Post by pecelot »

goodspeed12 tricking everyone since 1776
United States of America XeeleeFlower
Retired Contributor
Xeelee Patron

Re: THANK YOU!

Post by XeeleeFlower »

Kaiserklein wrote:
XeeleeFlower wrote:How much do we need to donate to get a female caster @iwillspankyou or @queenofdestiny or any other woman who I may not know. :-) The current pool of casters are lovely, but having a woman's voice would be nice once in awhile.

Donations go for future tournaments prize pools, not to pay casters, so it doesn't matter how much you donate here. Regardless, you might still see your dreams come true pretty soon
(ofc feel free to still donate if you want to)

Oh, I know that the casters don't get paid, though I think that they should at least be compensated with a glass of wine or something. I will certainly continue to donate. This community is special and I want to help in any way that I can.

Mr_Bramboy wrote:If they're willing to cast tell them to send me a pm with a trial video (anyone, for that matter). We do have some quality control, but the reason that we don't have female casters is the lack of female applicants, not because esoc is sexist.

Sorry if I made it seem like I was implying that esoc is sexist. That wasn't my intention. I'm fully aware that there are far more males than females here.

EAGLEMUT wrote:I nominate you! :flowers:

I'm too thin skinned. I couldn't deal with all the shit that gets thrown. Plus, my PR isn't above 20. :P
Time is wise and our wounds seem to heal to the rhythm of aging,
But our past is a ghost fading out that at night it’s still haunting.

http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor
ESO: QueenOfdestiny

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:
XeeleeFlower wrote:How much do we need to donate to get a female caster @iwillspankyou or @queenofdestiny or any other woman who I may not know. :-) The current pool of casters are lovely, but having a woman's voice would be nice once in awhile.

If they're willing to cast tell them to send me a pm with a trial video (anyone, for that matter). We do have some quality control, but the reason that we don't have female casters is the lack of female applicants, not because esoc is sexist.

Hmmmmm, well i don´t have engoth knowleg but ...i would be a co-caster, whit someone, who have engoth knowleg.
Maybe there is something incomming. i will write you then @Mr_Bramboy

And my english is a bit better, when i speak :lol:
shit juice :hmm:
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

XeeleeFlower wrote:I'm too thin skinned. I couldn't deal with all the shit that gets thrown. Plus, my PR isn't above 20. :P

Awww, it is true that the caster role sometimes requires a bit thicker skin. But I'll have you know that Chrisie, the guy who just casted semi-finals, is not over PR20 either :P
You could try casting a match in some smaller event just for fun, and see if you enjoy it. There will likely be some sort of a more casual event after the big tournament is over.
momuuu wrote: ↑theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

I was expecting some "omg ban Lukas_L99 cuz he's a misogynist!!" comments :/

But yeah obviously there is barely a point in letting people cast who don't have a great knowledge about the game, independent of their sex.
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

Lukas_L99 wrote:I was expecting some "omg ban Lukas_L99 cuz he's a misogynist!!" comments :/

But yeah obviously there is barely a point in letting people cast who don't have a great knowledge about the game, independent of their sex.

there is already chrisie casting, wouldn't make any difference having a master serg commenting finals for example.
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

EAGLEMUT wrote:
XeeleeFlower wrote:I'm too thin skinned. I couldn't deal with all the shit that gets thrown. Plus, my PR isn't above 20. :P

Awww, it is true that the caster role sometimes requires a bit thicker skin. But I'll have you know that Chrisie, the guy who just casted semi-finals, is not over PR20 either :P
You could try casting a match in some smaller event just for fun, and see if you enjoy it. There will likely be some sort of a more casual event after the big tournament is over.

princeofkabul wrote:
Lukas_L99 wrote:I was expecting some "omg ban Lukas_L99 cuz he's a misogynist!!" comments :/

there is already chrisie casting, wouldn't make any difference having a master serg commenting finals for example.

To be fair Chrisie's strength lies within his enthusiasm and excellent way of holding a conversation and casting the game. Sometimes he doesn't know what he's talking about, but his cocaster is always there to correct him and if Chrisie is paired with a knowledgeable cocaster like edeholland yesterday then they make a great duo.
France Diarouga
Lancer
Donator 01
ESO: diarouga

Post by Diarouga »

Lol, nice troll by GS ;)
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

lordraphael wrote:
_H2O wrote:
Warno wrote:What happens as the donations pool rises?

Is the next tournament prize pool increased? Or will there be more tournaments?

We roll it into the next tournament. The goal is always $1000. Now we have almost $1400 so we can have another $1000 tournament, a small invitational, and have money left over for another tournament.

well imo we should increase the prize pool of this tourney to 1 k:P

Of course Raph says that you mad lad gonna wreck h2o
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

XeeleeFlower wrote:
Oh, I know that the casters don't get paid, though I think that they should at least be compensated with a glass of wine or something.

Will cast for wine.
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

edeholland wrote:
pecelot wrote:where is diarouga with his beautiful message to the world

You have to log in with your Twitch, but you can set the displayed username yourself. I suppose somebody (goodspeed?) filled in Diarouga so the on-screen name was Diarouga, but in this database it's the real name (Twitch name).

special thanks to @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

This is neither sex nor song.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Kaiserklein wrote:

Donations go for future tournaments prize pools, not to pay casters, so it doesn't matter how much you donate here. Regardless, you might still see your dreams come true pretty soon
(ofc feel free to still donate if you want to)
I think he rather means quid-pro-quo; donations for female casting. ESOC prostitution, essentially
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

_H2O wrote:
Warno wrote:What happens as the donations pool rises?

Is the next tournament prize pool increased? Or will there be more tournaments?

We roll it into the next tournament. The goal is always $1000. Now we have almost $1400 so we can have another $1000 tournament, a small invitational, and have money left over for another tournament.
Are you actually invoking Mankl Privilege, exclusively to obstruct progress? If funding were unlimited, where would you stop, if not before $1000???
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

queenofdestiny wrote:
Mr_Bramboy wrote:
Show hidden quotes

If they're willing to cast tell them to send me a pm with a trial video (anyone, for that matter). We do have some quality control, but the reason that we don't have female casters is the lack of female applicants, not because esoc is sexist.

Hmmmmm, well i don´t have engoth knowleg but ...i would be a co-caster, whit someone, who have engoth knowleg.
Maybe there is something incomming. i will write you then @Mr_Bramboy

And my english is a bit better, when i speak :lol:
I'd like to see you try!
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

EAGLEMUT wrote:

Yes, and Chris gets orally #REKT, which means case-in-point, as far as I can tell. Personally I enjoy Chrissu's commentary and in this respect find the pr even more irrelevant than usual. He just needs to focus less on talking and more on observing. Optimizing viewer vision is the ultimate priority.

I'm just appreciative of his effort – as I am with that of any contributor.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

@XeeleeFlower wrote
How much do we need to donate to get a female caster @iwillspankyou or @queenofdestiny or any other woman who I may not know. :-) The current pool of casters are lovely, but having a woman's voice would be nice once in awhile.

@queenofdestiny I would like to see it happen - go for it girl ;) :flowers: Myself? nah - do not have the knowledge I think. Besides im only sergent (for a good reason - but still happy as a noob) :lol:

Thx for your confidance @XeeleeFlower :love:
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

pecelot wrote:goodspeed12 tricking everyone since 1776
Is that some piggie shit?
Netherlands dietschlander
Lancer

Post by dietschlander »

I think Crissie talks like Cesar Millan
Theres going to be a dam, the great dam and we'll let the beavers pay for it - Edeholland 2016
Anyway, nuancing isn't your forte, so I'll agree with you like I would with a 8 year old: violence is bad, don't do hard drugs and stay in school Benj98
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

chrisie is a fun guy to listen to. i haven't been watching games closely but when i do tune in, i hear a very energetic caster who has some good talking skills. i like it when he casts. i hope he keeps it up

tbh i don't really care for high level commentary. streams should be a bit more geared towards presenting this game to newer players, the old dogs around here all know how the game works and aiz's UI means that they have a very solid grasp of the game either way. ironically if you want high level discussion of a game, tune in to twitch chat were all the top players are watching, chatting, flaming and analyzing the game
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Yeah but players with an average level (20-30 or so), which by the way are a very large proportion of the viewers (and also of esoc members I guess), can learn a lot and improve thanks to high level commentary. You don't necessarily have the knowledge to make yourself a decent analysis of a game when you're in this skill range, so if casters don't bring higher level insight, the stream is not going to bring you much. It will bring you some hype and some action for sure, but it won't help you improve, even though that's what a lot of players actually expect from this kind of stream (how many times when someone opens a thread on esoc like "how can I improve", people answer "watch some streams"...). So for this reason I believe having casters with good knowledge is really important
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Post by musketeer925 »

Kaiserklein wrote:Yeah but players with an average level (20-30 or so), which by the way are a very large proportion of the viewers (and also of esoc members I guess), can learn a lot and improve thanks to high level commentary. You don't necessarily have the knowledge to make yourself a decent analysis of a game when you're in this skill range, so if casters don't bring higher level insight, the stream is not going to bring you much. It will bring you some hype and some action for sure, but it won't help you improve, even though that's what a lot of players actually expect from this kind of stream (how many times when someone opens a thread on esoc like "how can I improve", people answer "watch some streams"...). So for this reason I believe having casters with good knowledge is really important

I'm going to be honest, I find I learn more sometimes by listening to lower-level casters. High-level casters might not comment on things that are automatic to them, whereas a more mid-level caster might comment on how good XXXX thing is because they recognize "well that's something really hard to do that this player has really mastered".
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

I've learned a lot from both Interjection and Ryan. Although I think in the general case, Kaiserklein is right.
Pay more attention to detail.
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

The points I love about interjection and Chrissie:
1) their excitement
2) their voice/conversation

Points I dislike
1) not enough multitasking and missing raids/fights
2) talk over other caster sometimes

But there is so much to see as a caster. Ideally id like to know starting crates, whether they are going market or tp, within the first 20seconds, but they also have to introduce, and check map balance. It's quite a lot.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

musketeer925 wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:Yeah but players with an average level (20-30 or so), which by the way are a very large proportion of the viewers (and also of esoc members I guess), can learn a lot and improve thanks to high level commentary. You don't necessarily have the knowledge to make yourself a decent analysis of a game when you're in this skill range, so if casters don't bring higher level insight, the stream is not going to bring you much. It will bring you some hype and some action for sure, but it won't help you improve, even though that's what a lot of players actually expect from this kind of stream (how many times when someone opens a thread on esoc like "how can I improve", people answer "watch some streams"...). So for this reason I believe having casters with good knowledge is really important

I'm going to be honest, I find I learn more sometimes by listening to lower-level casters. High-level casters might not comment on things that are automatic to them, whereas a more mid-level caster might comment on how good XXXX thing is because they recognize "well that's something really hard to do that this player has really mastered".

Hence you should have one each