Summer Championship Sign-Ups are Open!

Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

[div style="text-align:center'"][img style="font-size:12pt'max-width:100%'" src="http://i.imgur.com/LPfIrOJ.png"][/div]

[span style="font-size:18pt'"][div align="center"]$1100 Summer Championship Sign-Ups are Open![/div][/span]

[div style="text-align:center'"]Our plans for the summer tournament here at ESOC are well underway, and the sign-ups are now open to anyone with an ESO account! Sign-ups will be open from today, June 3rd, until Friday, June 26, and there will be no rating requirements for this tournament, so feel free to sign up whether youre PR40 or PR0! :) [/div]
[div style="text-align:center'"]Click Here to Sign Up!

Tournament Rules &' Information
[/div]
[div style="text-align:left'"]We are very excited to announce that we will be using a brand new and diverse group of maps for this event??once again created and balanced by Garja??which will consist of:[/div]
[div style="text-align:center'"][span style="font-size:12pt'"]Arkansas[/span][/div][div style="text-align:center'"][span style="font-size:12pt'"]Manchuria[/span][/div][div style="text-align:center'"][span style="font-size:12pt'"]Bengal[/span][/div][div style="text-align:center'"][span style="font-size:12pt'"]Baja California[/span][/div][div style="text-align:center'"][span style="font-size:12pt'"]Tibet[/span][/div][div style="text-align:center'"][span style="font-size:12pt'"]Indonesia[/span][/div][div style="text-align:center'"][span style="font-size:12pt'"]Cascade Range[/span][/div][div style="text-align:center'"][span style="font-size:12pt'"]Hudson Bay[/span][/div][div style="text-align:center'"][span style="font-size:12pt'"]High Plains[/span]
[/div]
[div style="text-align:left'"]Well include more details on these maps once theyre polished and released for all of you to practice on (which will be very soon!), but if you want to sneak a peak at some of these maps, _H2O, Garja, and myself spent a few hours streaming last weekend while testing the new maps, which you can watch here: http://www.twitch.tv/ryanmankle/v/5634811.

I should also mention that were going to be including a new rule along with the map pool: rather than playing out the same maps every single match, our staff will instead be announcing a unique map pool for each tournament match! We will accomplish this by using a program to randomly pull from the map pool to make map sets. This method will make sure the maps that are randomly selected are different enough.
[/div]
[div align="center"]Hopefully youre all hyped for the tournament, because we sure are, and we hope to see your names flooding the sign-ups thread![/div]
India Nymphomaniac
Dragoon

Post by Nymphomaniac »

Random Maps in map pool is certainly good idea :)
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Post by KINGofOsmane »

Nah dat sucks
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

kingofosmane wrote:Nah dat sucks
+1
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

kingofosmane wrote:Nah dat sucks
+1
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

Because ?
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Because it is unfair. If you take france and you play on indonesia or choose brit and play on bengal it won't be cool.
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

You are told the maps in advance (when each round begins). So you don't have to take france on indonesia.

By "randomly selected" Mitoe means that there isn't a set order for the maps as we had last time (Kamchatka then Hudson then Siberia then ... every series etc.)

Though there are constraints on the process to stop anyone getting 3 water maps in a row for example and other unfair combinations.
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player

Post by KINGofOsmane »

diarouga wrote:Because it is unfair. If you take france and you play on indonesia or choose brit and play on bengal it won''t be cool.

Exactly
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player

Post by KINGofOsmane »

wickedcossack wrote:You are told the maps in advance (when each round begins). So you don''t have to take france on indonesia.

By "randomly selected" Mitoe means that there isn''t a set order for the maps as we had last time (Kamchatka then Hudson then Siberia then ... every series etc.)

Though there are constraints on the process to stop anyone getting 3 water maps in a row for example and other unfair combinations.

It was always a good order its just useless
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

wickedcossack wrote:You are told the maps in advance (when each round begins). So you don''t have to take france on indonesia.

By "randomly selected" Mitoe means that there isn''t a set order for the maps as we had last time (Kamchatka then Hudson then Siberia then ... every series etc.)

Ah, that''s good then, didn''t understand it way.
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

Yea, give it a chance, we have thought through making this 100% fair for the players while making it more exciting for the viewers :)
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player

Post by KINGofOsmane »

h2o wrote:Yea, give it a chance, we have thought through making this 100% fair for the players while making it more exciting for the viewers :)

Yea i got it now too ,thought first its like standart maps where you always get random maps