Post by Kickass_OP »

gg!
garja garja!
Netherlands Veni_Vidi_Vici_W
Lancer
ESO: ramex19

Re: Tit vs Hazza54321

Post by Veni_Vidi_Vici_W »

@Kynesie, assuming thats all from your pc, specs seem fine. Connection isnt ideal but should be enough, -assuming its constant-, as in similar at different times and days. I didnt get that from your post. Since you dont have that much room to play with, things like loading a youtube video (background music?) or so will impact the stability during games a lot.

Make sure you checked Garja's suggestion about the game running on that GPU. You can configure this in your Nvidia configuration panel.

As for the mods, not really much experience with those, but it could be that (some) of these interfere and/or make the game laggier than it should be. I believe aoe3 isnt coded as well as other games, so adding many mods as extra layers to be run is probably not ideal.
Age Of Empires 3 Videos - GamePlay, Commentary & Tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/venividiviciw
Age Of Empires 3 Live Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/venividivici_w
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

On a related note. Does anyone have the hotkey page option running with lag? I have it since when I added agra fort hotkeys I think. I wonder if it has anything to do with possible in game lag.
Image Image Image
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

One reasonable explanation is that your computer is opening up some torrent client on startup and is uploading from there, or that your computer frequently starts updating shit on steam. Utorrent for example can be pretty liberal about taking upload speed and will do so all the time if turned on. It's either that, the mods or that you already know about this torrent thing and are abusing it.

Another constant throughout your different connections and computers could be the LAN Cable. Maybe it is actually damaged and occasionally has a poor connection?
France Kynesie
ESOC Pro Team
ESO: kynesie

Post by Kynesie »

momuuu wrote:One reasonable explanation is that your computer is opening up some torrent client on startup and is uploading from there, or that your computer frequently starts updating shit on steam. Utorrent for example can be pretty liberal about taking upload speed and will do so all the time if turned on. It's either that, the mods or that you already know about this torrent thing and are abusing it.

Another constant throughout your different connections and computers could be the LAN Cable. Maybe it is actually damaged and occasionally has a poor connection?

I really use to have nothing in background except discrod/skype. No music, stream or dowload...
LAN Cable could be an option , maybe , idk. But cable can be the problem if speedtest are ok ??

I m 99% sure i run the game with GPU but i will check. Btw, when i right clic on exe, i don t have choice between GPU and CPU, not sure if it s normal..

about garja 's software, seems stable..
ping2.PNG
France Kynesie
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kynesie »

I will try without any UI or hotkey change tomorow , but i think i already tried this , and anyway at some point i got a problem to measure lag. Is a modification good or not for lag ? not always easy to see.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Kynesie wrote:
momuuu wrote:One reasonable explanation is that your computer is opening up some torrent client on startup and is uploading from there, or that your computer frequently starts updating shit on steam. Utorrent for example can be pretty liberal about taking upload speed and will do so all the time if turned on. It's either that, the mods or that you already know about this torrent thing and are abusing it.

I really use to have nothing in background except discrod/skype. No music, stream or dowload...
LAN Cable could be an option , maybe , idk. But cable can be the problem if speedtest are ok ??

I m 99% sure i run the game with GPU but i will check. Btw, when i right clic on exe, i don t have choice between GPU and CPU, not sure if it s normal..

about garja 's software, seems stable..
ping2.PNG

Do the ping software but then ping your own router!
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

honestly it shouldnt even matter if its run on gpu or cpu with a newer i5. I used to play on an i5 6300u ( the laptop version of his, much weaker), with integrated graphics and stream and not lag.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Please try with shorter interval (<100) and observe it for the long run. It does seem stable and few spikes here and there are normal.
However if you have constant spikes like the green and orange ones then it's basically that.

Another thing could be macros. It might be the most obvious thing actually. Like the deleting pillar thing or any other macro you might use.
Image Image Image
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Are those technically allowed or not?
France Kynesie
ESOC Pro Team

Post by Kynesie »

I will try this tomorow, can t do it atm.
Macro can cause problem for sure , but there is lag even when i dont press any key...
No Flag Djigit
Howdah

Post by Djigit »

Might be the problem Mimsy and lolokie mentioned here http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=4861&start=25#p103264
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

zoom wrote:Are those technically allowed or not?

They should not be allowed for obvious reasons. But how you prevent the use anyway.
Image Image Image
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

I'm not asking your opinion, but noted. Let me know if you know the answer, please.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Are you then asking if anticheat blocks macros? Pretty sure there is no way to tell if macro or real inputs.
Image Image Image
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

I'm asking about event rules. Are macros allowed or not?
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

at this point it seems logical to me that it comes from his macro/hotkeys or whatever he changed from the game
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

zoom wrote:I'm asking about event rules. Are macros allowed or not?

In practise, does it matter at all?
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

They qualify as exploit or mods I think. So they are not allowed.
Image Image Image
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

momuuu wrote:

I believe so, yes.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

zoom wrote:
momuuu wrote:

I believe so, yes.

Which means you must be able to enforce it. Explain to me how you will do this then?
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

There should be a rule, i agree with zoom that it matters. We cant really enforce no use of maphack either. Yet its still forbidden. And it should be.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

umeu wrote:i agree with zoom.

wow, you two are friends now :love:
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

is no moesbar ui a rule? no one ever told me!
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Kynesie wrote:@Veni_Vidi_Vici_W , @princeofcarthage ,@QueenOfdestiny
I made some tests, if someone have any opinion...

my config:
repos.PNG

About speedtest:
Paris:
paris.PNG

London:
NYC.PNG

Berlin:
Berlin.PNG

Amsterdam:
Amsterdam.PNG

NYC:
London.PNG

Then i monitor my PC in a aoe3 room:

config.PNG

Then in early game . More or less always 144fps.
early game.PNG

Then in very late game ( more than 3000 score) . My fps down between 40 and 60 . and go to 100 when most units die.
late game.PNG

what's the last program you are using, that measures temperature, FPS etc.