KickAss vs tabben

Argentina AraGun
Lancer
ESO: AraGun_OP

Re: KickAss vs tabben

Post by AraGun »

How is aoe3 a p2p game when all p2p games only lag for the person with lag not for the rest.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

AraGun wrote:Yea so where are everyones homecities and account information saved??

Yes, the ESO server exists of course, and has things such as homecities stored on it. However, that doesn't mean it is utilized for operating a multiplayer game match between players (which it isn't).
And dont you have to access this every time you send a card or choose a deck?
This information is not saved on peoples computers- So there has to be a server-

No, the homecity is already loaded when you go into a match. You don't need to communicate with ESO in order to send cards during a match.

AraGun wrote:How is aoe3 a p2p game when all p2p games only lag for the person with lag not for the rest.

Like, which one? Seems to work similarly in all p2p games I've played (AoEO/AoE2/AoM/DoW...). I would say the opposite is true, perhaps even by definition. When players are not communicating directly, it should be harder/impossible for them to cause lag for the other player.

Ask yourself this; how come you can finish a multiplayer match while the ESO server crashes and restarts, if things are not working through p2p? You can also monitor your outgoing traffic with tools such as Wireshark to see there are no game packets being sent to ESO while you're playing.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

zoom wrote:...Unfortunately, there is no server in the first place...

gg
Great Britain ListlessSalmon
Skirmisher
ESO: ListlessSalmon

Post by ListlessSalmon »

EAGLEMUT wrote:
AraGun wrote:And dont you have to access this every time you send a card or choose a deck?
This information is not saved on peoples computers- So there has to be a server-

No, the homecity is already loaded when you go into a match. You don't need to communicate with ESO in order to send cards during a match.

As an example of Eaglemut's point here, you can see all of the decks of the chosen home city (at the time of the game) in a recorded game. And that clearly isn't taking information from ESO, so the game gets the HC info when the match loads.
Brazil Kickass_OP
Lancer
ESO: Kickass

Post by Kickass_OP »

If the problem is the lag, I gave up the championship. I will not sign up again, sorry for embarrassing them.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Aralag saying lag is the fault of Europeans and Americans because he doesn't understand how things work. What a way to start off 2019.
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

AraGun wrote:How is aoe3 a p2p game when all p2p games only lag for the person with lag not for the rest.

Its actually the other way around...if you play on a server it will only lag for players with a bad connection, while in p2p all connected players will pretty much be affected by the person with the worst ping. (Simple Answer)
r]
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

There is a point for lag post deck selection, even tho it probably has nothing to do with net. Maybe it's extra hard disk work and that might be bad for someone's PC (hard disk is known to be a common bottleneck), even if it's very little data to be read.
Image Image Image
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

momuuu wrote:Aralag saying lag is the fault of Europeans and Americans because he doesn't understand how things work. What a way to start off 2019.

europeans and americans can lag too. I have better internet in SEA than I had in NL. and for example mitoe also has bad net depending on where he is. And he's not the only one. Just that because most players come from this region and play with each other, it doesn't make that much of a difference.
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

Guys sometimes being able to play in lagless conditions is out of one's control. Tabben's a grt player and an awesome guy he showed that by letting kickass re after the drop and by waiting for him for over 2 hrs. But let's not take everything away from kickass. He has been getting better and better at the game for a long time. And personally I don't feel much lag with him. If tabben had won 3-0 there would be no such discussion abt lag.
And @Kickass_OP Bro u gotta keep playing and win this tournament ;) Lol look at kynesie people called the poor guy a lagger for the longest time and look at him today being part of the best series since the first finals
Canada hayasaka
Crossbow
ESO: Hayasaka

Post by hayasaka »

rsy wrote:Guys sometimes being able to play in lagless conditions is out of one's control. Tabben's a grt player and an awesome guy he showed that by letting kickass re after the drop and by waiting for him for over 2 hrs. But let's not take everything away from kickass. He has been getting better and better at the game for a long time. And personally I don't feel much lag with him. If tabben had won 3-0 there would be no such discussion abt lag.
And @Kickass_OP Bro u gotta keep playing and win this tournament ;) Lol look at kynesie people called the poor guy a lagger for the longest time and look at him today being part of the best series since the first finals

thats something i wanted to hear, i was sad reading all those stuff :/
#KICKASSOP
keep watching the sky :smile:
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

rsy wrote:Guys sometimes being able to play in lagless conditions is out of one's control. Tabben's a grt player and an awesome guy he showed that by letting kickass re after the drop and by waiting for him for over 2 hrs. But let's not take everything away from kickass. He has been getting better and better at the game for a long time. And personally I don't feel much lag with him. If tabben had won 3-0 there would be no such discussion abt lag.

I played kickass a while ago and during a big fight the delay was insane. It was basically attack move and hands off the keyboard. I know some lag is to be expected and I dont know how bad the lag was, but unless kickass's connection/pc drastically improved he shouldnt be allowed to play in tournaments.
Brazil Kickass_OP
Lancer

Post by Kickass_OP »

Jerom you do not have the moral to say what I do of my life. You feel annoyed that I've always found you the junk player. Of all the opinions its the one that matters least.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

but he doesn't say so? lol
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Kickass_OP wrote:Jerom you do not have the moral to say what I do of my life. You feel annoyed that I've always found you the junk player. Of all the opinions its the one that matters least.

I didn't say what you do with your life, I said that you should be excluded from tournaments if you still lag as much as I remember.

Also I have no clue what junk player means? Do you mean I'm a lagger? I guess my 6 ms ping to the closest server is causing quite some lag :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:
Brazil Kickass_OP
Lancer

Post by Kickass_OP »

Junk = trash
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Kickass_OP wrote:Junk = trash

I guess that's that.
Argentina AraGun
Lancer

Post by AraGun »

momuuu wrote:Aralag saying lag is the fault of Europeans and Americans because he doesn't understand how things work. What a way to start off 2019.

Dude ur name is momuu... enuf said.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

momuuu wrote:
Kickass_OP wrote:Jerom you do not have the moral to say what I do of my life. You feel annoyed that I've always found you the junk player. Of all the opinions its the one that matters least.

I didn't say what you do with your life, I said that you should be excluded from tournaments if you still lag as much as I remember.

Also I have no clue what junk player means? Do you mean I'm a lagger? I guess my 6 ms ping to the closest server is causing quite some lag :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:
I mean most people are gonna have a sub 10 ping to the closest server lol, even kickass
Argentina AraGun
Lancer

Post by AraGun »

EAGLEMUT wrote:
AraGun wrote:Yea so where are everyones homecities and account information saved??

Yes, the ESO server exists of course, and has things such as homecities stored on it. However, that doesn't mean it is utilized for operating a multiplayer game match between players (which it isn't).
And dont you have to access this every time you send a card or choose a deck?

Like, which one? Seems to work similarly in all p2p games I've played (AoEO/AoE2/AoM/DoW...). I would say the opposite is true, perhaps even by definition. When players are not communicating directly, it should be harder/impossible for them to cause lag for the other player.

Ask yourself this; how come you can finish a multiplayer match while the ESO server crashes and restarts, if things are not working through p2p? You can also monitor your outgoing traffic with tools such as Wireshark to see there are no game packets being sent to ESO while you're playing.

Finally someone with more the 2 cents for a brain replies something useful. Thanks eaglemut this did make sense.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

gibson wrote:
momuuu wrote:

I mean most people are gonna have a sub 10 ping to the closest server lol, even kickass

ye people always come up with that number but its basically meaningless, shouldnt you measure ping to the server closest to the other player?
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

I used to have worse internet and thus worse ping to the server. Ultimately I think the delay for a signal to travel to the other side of the globe is only about 300-500 ms. Any other lag is caused by bad internet which should be visible if you check your ping.
Brazil Kickass_OP
Lancer

Post by Kickass_OP »

My connection is 50 mb
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

There's also computer lag. I play on a laptop and I've noticed there's more lag at times when it's been working four hours+
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

then play on low graphics

AraGun wrote:Finally someone with more the 2 cents for a brain replies something useful. Thanks eaglemut this did make sense.

what a way to sum yourself up :hehe: