Betting results: Round of 64

Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Betting results: Round of 64

Post by Goodspeed »

The ASC Summer round of 64 is behind us and this, unlike the RO128, was a volatile one when it comes to betting! The average winning odds were 3.58 up from 2.52 in the RO128, which means there were some bigger wins than last time around. This is because this time, the results were not as easily predictable by our betters. The RO64 featured two 2-1 results and a somewhat unexpected 2-0. The only expected sweeps came from kiljardi and Masterchif.

[a href="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MEhGlu6RCW85fv62Gd8pcIhhWmmAEW5YTi-F6c9-tJk/edit#gid=1172751629"]kiljardi 2-0 Kaiserklein[/a] odds 1.24
[a href="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MEhGlu6RCW85fv62Gd8pcIhhWmmAEW5YTi-F6c9-tJk/edit#gid=282089467"]Fard 2-1 tenkokugen[/a] odds 6.03
[a href="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MEhGlu6RCW85fv62Gd8pcIhhWmmAEW5YTi-F6c9-tJk/edit#gid=781639047"]KINGofOsmane 2-1 LaG_ThE_MaSTeR[/a] odds 5.71
[a href="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MEhGlu6RCW85fv62Gd8pcIhhWmmAEW5YTi-F6c9-tJk/edit#gid=792682809"]Bart331 2-0 banyboy[/a] odds 3.13
[a href="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MEhGlu6RCW85fv62Gd8pcIhhWmmAEW5YTi-F6c9-tJk/edit#gid=1195222876"]Masterchif 2-0 Stanley_Winston[/a] odds 1.8

Bart331 vs banyboy deserves a special mention, because this was the very first match so far where a 2-1 result was most expected instead of a 2-0 result. 2-1 Bart331 was the most bet on result, but of course the one time our betters favour a 2-1 result the match ends 2-0. But hey, that's the game. Even better for the people who did bet on 2-0 :)

The record of biggest profit in a single match was predictably broken this round. And I say predictably because 1104 was not a very high record (the previous tournament had several 5k+ wins and even 10k+), but it was still close. Zoom is the only better in the RO64 who managed to break lordraphael's record, he won 2130 points by betting 1000 on 2-0 Bart. He saw the odds, knew Bart had it in the bag and put his money on the line. He reaps the benefits and zooms right into the top 3 in the standings. Zoom has been known to bet intelligently before... One to watch, perhaps.

Rickytickitembo and myself form the top 2, . We both have done consistently well in the RO64 and pulled in some big wins throughout. KINGofOsmane vs LaG_ThE_MaSTeR was Ricky's biggest source of income (942 points with a solid 200 point gamble on the 2-1) whereas Fard vs tenkokugen was mine (also 200 on the 2-1). Something to note here perhaps is that we both bet low amounts of points on unexpected results, and those results happened. This is one possible strategy, where you look at the odds and try to see which result is relatively likely compared to how much it was bet on. But without getting too much into it, let's just say some well placed gambles can go a long way in betting ')

But where people win, others lose. Despite the total inflation of 6.72% so far, some betters are in a dark place. Buckethead especially, this man has only 47 points left to work with due to a big loss on the KINGofOsmane vs LaG_ThE_MaSTeR match where he bet 1000 on KING 2-0. Unlucky! Kaiserklein, gibson and mtthwsttr also need to step it up if they want to stand a chance at the victory. But hey, anything is possible. I know crazier things have happened in betting ') Veni, who is generally known as a solid better, is working his way back after heavy losses last round. He's back to 1269 points. Stay away from my first place Veni!

Our biggest gambler this time around was hwoarang. He bet 1000 points on banyboy winning 2-0 which almost no one else bet on. He would have won 10960 points if it happened. Can't really say it was close, but nice try.
And look out for Jocroy, everyone. He is betting crazy amounts of points on every match, spread carefully among the possible results. He's playing the odds and has been raking in a solid profit almost every time. He's on 2908 points right now, only 856 behind first. Another one to watch!

There is no real man to beat yet. It's me right now, but our top 10 is very close together (only 1586 points between 1st and 10th place) and anything can happen in the upcoming Round of 32. The matches are best of 5 now, so there are 2 extra results to bet on. This means higher odds, riskier bets and crazy gambles which may or may not pay off. The matches are also getting closer, so buckle up. We're in for a volatile round compared to last two and I fully expect most of the records to be broken.

This round's stats
Average winning odds: 3.58
Total points bet: 72111
Inflation: 3.42% (average points right now is 1601)
Biggest winner and biggest loser will be back next round, something went wrong in my historic data this time :(

Records
Biggest profit in a single match: zoom (RO64: Bart331 2-0 banyboy) - 2130 points
Most unexpected result: Risi123 2-1 Ovi12 (RO128) - odds 6.52
Most points bet on a single match: kiljardi vs tHe_gR1nCh (RO128) - 20925 points
Most points bet total: Jocroy - 10845 points

View the standings [a href="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MEhGlu6RCW85fv62Gd8pcIhhWmmAEW5YTi-F6c9-tJk/edit#gid=557307683"]here[/a].

[spoiler]@calmyourtits
@incog
@kingofosmane
@bramboy
@samwise12
@stubb
@lordcharlie131
@cometk
@cerebralassasin
@diarouga
@britishmusketeer
@yemshi