one doesnt have to be a good player to be an admin or for getting any relevant position at ESOC. Thats a big misperception by diarougas. I agree that it comes in handy if the admin happens to be a very good player but its def not a necessity and diarougas behaviour is just unnecessary and stupid. This site has become a really toxic place. Kinda sad.

yup, i agree, its one of the reasons why i dont find it that hard to leave the game.

i never mind a bit of debating, and i never mind a bit of flaming either when it comes in the heat of the moment, but alot of people seem to be carrying grudges here, and thats something i never really understood.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

It's not really people holding grudges, it has more to do with frustration in the way some things are handled, as well as some other shit which can strike a nerve. Then it snowballs from there into drama and it's a lose-lose situation for all parties involved.

Either way I'm not interested in this discussion, I'm done with this thread and I'm going to do something fun and / or constructive for myself.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ā†‘
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

Papist wrote:While I may not agree with DF's modding style 100% of the time, I think people here are being a bit too hard on him. He hasn't done anything egregious enough to disqualify him from being an admin, and he's willing to do the job, so why shouldn't he do it? And to the haters in this thread: I don't see you stepping up, so please stop attacking the guy who did.

The ear has stepped up multiple times fella
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

arriah wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:Idk but we shouldn't joke about this. I'll open a thread

I think you're lost, sweetie. The preschool is that way.

You tolerate jokes about people sucking cocks ? What if I had been forced to suck some vicious priest's cock during my childhood ?
Such double standards
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

evilcheadar wrote:

The ear has stepped up multiple times fella

It's a bit unrealistic to expect him to get mod status after returning from a ban.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

To many cry babies with some misunderstood authority battle. Consuming our leaders - who want to do an effort. Some ppl should take a good look at themselves in the mirror. :cry: :!:
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

Jesus .. What the hell is up everyone's ass?! This is a fucking GAME you play for FUN. Why the hell do you spend your entire day coming on here arguing about who has the power to close a topic on a video game forum??
Shut the fuck up and try to enjoy life
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: ķŒ€ ķ•˜ģš°ģŠ¤

Post by n0el »

+ a zilly to that
mad cuz bad
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Yea really...... I also don't agree with the way a lot of things have been handled, but the way to fix things is not to dwell on the past but rather to focus on the present/future. Divinefire has not beena perfect mod, which he has admitted, but everyone makes mistakes and it's unfair to hold small past mistakes against him. I mean who else would be more qualified and willing to do this? Sommpu? Dr. Legend? Harry? Not me fore sure lol. So can we please not be part of the problem but rather strive to be part of the solution? Petty flaming accomplishes absolutely nothing besides stroking your epenis......
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

DivineFire has done a lot for this site and community and always puts a lot of effort into his work. This is one of the reasons he is helping out as an admin now.

I've said this before as well, but ESOC is supposed to be a fun place for any current/former AoE3 player to come discuss the game and many other topics. We've been changing up the way we've been moderating the forum because it's recently become an unwelcoming place not only for newcomers, but also for a lot of the long-time players in the community. Now, I personally don't think we've hit the mark on moderation yet, but we will get there eventually. This kind of change isn't something that happens overnight, especially when the people willing to work on this site simply can't always dedicate a consistent amount of time everyday to moderating, discussion, etc. So we'll continue to work on it over the next few weeks, and hopefully we can reach an agreeable place for everyone.

Now if I could kindly ask everyone to take their personal vendettas to somewhere other than ESOC (or better yet, drop them altogether), that would be great. :P
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

We need to start organizing ESOC Relation Therapy imo
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

IAmSoldieR wrote:Jesus .. What the hell is up everyone's ass?! This is a fucking GAME you play for FUN. Why the hell do you spend your entire day coming on here arguing about who has the power to close a topic on a video game forum??

Ban solider for flaming and losing to mongo plox!!! :mrgreen:
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

IAmSoldieR wrote:Jesus .. What the hell is up everyone's ass?! This is a fucking GAME you play for FUN. Why the hell do you spend your entire day coming on here arguing about who has the power to close a topic on a video game forum??

Try to follow your own advice :salt:
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Why dont we just applaud our new ppl, who want to do an effort - and work for us??
Welcome DivineFire - thx for wanting to spend your free time, working for the good of the community. I hope you have thick skin, and dont get to upset about the flaming here.

WELCOME :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

ps: I bet the great majority of ppl here, are supporting you. ;)
No Flag r4go
Howdah

Post by r4go »

call Neuron back
Pizza, spaghetti, maccheroni, mandolino e tua mamma :flowers:
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

edeholland wrote:

not worth my time to reply seriously to this, so ill pretend its just troll
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

IAmSoldieR wrote:
edeholland wrote:

not worth my time to reply seriously to this, so ill pretend its just troll

your advice is pretty much the same thing most people in this thread have been saying anyway, only it's just worded more expressively :P
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ā†‘
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

gibson wrote:
_NiceKING_ wrote:ok he does not respect DivineFire. Does anyone respect diarouga? :D
I'm pretty sure everyone on this forum respects diarouga as a very good player ......

I respect garja for being a good player
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

I respect the staff for contributing. So when you want to flame - pls ask yourself - -what did you contribute??????????????
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

iwillspankyou wrote:I respect the staff for contributing. So when you want to flame - pls ask yourself - -what did you contribute??????????????

Podcast
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
Switzerland bobabu
Howdah

Post by bobabu »

Yuki stole our dictator.
He forced him to leave.
She's the witch who casted a spell on him. We need to save mankle.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

#freethemankle
Great Britain Method_man714
Lancer
ESO: Therotivator

Post by Method_man714 »

Jerom wrote:
_NiceKING_ wrote:ok he does not respect DivineFire. Does anyone respect diarouga? :D

I used to. Used to be a nice forum member that helped out lots of us and didnt flame much at all if ever. I dont know why he's suddenly behaving like this.

Nazi mods pushed him over the line
hazzarov: can u fk off callen