A merry Christmas, from ESOCommunity!

No Flag AOE3_Novice
Crossbow

Re: A merry Christmas, from ESOCommunity!

Post by AOE3_Novice »

This Holiday is a menace to society. This Holiday is about exploiting people to BUY BUY BUY and to empower the corporations that always bring out the worst in people. This is a very depressing time of year where people die because of this holiday in the madness of the greediness. The Netherlands also has a racist tradition which I will not say what but it is very sad they still carry of that tradition. (I will post a link for educational purposes but beware it is very graphic and offensive) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrgdryJRCho
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqfCy26Ms4c[/youtube]
Singapore milku3459
Howdah
ESO: milku3459

Post by milku3459 »

the violence that happens on black friday has nothing to with christmas, leave it out of this
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

i am sorry you feel that way about Christmas, I can see your point about consumerism but not everyone feels that way. and saying people should not be wishing people a merry Christmas is trying to prevent people from freely expressing their religion which in America where I am from is a big deal. To a random person I would say Happy Holidays, but not in a post to someone wishing me a MerryChristmas, your prejudice is misguided in this case.

Enjoy the season!
No Flag AOE3_Novice
Crossbow

Post by AOE3_Novice »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:i am sorry you feel that way about Christmas, I can see your point about consumerism but not everyone feels that way. and saying people should not be wishing people a merry Christmas is trying to prevent people from freely expressing their religion which in America where I am from is a big deal. To a random person I would say Happy Holidays, but not in a post to someone wishing me a MerryChristmas, your prejudice is misguided in this case.

Enjoy the season!

I just feel that Christmas is a marketing tool that we've been bought into.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

not much in this world hasn't escaped a way to be monetized and exploited by corporations. Just don't let that be your focus and you can make it whatever you want it to be.
Singapore milku3459
Howdah
ESO: milku3459

Post by milku3459 »

Well, unless you're a Christian, Christmas isn't that significant. You can just stay out of it altogether if you aren't and if you are then center it on the birthday boy
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

1:11 Oh no Duber!

Merry Christmas xox
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
No Flag AOE3_Novice
Crossbow

Post by AOE3_Novice »

milku3459 wrote:Well, unless you're a Christian, Christmas isn't that significant. You can just stay out of it altogether if you aren't and if you are then center it on the birthday boy

Well I grew up as a Christian and I guess I still identity as one but damn do they piss me off. Christians really just preach and say whatever will get them to have money donated to them and exploit people for personal gain rather than do or say what Jesus said. Mainstream Christianity are a bunch of sexist bigots nowadays.
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

AOE3_Novice wrote:
milku3459 wrote:Well, unless you're a Christian, Christmas isn't that significant. You can just stay out of it altogether if you aren't and if you are then center it on the birthday boy

Well I grew up as a Christian and I guess I still identity as one but damn do they piss me off. Christians really just preach and say whatever will get them to have money donated to them and exploit people for personal gain rather than do or say what Jesus said. Mainstream Christianity are a bunch of sexist bigots nowadays.

Christians don't whinge on forums tho. This isn't a debate thread.
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
No Flag AOE3_Novice
Crossbow

Post by AOE3_Novice »

@JakeyBoyTH Woah woah check your privilege there
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah
ESO: sdsanft

Post by sdsanft »

AOE3_Novice wrote:

Did you just stereotype and generalize billions of people. I'm pretty sure only a very small percentage of Christians actually act that way (and I think it's safe to say those people are only Christian in word, but not in action).

Anyways, I would like to wish a merry Christmas or happy holidays to all of ESOC (whichever, you prefer, because honestly they aren't worth fighting over). It's been a great year for the community and I can't wait to see what next year has in store!

Site: Be there or be square
Jakey: I'm square because I'm not around
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

AOE3_Novice wrote:

careful or you might become what you detest in a mirrored version
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

Wow nice video!
:nwc:
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

How the fuck saying Merry Christmas is ofencive for some people? I think you people concern too much with words. "Oh god, he said the f word, what a sin"

Have a nice end of a year in the gregorian calendar you all.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

fuck this community
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

aoe novice must be fun at parties lol
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

princeofkabul wrote:aoe novice must be fun at parties lol

lol do u even lift novice? anyways just wanted to say princes jerom quote is super hilarious
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP
No Flag AOE3_Novice
Crossbow

Post by AOE3_Novice »

I was simply pointing out where christians struggle at and where they can improve. Christians don't even tolerate other people for crying out loud and that's how Trump got elected.
Belgium chrisie
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by chrisie »

so what did we learn from this? interjection is the father of wicked, bram is een vuile hond and that japan is the best civ because they don't need to scavenge the wilds for food (or in the case you're playing a pleb euro civ, mills OP)
No Flag AOE3_Novice
Crossbow

Post by AOE3_Novice »

I don't discriminate against drug use(alcohol included), sex or sex preference, but my drug of choice is caffeine(which is a drug) and I don't like to do any other drugs much.
No Flag AOE3_Novice
Crossbow

Post by AOE3_Novice »

sebnan12 wrote:

lol do u even lift novice? anyways just wanted to say princes jerom quote is super hilarious

Lifting isn't something I do so what of it?
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

neither me nor prince were serious.. i actually dont know bout him but hes usually behaving kind of ok considering hes from norway.. anyways hes lifting and so am i.. :) dont take ppl at the internet serious anyways .. they never behave like they do in real life eycept me ofc
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP
Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor
ESO: MCJim

Post by MCJim »

chrisie wrote:so what did we learn from this? interjection is the father of wicked, bram is een vuile hond and that japan is the best civ because they don't need to scavenge the wilds for food (or in the case you're playing a pleb euro civ, mills OP)

Exactly Chrisie! I think you are one of the few that really understand the story of Christmas!
:food: My AoE3 YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MCJimAgeofEmpiresIII
:wood: My AoE3 Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_

:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming
Netherlands dietschlander
Lancer

Post by dietschlander »

Marry Christmas everyone!
Theres going to be a dam, the great dam and we'll let the beavers pay for it - Edeholland 2016
Anyway, nuancing isn't your forte, so I'll agree with you like I would with a 8 year old: violence is bad, don't do hard drugs and stay in school Benj98
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

On behalf of the Council, let me wish you a merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and an awesome start to 2017.