A merry Christmas, from ESOCommunity!

Australia Gear_Head
Skirmisher
Donator 01
ESO: Gear_Head

Re: A merry Christmas, from ESOCommunity!

Post by Gear_Head »

evilcheadar wrote:I race anyone except maybe @Gear_Head

I'm all graduated and haven't run in 6 months now. Plus I ate way too much Christmas dinner. I'd say you have a chance today. ^_^

Merry Christmas, everyone!
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

gibson wrote:Looking harmonious? No matter how much you work out, calves always stay skinny. What gets big is your thighs, but no one sees your thighs ever cause they're always covered by shorts or pants. There's not really any reason to work out your lower body if you're not sporting or not a body builder etc cause you don't get anything out of it. When was the last time you saw a girl be like damn that guy got some sexy calves right there. I mean I guess if you work out as a hobby you might want to but both myself and most of the guys I know work are purely for looks

So much stuff that sounds wrong to me in this message:

Calves always stay skinny. Yea, and your biceps will always be smaller than your thighs. However if you workout calves properly, they will get bigger + well defined, like any other muscle. Also, I've heard a decent amount of girls mentioning calves.

About your thighs and no one sees them: if you wear clothes (that fits you, not undersized so that it makes you look more muscular), what people mostly see is your mass/shapes. Deltoids, traps, back muscles, chest. Add triceps, and to a much lesser extent biceps. Therefore, what a girl would find “sexy” most of the year are the first that I quoted, and I’ll let you have a guess about which exercise is great for them. Lastly, you could check some girls magazines online, but I’d guess that even the butt is higher ranked than biceps in terms of what girls prefer in a guy. Same goes for the back, traps and chest.

More bluntly, post puberty judgment happens in the bedroom, which leads me to next point:

If you workout properly: 3 times a week, decent diet, actually do isolation exercises like you’re talking about; after 6month-1 year you’ll look yourself in the mirror and realize that developed triceps + chest while the rest isn't doesn't look good. Chicken legs are also a thing, and it doesn’t look good neither.

Few more thoughts:

- If you’re actually into working out and want to make progress, you’ll realize that smith machine sux and free weight is the way to go: you’ll have to workout all your muscles.
- Isolation workouts are actually the ones that don’t stay long term: 1 year out of the gym and 80% is gone. Exercise that workout multiples muscles and require strength are the ones that have more long term result. Overall, imo you should focus on: deadlift (standard + bent over), squat, bench-press, pull-ups, dips. Add biceps curls, barbell shrugs and military press. Might have forgotten 1 or 2. These will make you look good, with or without cloth on.

Lastly, and most importantly: don’t workout for girls. Workout because you want to improve your self-esteem/confidence, because you want to be stronger than the average guy, have a good posture. Overall, because you want to be the “best version of yourself”.
Girls just come as a result of that. Obviously, girls that come to you because of that aren’t the most interesting ones neither, hence the fact that you shouldn’t go to the gym for that. I’ve also never noticed that more muscular guy can have more one night stands if that’s what you’re into, better focus on social skills.
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

i've seen rugby guys with calves the size of my head... so they definitely don't always stay skinny lol
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

@benji89 Yea you're right. Not sure why I said what I said and I don't completely remember saying it but it is generally wrong and what you said is much more accurate
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

benj89 wrote:
gibson wrote:Looking harmonious? No matter how much you work out, calves always stay skinny. What gets big is your thighs, but no one sees your thighs ever cause they're always covered by shorts or pants. There's not really any reason to work out your lower body if you're not sporting or not a body builder etc cause you don't get anything out of it. When was the last time you saw a girl be like damn that guy got some sexy calves right there. I mean I guess if you work out as a hobby you might want to but both myself and most of the guys I know work are purely for looks

So much stuff that sounds wrong to me in this message:

Calves always stay skinny. Yea, and your biceps will always be smaller than your thighs. However if you workout calves properly, they will get bigger + well defined, like any other muscle. Also, I've heard a decent amount of girls mentioning calves.

About your thighs and no one sees them: if you wear clothes (that fits you, not undersized so that it makes you look more muscular), what people mostly see is your mass/shapes. Deltoids, traps, back muscles, chest. Add triceps, and to a much lesser extent biceps. Therefore, what a girl would find “sexy” most of the year are the first that I quoted, and I’ll let you have a guess about which exercise is great for them. Lastly, you could check some girls magazines online, but I’d guess that even the butt is higher ranked than biceps in terms of what girls prefer in a guy. Same goes for the back, traps and chest.

More bluntly, post puberty judgment happens in the bedroom, which leads me to next point:

If you workout properly: 3 times a week, decent diet, actually do isolation exercises like you’re talking about; after 6month-1 year you’ll look yourself in the mirror and realize that developed triceps + chest while the rest isn't doesn't look good. Chicken legs are also a thing, and it doesn’t look good neither.

Few more thoughts:

- If you’re actually into working out and want to make progress, you’ll realize that smith machine sux and free weight is the way to go: you’ll have to workout all your muscles.
- Isolation workouts are actually the ones that don’t stay long term: 1 year out of the gym and 80% is gone. Exercise that workout multiples muscles and require strength are the ones that have more long term result. Overall, imo you should focus on: deadlift (standard + bent over), squat, bench-press, pull-ups, dips. Add biceps curls, barbell shrugs and military press. Might have forgotten 1 or 2. These will make you look good, with or without cloth on.

Lastly, and most importantly: don’t workout for girls. Workout because you want to improve your self-esteem/confidence, because you want to be stronger than the average guy, have a good posture. Overall, because you want to be the “best version of yourself”.
Girls just come as a result of that. Obviously, girls that come to you because of that aren’t the most interesting ones neither, hence the fact that you shouldn’t go to the gym for that. I’ve also never noticed that more muscular guy can have more one night stands if that’s what you’re into, better focus on social skills.

seems like u enjoy watching elliott hulse
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

@tedere12
Good catch! I watched his videos on strength camp years ago when a friend told me I was doing deadlifts the wrong way, I actually saw no result the first few month I did them, except lower back pain. I believe he was in the “best version of yourself” thing, and I unconsciously mentioned that without thinking about him. Personal development is about that though, it’s common sense that people don’t take the time to think about: Eat well, exercise, do what you like for yourself, not for your image. I also like to analyze the end goal before starting anything.

Everything in this message actually comes from personal experience; I’ve been that guy who focused on biceps and chest (+shoulder). After 6-8 months, I wondered why my body didn’t look like some guys at the gym, because I was only doing the 4-5 exercise I knew from past sport experience. I copied what these guys did at the gym, mixed with some of mine (dips, pull ups, biceps curls), ended-up doing the combination mentioned for a year and a half with good results. Did 3x a week, intense 45min. No supplements except proteins. I don’t go to the gym anymore but when I go back I’ll stick to these.
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah
ESO: sdsanft

Post by sdsanft »

Gear_Head wrote:
evilcheadar wrote:I race anyone except maybe @Gear_Head

I'm all graduated and haven't run in 6 months now. Plus I ate way too much Christmas dinner. I'd say you have a chance today. ^_^

You guys fun? What events?

Site: Be there or be square
Jakey: I'm square because I'm not around
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

There's literally no wrong version for workout, all workout is good. What benj stated was something powerlifters like to do. You can always mix powerlifting/bodybuilding exercises if you want to do bit of both. That I agree is that you should always work whole body and not just upperbody which is pretty common.
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

princeofkabul wrote:There's literally no wrong version for workout, all workout is good. What benj stated was something powerlifters like to do. You can always mix powerlifting/bodybuilding exercises if you want to do bit of both. That I agree is that you should always work whole body and not just upperbody which is pretty common.

I haven't read anything else but doing workout the wrong way can put unnecesary strain on parts of your body, and you might even injure them.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

Hi guys, what did I miss. :flowers:

Mexico Kikematamitos
Musketeer
ESO: Kikematamitos

Post by Kikematamitos »

Why not in this map?
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-iHRuhqgNw[/video]
Australia Gear_Head
Skirmisher
Donator 01

Post by Gear_Head »

sdsanft wrote:
Gear_Head wrote:
Show hidden quotes

He runs 110m & 400m hurdles iirc. I ran 400m, 800m, and the relays (4x400, 4x800, DMR 1200m leg) in college. Also ran rabbit for some of our best 1500m runners. :smile:
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah
ESO: sdsanft

Post by sdsanft »

Gear_Head wrote:
sdsanft wrote:
Show hidden quotes

He runs 110m & 400m hurdles iirc. I ran 400m, 800m, and the relays (4x400, 4x800, DMR 1200m leg) in college. Also ran rabbit for some of our best 1500m runners. :smile:

This year I'm probably gonna run 1600, 3200 and maybe high jump

Site: Be there or be square
Jakey: I'm square because I'm not around
Australia Gear_Head
Skirmisher
Donator 01

Post by Gear_Head »

sdsanft wrote:
Gear_Head wrote:
Show hidden quotes

This year I'm probably gonna run 1600, 3200 and maybe high jump

Nice! Those are both great races! High jump is alot of fun too. I did it in high school. ^_^