ESOC Autumn Championship 2018

New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Re: ESOC Autumn Championship 2018

Post by zoom »

Kaiserklein wrote:I think at this point, with this kind of small community, entertainment is more important. Same maps over and over again are gonna be boring to play, cast and watch. We'll see if it brings some insane gameplay, but I doubt it.
Nine isn't too few, though.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

zoom wrote:How much of the prize pool is financed at this time?

All of it
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

gibson wrote:I work 25-30 hours a week, am a full time student, go out at least once a week, and still have time to game 20 or so hours a week
NERD!
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

zoom wrote:As much as I appreciate the tournament, I'm concerned with the prize-pool. Apart from being a ludicrous amount, considering the state of competitive AoE3, $1500 is irresponsible and jeopardizes ESOC's capacity to stage future events. $1000 already was irresponsible and ridiculous.
For ESOC, this is a very serious issue, one that absoutely must be considered. The tournament is about to start, and ESOC has funded just about a third of the prize pool, on top of which it aspires (presumably) to hold future events. What is ESOC leadership doing!?

Is there any responsible individual who cares to address this? Actually, come to think of it, it's probably just the one.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

zoom wrote:
zoom wrote:As much as I appreciate the tournament, I'm concerned with the prize-pool. Apart from being a ludicrous amount, considering the state of competitive AoE3, $1500 is irresponsible and jeopardizes ESOC's capacity to stage future events. $1000 already was irresponsible and ridiculous.
Is there any responsible individual who cares to address this? Actually, come to think of it, it's probably just Ryan.

I agree with you. I think in the weekend tournaments we spent too much of our money and there isn't a reason to go above 1000 dollars for a normal seasonal.
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Post by musketeer925 »

zoom wrote:
For ESOC, this is a very serious issue, one that absoutely must be considered. The tournament is about to start, and ESOC has funded just about a third of the prize pool, on top of which it aspires (presumably) to hold future events. What is ESOC leadership doing!?

Is there any responsible individual who cares to address this? Actually, come to think of it, it's probably just the one.

The prize pool for this event is funded. Donations now are going towards the next event.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

In that case I've been misinformed by an admin and ESOCTV. Thank you for clarifying. Still, I am very concerned about funding future events when all the money is spent on one.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I personally feel very optimistic about ESOC future funding.
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

I'm pretty sure every event we've ever hosted except for the very first one has been fully funded ahead of time, no?
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Post by musketeer925 »

zoom wrote:In that case I've been misinformed by an admin and ESOCTV. Thank you for clarifying. Still, I am very concerned about funding future events when all the money is spent on one.

Agree, it would be nice if we safely had another fully funded tournament in the queue.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Mitoe wrote:I'm pretty sure every event we've ever hosted except for the very first one has been fully funded ahead of time, no?
Assuming that is the case in the first place, that trend is unlikely to continue given ESOC's trend of adding $500 to the prize pool with every event, as well as recent donation trends. How trendy!

Spending every penny at every point in time possible is poor money-management (of which I know more than most, I'm sure). On its own, it makes me concerned for ESOC's future. In perspective, it's far worse, because who whoever made that decision definitely has no business making such decisions, yet is somehow allowed to keep making them. Yikes!

Finally, I'm still waiting for whoever is responsible to explain how this is responsible or sustainable – let alone both.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

zoom wrote:
Mitoe wrote:I'm pretty sure every event we've ever hosted except for the very first one has been fully funded ahead of time, no?
Assuming that is the case in the first place, that trend is unlikely to continue given ESOC's trend of adding $500 to the prize pool with every event, as well as recent donation trends. How trendy!

Spending every penny at every point in time possible is poor money-management (of which I know more than most, I'm sure). On its own, it makes me concerned for ESOC's future. In perspective, it's far worse, because who whoever made that decision definitely has no business making such decisions, yet is somehow allowed to keep making them. Yikes!

Finally, I'm still waiting for whoever is responsible to explain how this is responsible or sustainable – let alone both.

I think you're missing out on key information needed to make all of these claims and if Ryan is involved with it in any way I trust his experience in the realm of budgeting and financial management to be very sound.
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

zoom wrote:

This prize pool is very doable; I'm certain it will have little effect on the events that follow this one next year.

Your concerns about the size of the prize pool is fair, but you can rest assured that we are not just tossing money around thoughtlessly.

I would also appreciate it if you could adjust your tone in future discussions of this nature.