ESOC Staff Changes

Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Re: ESOC Staff Changes

Post by princeofkabul »

I'm happy that someone is investing their own time into this thing....
Also im pretty sure DF can handle things just fine, give the guy a break. He just started as a global moderator and now as a site admin. Probably he have done some mistakes but you LEARN from those mistakes you do.
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
Canada DivineFire
Lancer

Post by DivineFire »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
DivineFire wrote:
Show hidden quotes

This just reaffirms the fact that you feel people are entitled to do whatever they want on this site if they're a good player, and it's just not true. It's also probably the overall reason why you ended up hating me for the actions I took because in your eyes I don't have the "authority" to moderate you in any way because you're a better player.

It's only one of the reason, the main reason is that you're a dicksucker.

Good reason LOL
Taunt 3
No Flag arriah
Dragoon

Post by arriah »

Why would you not respect someone just because their level in a game is low? How long have you been playing aoe? And could the lack of respect not easily turn into bias views on everything else he does?
Canada DivineFire
Lancer

Post by DivineFire »

arriah wrote:Why would you not respect someone just because their level in a game is low? How long have you been playing aoe? And could the lack of respect not easily turn into bias views on everything else he does?

No he hates me cause I'm a dick sucker.
Taunt 3
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: _NiceKING_
GameRanger ID: 9999999
Clan: Xbox

Post by _NiceKING_ »

ok he does not respect DivineFire. Does anyone respect diarouga? :D
No Flag arriah
Dragoon

Post by arriah »

DivineFire wrote:
arriah wrote:Why would you not respect someone just because their level in a game is low? How long have you been playing aoe? And could the lack of respect not easily turn into bias views on everything else he does?

Lol I know and wtf does that even mean :roll:
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

_NiceKING_ wrote:ok he does not respect DivineFire. Does anyone respect diarouga? :D

That's the other reason why I don't post anymore.
Canada DivineFire
Lancer

Post by DivineFire »

_NiceKING_ wrote:ok he does not respect DivineFire. Does anyone respect diarouga? :D

Well I have a lot of respect for diarouga, he makes a lot of contributions to the patch and actually play tests it as far as I know, and takes a lot of time out of his day to insightfully respond to a ton of posts on the forums and has never received a warning related to his posts, which is quite the accomplishment for someone with over 4k posts. Obviously him flaming me for doing my job doesn't help but I have respect for him doing those things.
Taunt 3
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Aw look at this friendly banter. Aren't we a cozy little community!
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

I'm on Divine Fire's side here, diarouga thinks he can get away with anything, it's ridiculous.
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

I'm pretty sure everyone on this forum respects diarouga as a very good player ......
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Except the treaty players. Naturally.
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by _NiceKING_ »

gibson wrote:
I'm pretty sure everyone on this forum respects diarouga as a very good player ......

don't be so sure
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:Except the treaty players. Naturally.

So dumb.
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by _NiceKING_ »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:Except the treaty players. Naturally.

lol
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

_NiceKING_ wrote:
gibson wrote:

don't be so sure
Well yea I meant to say everyone who isn't completely ignorant on the matter imo
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

I used to. Used to be a nice forum member that helped out lots of us and didnt flame much at all if ever. I dont know why he's suddenly behaving like this.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Can everyone please stop insulting and flame-baiting eachother? Let's try to move on, learn from what has happened and be more positive about things in the future. A disproportionate part of the blame for the new moderation policy and its enforcement is being placed on a single person.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Jerom wrote:

I used to. Used to be a nice forum member that helped out lots of us and didnt flame much at all if ever. I dont know why he's suddenly behaving like this.
Because he's good at the game now. Brings out the worst in people.
Great Britain Method_man714
Lancer
ESO: Therotivator

Post by Method_man714 »

Diarudega
hazzarov: can u fk off callen
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

iNcog wrote:
DivineFire wrote:
Show hidden quotes

This just reaffirms the fact that you feel people are entitled to do whatever they want on this site if they're a good player, and it's just not true. It's also probably the overall reason why you ended up hating me for the actions I took because in your eyes I don't have the "authority" to moderate you in any way because you're a better player.

That's not really what he said, please don't purposely misunderstand what he's saying.

lol thats exactly what he said. Reading this topic on my daily journey through esoc really makes me wonder whats wrong with both you and diarouga. I dont see any problem with DF becomign an admin, one doesnt have to be a good player to be an admin or for getting any relevant position at ESOC. Thats a big misperception by diarougas. I agree that it comes in handy if the admin happens to be a very good player but its def not a necessity and diarougas behaviour is just unnecessary and stupid. This site has become a really toxic place. Kinda sad.
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

While I may not agree with DF's modding style 100% of the time, I think people here are being a bit too hard on him. He hasn't done anything egregious enough to disqualify him from being an admin, and he's willing to do the job, so why shouldn't he do it? And to the haters in this thread: I don't see you stepping up, so please stop attacking the guy who did.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

Diarouga, I would just say its a lot easier to flame than to do something. I could write a flame post in about 10 seconds, not even caring to re-read it to see how it sounds. Then press submit.

The purpose of that civil moderation discussion was to force users to really think about the issues and provide solutions. In the same way that thread invites users to say "this was wrong, I would have done it this way, what do you think?" I invite you to come with some respect and answers. Also a willingness to do something. It takes time and effort to do any of the many things ESOC does. That is exactly why I am stepping down now, I do not have the time to commit to the team to keep doing what I was doing and rather than pretend I do I decided to step down and be realistic.

Also hey Rapha! Cool to see you still reading the site. I love your response here. It is key to be a good player if you want to voice an opinion on the maps, or if you want to write fair tournament rules. But for moderation and other angles, if you know your weak points and let others fill them then you can do well as staff.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

arriah wrote:
DivineFire wrote:

Lol I know and wtf does that even mean :roll:

Idk but we shouldn't joke about this. I'll open a thread

fightinfrenchman wrote:I'm on Divine Fire's side here

You really wanna get mod so badly eh
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Canada DivineFire
Lancer

Post by DivineFire »

Papist wrote:While I may not agree with DF's modding style 100% of the time, I think people here are being a bit too hard on him. He hasn't done anything egregious enough to disqualify him from being an admin, and he's willing to do the job, so why shouldn't he do it? And to the haters in this thread: I don't see you stepping up, so please stop attacking the guy who did.

I agree that I did make mistakes, the decisions being made were extremely tough and occasionally I made the wrong ones. I'm pretty sure the reason people are so critical/upset with me is that I was the one that ended up making the decisions when no one else would, or I was the one who acted upon a decision made by the staff instead of someone else doing it.
Taunt 3