Japanese
16%

Total votes: 75

Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor
ESO: QueenOfdestiny

NYC MONO CIV (Poll)

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

The sign-ups are closed now... People ask... WHAT CIV'S WE WILL SEE???

A lot of different civilizations are picked but
What will be the most chosen one????
Which one do you think it will be

I will uncover it at 0 GMT today!

FYIGarja and breeze aren't civilisations :shock:
shit juice :hmm:
Germany koenigerik1
Pro Player
ESO: snowww

Re: NYC MONO CIV (Poll)

Post by koenigerik1 »

Pretty sure Indians
Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor
ESO: BrookG

Post by BrookG »

Top 3 are gonna be British, Indians and Dutch with that order
Correlation doesn't mean causation.
http://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

"mr.brookg go buy jeans and goto the club with somppuli" - Princeofkabul, July 2018
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

is it too late to change civ?
France flontier
Lancer
Intermediate Division Winner
ESO: Flontier
Clan: PLOP

Post by flontier »

INDIAN "MONOCIV" TOURNAMENT.

Seriously i hope players will show a bit of originality and are going to play underused civ like spain, russia, azzy...
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

France, of course
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Yeah everyone going india will be refreshing
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France Guigs
Tournament Admin
ESO: Guigs

Post by Guigs »

Kaiserklein wrote:Yeah everyone going india will be refreshing

I see one guy picked german, i wonder who it is...
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor
ESO: QueenOfdestiny

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

I see some people are wrong and some right here :D
shit juice :hmm:
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

BrookG wrote:Top 3 are gonna be British, Indians and Dutch with that order

Those are probably all three good and relevant picks. All three are also good on no TP maps, are currently strong meta civs and counter eachother (Brits > Dutch, Dutch > India and India > Brits) which means they are all relatively decently positioned.

Considering that however, I've been wondering how good of a pick aztec would have been. In my opinion they have a solid match up against Dutch and India and can, depending on the map pool, also do well against british. They are also pretty good against the other no TP civs that are solid: China and Japan fear Aztec and Aztec vs Russia seems okay.

However, I do feel like there are few aztec mains and that there will be many players picking what they are good at rather than what is best.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

momuuu wrote:

Those are probably all three good and relevant picks. All three are also good on no TP maps, are currently strong meta civs and counter eachother (Brits > Dutch, Dutch > India and India > Brits) which means they are all relatively decently positioned.

Considering that however, I've been wondering how good of a pick aztec would have been. In my opinion they have a solid match up against Dutch and India and can, depending on the map pool, also do well against british. They are also pretty good against the other no TP civs that are solid: China and Japan fear Aztec and Aztec vs Russia seems okay.

However, I do feel like there are few aztec mains and that there will be many players picking what they are good at rather than what is best.

Brits>India*
Aztecs can't really do well against british, the MU is quite one-sided tbh.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
momuuu wrote:

Brits>India*
Aztecs can't really do well against british, the MU is quite one-sided tbh.

That is true, until you start considering more low res maps, then it might be bearable. I don't know what the mappool will be like though.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Round of 32: Mendocino / Cascade Range / Florida / Klondike / Pampas Sierras / Hudson Bay / Fertile Crescent
Round of 16: Cascade Range / Florida / Klondike / Pampas Sierras / Hudson Bay / Fertile Crescent / Mendocino
Quarter finals: Florida / Klondike / Pampas Sierras / Hudson Bay / Fertile Crescent / Mendocino / Cascade Range
Semi-finals: Klondike / Pampas Sierras / Hudson Bay / Fertile Crescent / Mendocino / Cascade Range / Florida
Finals and 3rd/4th Place: Pampas Sierras / Hudson Bay / Fertile Crescent / Mendocino / Cascade Range / Florida / Klondike

Anyway, even on low resource maps, the MU is close, and very Brit favoured on high resource maps.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:Round of 32: Mendocino / Cascade Range / Florida / Klondike / Pampas Sierras / Hudson Bay / Fertile Crescent
Round of 16: Cascade Range / Florida / Klondike / Pampas Sierras / Hudson Bay / Fertile Crescent / Mendocino
Quarter finals: Florida / Klondike / Pampas Sierras / Hudson Bay / Fertile Crescent / Mendocino / Cascade Range
Semi-finals: Klondike / Pampas Sierras / Hudson Bay / Fertile Crescent / Mendocino / Cascade Range / Florida
Finals and 3rd/4th Place: Pampas Sierras / Hudson Bay / Fertile Crescent / Mendocino / Cascade Range / Florida / Klondike

Anyway, even on low resource maps, the MU is close, and very Brit favoured on high resource maps.

Pampas Sierras/Fertile Crescent/Cascade range should definitely be playable for Aztec and Klondike doesn't seem that bad right? Granted it is definitely not ideal, but if that's the big downside of your pick with it being pretty good in most other match ups then it does seem fine. The perfect pick probably doesn't and shouldn't exist.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Why would Pampas Sierras be especially good for Aztecs?
Also, although aztecs don't rely as much as semi ff civs on TPs, you usually want to build a TP from 700w, and stagecoach is great against boomy civs. So they suffer more than dutch/brit from no TP maps.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Aztecs beat Brits on most maps but lose to india in pretty much every map. If it wasn't for India, Aztecs would be a good pick overall.
Also French is probably still a very good pick. You are granted solid age1 and they are fine on most maps even no TP, especially since they both have very strong nats to use in some MUs.
Image Image Image
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

India is ok, Brit is the real issue.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Both brits and india are really strong and work on almost all types of maps
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:Why would Pampas Sierras be especially good for Aztecs?
Also, although aztecs don't rely as much as semi ff civs on TPs, you usually want to build a TP from 700w, and stagecoach is great against boomy civs. So they suffer more than dutch/brit from no TP maps.

pampas sierras is a bit low on hunts. Do you think the 5 klondike TPs could be reasonable for aztec in the expected meta?
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

5 tp maps are good for azzy because they control the map
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

momuuu wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:Why would Pampas Sierras be especially good for Aztecs?

pampas sierras is a bit low on hunts. Do you think the 5 klondike TPs could be reasonable for aztec in the expected meta?

Pampas Sierras isn't really low on hunts. I don't think that the Aztecs vs Brits would be good for azz tbh.
Klondike is great ofc, but if you go for a TP boom, you're might get cheesed and lose your fb, so it's not a free win at all.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

The diversity is actually way better than I would have ever guessed. Should be awesome to watch!
mad cuz bad
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Regardless, Aztec seems like a decently positioned pick. Although I must say I feel like expertly played Dutch/India can beat Aztec still and of course the match up vs Brits isn't great. I don't think the match ups vs Germany and France are great and while I don't think those civs are good picks I think they are relatively popular civs amongst players that will get picked regardless.

Maybe you shouldn't overanalyze and just pick India.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

n0el wrote:The diversity is actually way better than I would have ever guessed. Should be awesome to watch!

I guess it shows that the patch is well-balanced, and that we shouldn't go for a shit patch.