ESO: Funnu

Re: Thank You!

Post by zoom »

I fail to see how it's unethical.
No Flag musketjr
Lancer

Post by musketjr »

It's unethical because they're good? Most of the teams aren't limited to nationality. And most of the participants wouldn't be able to compete with trams who have any pr 40 players so what difference does it really make. I can only see it increasing activity and hype
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Agreed entirely, personally speaking. Though not everyone has that point of view.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

musketjr wrote:Ethics convo is ridiculous. People can team with who they want so penalising a team for being good sounds no different to penalising a player in a 1v1 competition for being good. Besides, you can equalise any skill difference by selecting port

i agree with musket. instead of banning people from making an op team, rather, make it clear that once you select a team you cannot change when you reach code S (and only once before that) kinda like how youth football players of mixed descent can play for either nationality in friendlies and youth teams, but have to decide when they play their first international game. and to avoid that people gain too much benefit from assembling a super op team, just weight the rules against them, like you did in the initial strong world.

as i see it, SW should be a mix of fun and seriousness. so ye sure, you can assemble a dream team with all top players (not exceeding the player cap obv) but then you will have to pay a certain price for that as well. not too much ofcourse, because it shouldnt be impossbile and if they still win then, they obviously deserve it
Netherlands Veni_Vidi_Vici_W
Lancer
ESO: ramex19

Post by Veni_Vidi_Vici_W »

I agree with musketjr, zoom and umeu. In the end it should result in more teams and activity, which is what the tourney was about.
Umeus last post sums it up pretty good (Umeu ?! :D)

And it is, as Kaiser said, a bit disappointing that Finland withdraw from the tourney while having two good players, only to suddenly come back now with two even better ones ^^
Age Of Empires 3 Videos - GamePlay, Commentary & Tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/venividiviciw
Age Of Empires 3 Live Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/venividivici_w
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

Good, basement takes over team america
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

Stop whining you frenchies and answer to the challange i made vs you, i know you've read it...
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player

Post by princeofkabul »

Veni_Vidi_Vici_W wrote:I agree with musketjr, zoom and umeu. In the end it should result in more teams and activity, which is what the tourney was about.
Umeus last post sums it up pretty good (Umeu ?! :D)

And it is, as Kaiser said, a bit disappointing that Finland withdraw from the tourney while having two good players, only to suddenly come back now with two even better ones ^^

They are not even close to their prime level and you know that. Our team is pretty equal skilled at the moment. Atleast if it's a teamgame.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Veni_Vidi_Vici_W wrote:Umeus last post sums it up pretty good (Umeu ?! :D)

:?: :?: :?: :?:
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Hmm I'll be frank and call it a day.

The Finnish team can play with their two star players if they want, there's nothing I can really technically do about that without resorting to double standards, which I won't do for obvious reasons. Nor do I think I would (personally) want to do anything about it, this does sort of remain a competition; so naturally some people are going to do what it takes to be as competitive as possible. Finland still needs to earn their 12 points to qualify; that requires activity as well as playing out the matches. As for the criteria with which teams can be formed: basically if you sign up alone, you are assigned to a team based on your nationality. If you want to sign up with your friends, then you can do that as well. The whole notion of the event is to just find ways to group up people into teams and get games going, more or less. Nations do serve as a guideline for that purpose.

That said, I'm not a fan of Finland withdrawing from the tournament because things aren't going their way or because it was too hard to schedule, only to come back with with two very strong players after learning that there is a prize pool. It's not what you would call the most amazing sportsmanship, especially since it sort of skews the balance of power into Finland's favor in a way which makes the event a little less exciting for everyone: in particular think of the guy who decided to put $100 on the table to add some zest to the event. Not a reproach, just something to keep in mind.

Anyway, things are mostly fine, I have no trouble with Finland coming back to the event. Challenger does remain informal and light in its rules and things are tightened up once we reach S Class. We have more activity, more games going, more hype, etc. So look forward to some ggs more than anything else.
Garja wrote:
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player

Post by princeofkabul »

iNcog wrote:Hmm I'll be frank and call it a day.

The Finnish team can play with their two star players if they want, there's nothing I can really technically do about that without resorting to double standards, which I won't do for obvious reasons. Nor do I think I would (personally) want to do anything about it, this does sort of remain a competition; so naturally some people are going to do what it takes to be as competitive as possible. Finland still needs to earn their 12 points to qualify; that requires activity as well as playing out the matches. As for the criteria with which teams can be formed: basically if you sign up alone, you are assigned to a team based on your nationality. If you want to sign up with your friends, then you can do that as well. The whole notion of the event is to just find ways to group up people into teams and get games going, more or less. Nations do serve as a guideline for that purpose.

That said, I'm not a fan of Finland withdrawing from the tournament because things aren't going their way or because it was too hard to schedule, only to come back with with two very strong players after learning that there is a prize pool. It's not what you would call the most amazing sportsmanship, especially since it sort of skews the balance of power into Finland's favor in a way which makes the event a little less exciting for everyone: in particular think of the guy who decided to put $100 on the table to add some zest to the event. Not a reproach, just something to keep in mind.

Anyway, things are mostly fine, I have no trouble with Finland coming back to the event. Challenger does remain informal and light in its rules and things are tightened up once we reach S Class. We have more activity, more games going, more hype, etc. So look forward to some ggs more than anything else.

Clans didn't accept our challanges before, and still doesn't. Things haven't gone our way at all since we have ZERO matches played cause nobody shows up in the correct time, or purposely doesn't answer.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Well, it's all in the past now, only thing to do now is to get games going now. ^^"
Garja wrote:
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

@iNcog

when is the deadline for qualifying for S class
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

The 4th clan to obtain 12 points in challenger gets to S Class. So far 2 clans have qualified, 2 more slots remain.

So no real deadline, just 12 points;
Garja wrote:
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

and first come first get?
Netherlands Veni_Vidi_Vici_W
Lancer
ESO: ramex19

Post by Veni_Vidi_Vici_W »

@Umeu , that was just a compliment before, and the between brackets a joke giving our history, nvm :p

@Prince , you had a few challenges before, but that was like 2-3 or so, not like 'everyone' didn't accept it. Same as that our challenge still isnt finished because we couldnt get you and sompu on the same time as us. Also as I said before it would help if you are a bit more onto it, like tagging the appropriate members etc. You are now also way more active with challenging than before ^^
Age Of Empires 3 Videos - GamePlay, Commentary & Tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/venividiviciw
Age Of Empires 3 Live Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/venividivici_w
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

princeofkabul wrote:Stop whining you frenchies and answer to the challange i made vs you, i know you've read it...

We are in S class so we're not gonna play anymore until 4 clans are in S class...
And I personally didn't even know you challenged us
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

umeu wrote:and first come first get?

Yeah

Though if two clans are within 3 points of qualifying (1 win basically), then all challenges of those two clans get cancelled and both of them play a match to determine who advances. No tears that way, only dreams.
Garja wrote:
Switzerland bobabu
Howdah

Post by bobabu »

n0eL wrote:Gibson shouldn't be able to switch. USA has been a fail because we can only play on weekend and ESO is down everyweekend.

Veni is on Belgium because it's Belgium / HP33. That is quite different than trying to assemble a team of good players with no affiliation just because they found out there was some money at stake.

Yes a very good team.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

I just want to point out that Prince, BS_OP, Erik and Somppu are butt buddies. High level players tend to hang out with high level players, what can I say? So they do have affiliation; they're friends.

Just something to keep in mind, though yeah obviously it's not fun if a titanesque team suddenly joins with the goal of winning. Then again, it's a competition, we shouldn't really be surprised that teams attempt to compete in a competitive fashion; that's also why I would be fine if rosters get adjusted a little by other teams before S Class. There are lots of very good players which are still free agents. ;/
Garja wrote:
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

Meh. If it's all about friendship, let's call it SW Friendzone. Diarouga and Kaiser weren't the "best" friends in the world and they played along and teamed up.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

I wouldn't be opposed to friends of diarouga or Kaiser joining the French team without necessarily being French.

I suppose I should have been more clear about that; I'm sorry that I wasn't and I probably should have tried to communicate better about that aspect.

It was a bit messy setting teams up, but more or less the way it works is that you can sign up as a team if you want, or you can sign up alone and get signed up to a team. You get signed up based on nationality but you can request to go elsewhere. e.g. gibson in switzerland, daooof is south african as well afaik, brookg is from the balkans but playing for the german team since the german team was too small to compete alone and brookg was signed up to an inactive team. briowl is, I believe, a chinese person who lives in america yet who is playing in the warsaw pact team due to his liking of hungarian cooking. as well as of course our good friends hp-33 who are supposedly belgian but have french and dutch members (though considering the belgian language, maybe that makes sense :P). there's team NATO as well, since breeze is the only active turk player, well where else could he play?

Remember, better to have 1 active team with a bunch of mixed up people than 3 inactive teams who can't compete anyway. The nation idea is a pretty neat guideline, but at the end of the day what we really want is for matches to get played and more activity, as well as a team league format.

Some compromises need to be made at some point, being too rigid with the nationality "rule" is just going to make the event unplayable or at very least even more difficult to participate in; it's already not super easy to play in this event, or run it for that matter.

that's why, more or less. ^^

PS: rules have been updated

viewtopic.php?f=135&t=5288
Garja wrote:
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

Mimsy for President wrote:Meh. If it's all about friendship, let's call it SW Friendzone. Diarouga and Kaiser weren't the "best" friends in the world and they played along and teamed up.

They might have gained some new relationships by playing this way.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

ye i caught them making sexy in the toilet yesterday...
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

they said "je t'aime" to each other on the french chat the other day, not sure what that means
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham