Post by Mimsy for President »

You want to confess ?
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Re: Thank You!

Post by pecelot »

musketjr wrote:Ethics convo is ridiculous. People can team with who they want so penalising a team for being good sounds no different to penalising a player in a 1v1 competition for being good. Besides, you can equalise any skill difference by selecting port

+1
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Mr_Bramboy wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:Atm hp33 and the french team are very close

lol you stand no chance

?
Kynesie/diarouga/kaiserklein vs veni/ramex12/amhaye?
It is very close imo lol.

Yeah, perhaps slightly in favour of hp-33 though
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

I don't think so to be honest, it is in favour of France imo.
Anyway, it won't happen since I leave the SW, I came for a nation war, I didn't want to play a clan war again and it seems that it isn't a nation war anymore...
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Up to you. ;/

Obviously we'd prefer to have you on board but I'm not forcing anyone to do anything.

For some reason people joining clans outside their nationality was perfectly fine until BS_OP and Erik started doing it. No one cared that HP-33 was a mix, nor NATO, nor did anyone care about how mixed up some of the other teams came to be. I don't get it, but whatever. To me it's just double-standards where people are OK with things that won't affect them being the favorites, but if their own shot at winning the event is put in danger, then suddenly it becomes a problem. Strong World has long since departed a pure nation war. Being too rigid in that regard just means it's x10 harder to get games going, Strong World is about GETTING teams going.

Strong World is a team event. It's better to have ONE active team than 3 inactive teams. I thought that much was obvious.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:I don't think so to be honest, it is in favour of France imo.
Anyway, it won't happen since I leave the SW, I came for a nation war, I didn't want to play a clan war again and it seems that it isn't a nation war anymore...

No :( we didn't get to play our match :(
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

My opinion :
I'm not against flexibility but if there is a prize pool then there should not be flexibility.
I think it's even more disgusting for nations like India or WPact that schedule/play their games and animate Strong World. The current turn of events would make them useful idiots or stooges in spite of themselves !
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

It's 30 bucks a person basically. Not sure that's enough to drive the event to be super serious
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

I don't think people care about money.
I didn't want to participate in this event, seeing how the last one went, but I came because it was a nation war. Now it is not anymore and I'm not interested in playing this.
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

Ok
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

I don't get it. Why weren't these remarks made when HP-33 signed up? Or when there were two different Dutch teams? Or NATO?
Garja wrote:
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

iNcog wrote:I don't get it. Why weren't these remarks made when HP-33 signed up? Or when there were two different Dutch teams? Or NATO?

Because they don't threaten diarouga's hard earned money incog.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

Yea lol, it's nice that such a good player as you, diarouga, takes part in it, but now you make drama out of nothing. Show some respect to everyone who participates and don't forfeit in the middle of the tournament.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

@Jerom
Man you're a mod, are you supposed to flame like this 24/7 or can you take a break.. ?

@iNcog
I won't leave SW because I think the event is still fun, but well you have to admit that a team making no effort to schedule, then resigning because they are too lazy to carry on, then coming back with 2 top players only because they learnt there is a prize pool (and suddenly managing to schedule, weird isn't it ?) isn't exactly what you would call playing fair. It kinda kills the event to see this kind of behavior imo
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

pecelot wrote:Yea lol, it's nice that such a good player as you, diarouga, takes part in it, but now you make drama out of nothing. Show some respect to everyone who participates and don't forfeit in the middle of the tournament.

So it's fine that team Finland forfeits in the middle of the tournament (to come back later for money reasons) but not if diarouga quits ? I don't understand. Who was the least respectful in your opinion ?
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Kaiserklein wrote:@Jerom
Man you're a mod, are you supposed to flame like this 24/7 or can you take a break.. ?

If you think a mod flames you can report the posts.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

As I said before, I'm not a fan of finland dropping out then coming back, but at very least they are willing to play. I'm not going to make a big deal out of it. Tbh many other clans have "resigned" only they didn't do so formally. ;/

my own remark is more wondering why we didn't hear the need for "let's be strict on nationality" before. bs_op and erik are far from the first guys who are playing on the wrong "national" team. so why didn't we hear about it before?

it's just beating a dead horse at this point so really i'm just going to leave it.

i'll continue to run the event for those interested in participating. that's all. ^^
Garja wrote:
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

Kaiserklein wrote:
pecelot wrote:Yea lol, it's nice that such a good player as you, diarouga, takes part in it, but now you make drama out of nothing. Show some respect to everyone who participates and don't forfeit in the middle of the tournament.

So it's fine that team Finland forfeits in the middle of the tournament (to come back later for money reasons) but not if diarouga quits ? I don't understand. Who was the least respectful in your opinion ?

For me generally resigning in the middle of a tournament isn't something to be proud of. However, they have every right to come back any time, according to the rules. Of course it's not particularly noble behaviour, but I think we should all accept it and play on. Like iNcog mentioned plenty of times, other teams are formed and forfeit, too, as well as they group people from numerous countries at the same time, so IMO we shouldn't complain about team Finland, however bad it seems.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

iNcog wrote:As I said before, I'm not a fan of finland dropping out then coming back, but at very least they are willing to play. I'm not going to make a big deal out of it. Tbh many other clans have "resigned" only they didn't do so formally. ;/

Yes they resigned but didn't come back just when they learnt about he prize pool...

iNcog wrote:my own remark is more wondering why we didn't hear the need for "let's be strict on nationality" before. bs_op and erik are far from the first guys who are playing on the wrong "national" team. so why didn't we hear about it before?

Because again, when other people changed their team it was just to be with mates, or to be in a more active team. But team Finland obviously did that only for the prize pool, and that pisses me off. It really sucks. I personally don't really care about the prize pool, I didn't know there was one either before, but I just don't like the spirit of not caring about a community event/trying hard when you learn there is a prize pool.
But as I said I'll still play it. Though if diarouga leaves, + people avoiding Kynesie, I'm not sure how I will do this.
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

_H2O wrote:It's 30 bucks a person basically. Not sure that's enough to drive the event to be super serious
Enough to revive team Finland lol
India Nymphomaniac
Dragoon

Post by Nymphomaniac »

isn't the idea behind a prize pool to attract players who won't join otherwise ?
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Post by KINGofOsmane »

Thank you Garja for everything

user was warned for this post
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

Who gives a shit, its just another team to molest
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Kaiserklein wrote:Because again, when other people changed their team it was just to be with mates, or to be in a more active team. But team Finland obviously did that only for the prize pool, and that pisses me off. It really sucks. I personally don't really care about the prize pool, I didn't know there was one either before, but I just don't like the spirit of not caring about a community event/trying hard when you learn there is a prize pool.

fair enough, can't really disagree to be quite frank. i understand the sentiment, though in the end a competition is a competition

anyway, no use beating the horse, which is past dead. best move on and try to get some game going. or in france's case, prepare for S class. i wouldn't be opposed to the French team picking up one or two other people if diarouga really quits. kind sucks really, as everything is a compromise of a compromise already, but we'll make due and try to see things through to the end
Garja wrote:
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Nymphomaniac wrote:isn't the idea behind a prize pool to attract players who won't join otherwise ?

This. That Finland decided to rejoin is basically just positive, regardless of the motive. Stronk2world is all about increasing community actitive and inclusion; the nation-wars setting, the flexible rules, the prize pool – all of it!