Patch Update

Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Re: Patch Update

Post by Gendarme »

Perhaps this is because I am online on RE patch. I shall retry with the client closed.

Update: Yes. That was the issue.
Pay more attention to detail.
Italy DaRkNiTe1698
Lancer
ESO: Marco1698

Post by DaRkNiTe1698 »

I am having issues with the patch update. I installed it but it wants "Visual C++ 2013 (x86)" to work. The point is, I installed it but it still asks me to download it. So patch is not working. Anyone helps to fix?
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Post by musketeer925 »

DaRkNiTe1698 wrote:I am having issues with the patch update. I installed it but it wants "Visual C++ 2013 (x86)" to work. The point is, I installed it but it still asks me to download it. So patch is not working. Anyone helps to fix?

I would try uninstall patch, uninstall visual c++ 2013, re-install patch.

actually, see my post here:
viewtopic.php?f=110&t=8564&p=184140#p184140
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

lordraphael wrote:
ovi12 wrote:Was CIR revert really a good idea?

well thats the question. CIR affecting goons is probably fine, however it wasnt in the patch notes, and i believe it was discussed within the team and was deemed as to hard of a nerf for goons instead we went with -10 rr
Just to ensure that everyone is aware, this is the exact change:

– Counter-Infantry Rifling improvement changed from +1 heavy infantry multiplier, to +1 heavy infantry and light cavalry multipliers.

Despite speeding the eventual find of an assumption to substitute for Portuguese being the top civilization, this unintended change – while somewhat popular – has some issues surrounding it:

1. It is desirable in neither scale nor shape; its impact is both too large and too limited (narrow in scope), and more difficult to determine.
2. It is an indirect, relative nerf to Aztec, Chinese, British, Indians and Japanese, as it does not benefit those civilizations.
3. It is an indirect nerf to other Arsenal improvements – most of which are already situational at best. It also puts CIR at risk of being overpowered, and effectively makes it mandatory rather than optional.

On a related yet unrelated note, I wouldn't at all have minded leaving Light-Infantry Breastplate at 15%, although reverting it is the technically correct decision.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

ssaraf wrote:I wud have liked the CIR x3 restored .... -10% RR was ok , but the arsenal tech bonus vs goons shud also be a thing imo... If u wanna punish a heavy goon composition , the -10% RR just doesnt do enuf.. The patch team shud reconsider this..

Also when are these changes gonna come in effect? (dont tell me u ppl made an update during the tourney xD)
What makes you convinced that Dragoons aren't countered effectively enough after taking ~14.3% more ranged damage than they previously did?
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

forgrin wrote:So this is changing before the end of the tourney? Cool cool. Will change how people (eg H2O) play slighty, he likes arsenal alot for Ports now but that might change with CIR not being as useful anymore.

Could be useful for Iro too considering they were already weak, but they probably still won't see any play.
People simply won't waste resources on an Arsenal, since the game-breaking improvement has yielded way to the previous, typically useless one.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

iNcog wrote:it's normal in France basically
Indeed – "normal in France".
:ship:
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

Well to be fair I have been arsenalling as far back as the games vs diarouga Japan.

Arsenal is still possible it just shifts the arsenal back by 5 minutes making it see play a lot less often.
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

_H2O wrote:Well to be fair I have been arsenalling as far back as the games vs diarouga Japan.

Arsenal is still possible it just shifts the arsenal back by 5 minutes making it see play a lot less often.

If ep team decides to reduce arsenal building and tech prices a bit and we will see much more "arsenalling". Upg cards are much better option atm, except for civs that don't have them.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

_H2O wrote:Well to be fair I have been arsenalling as far back as the games vs diarouga Japan.

Yes, you'd wait until Ranged Cavalry Caracole becomes viable and just get that, I imagine. CIR is useful situationally later on as well.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Yeah, normally CIR doesn't see much usage because of lack of heavy-infantry-based compositions in the fortress age, apart from a few cases, like vs China or Japan.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

I think the CIR upgrade against heavy infantry is actually ridiculously good. I had this team game where I send the equivalent card as india against an ashigaru mass, and afterwards I was talking on skype a bit about the build orders we did. At first I instinctively downgraded it as a big factor, but then I started to realize that +1 bonus is so good. It's actually a 50% attack upgrade card applying not to base stats but to current stats. Fifty percent. Its absolutely mental really. I think CIR is always worth it if it actually applies to be honest, I should probably be getting that upgrade against china and japan and whatever other civ is making these stupid musketeers.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

True, very good, but also very situational :!:
Hungary Dsy
Lancer

Post by Dsy »

Maybe you can research cir in teamgames, but dont think it worth in 1v1 without goon effect. And it wasnt op actually cause if some1 invest too much in skirms opponent can just invest cav or cannons which is insane goo vs them. Its again good point in my eyes, see cannonplays more often. Arsenal is expensive its not a problem if you get something from research:D
+15% hp breastplate was also nicer than 10 cause of TAD desing.

So i think those changes were good actually.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

CIR is just super situational. Does your opponent make enough HI to make it worth ? What kind of HI is it ? Do you go heavy enough on skirms ? What map are you playing on ? Can you afford to pay CIR at a given time ?
For example, if you're against russian muskets, I doubt CIR is worth. you will overkill them hard anyway. Instead of 4-hitting them with a skirm you will 3-hit with CIR, it's ofc nice but probably not worth until pretty late in the game. If you're against jans though... Those guys have so much hp that it's really worth it I guess (I remember I forgot to get it when I played france vs Tit's otto and it kinda hurt).
If you're germany, people will make more anti cav, so CIR is more likely to be worth it than, for example, if you're port.
If you're on a more defensive map with more resources in/near your base, it gives you more time for CIR. If you need to defend your resources all the time with your army, then getting CIR might be risky.
And then ofc, if I'm port I'm more likely to go heavy on goons than on cassas, so CIR is not as interesting as it is for ger, who will most likely mass skirms + br and some uhlans (especially on last ep where you make less uhlans). Or if you're vs china, you won't mass skirms even though they usually have a fair amount of HI, because their cav+pike composition is really nasty for skirms so you're more likely to mass goons, so CIR not that good.
Etc
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

By the time you're able to research CIR, Russia doesn't really makes muskets anymore, right? Just a side note... :roll:
Hungary Dsy
Lancer

Post by Dsy »

Arsenal cost 250w tech cost 200w 200c. Its a lot. You could build almost a foundry + 1 falconet. And thats just much stronger than cir.
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

zoom wrote:

Yes, you'd wait until Ranged Cavalry Caracole becomes viable and just get that, I imagine. CIR is useful situationally later on as well.

And cav hp tech is cheap as hunts are running low. It also provides the right stat for the unit.
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

Dsy wrote:Arsenal cost 250w tech cost 200w 200c. Its a lot. You could build almost a foundry + 1 falconet. And thats just much stronger than cir.

Thats why tech and builiding need to be cheaper in order to be remotely useful.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

_H2O wrote:
zoom wrote:

And cav hp tech is cheap as hunts are running low. It also provides the right stat for the unit.
That's interesting. A lot of people seem to think that heavy cavalry is only good for damage absorption. While this is unquestionably a vital role of the unit (type), it seems to me that another one is exploiting positional advantages and seizing upon favorable engagements, when they present themselves. The higher the attack, the lesser the time-window required, the more opportunities to pounce at.

The above isn't even mentioning the greater overkill against and better raiding of higher attack; lower hitpoints heavy cavalry.
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

n0eL wrote:Current state :
[list][*] Making tapir not selectable : Done

hopefully you guys introduced a different protounit for this, or tested with UI 2.2 maps to make sure that this didn't mess up how the UI works with human observers...
oranges.
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Post by Rikikipu »

Aizamk wrote:

hopefully you guys introduced a different protounit for this, or tested with UI 2.2 maps to make sure that this didn't mess up how the UI works with human observers...

Wait, did we mess with the UI :ohmy: ?
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Aizamk wrote:

I'm 99% sure this tapir isn't related to the UI. It's used for the EP ladder as far as I'm aware. A few people have been doing obs games and I haven't seen any complaints.
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

The UI maps spawn a tapir, and then the observers delete the tapirs themselves by use of a findunittype ui command+ a deleteselectedunit, which is why I was worried about making them non-selectable.

If there haven't been problems with obs games, then it's ok and you probably made them non-selectable of the first degree, so they can still be located using UI commands, which is fine. What would have been a problem is if they were non-searchable too.
oranges.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

I tested the UI yesterday with @EAGLEMUT and he played obs a couple of days ago with no issues, so I guess it's fair to say it works. :flowers: