Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Re: KickAss vs tabben

Post by gibson »

umeu wrote:
gibson wrote:
Show hidden quotes
I mean most people are gonna have a sub 10 ping to the closest server lol, even kickass

ye people always come up with that number but its basically meaningless, shouldnt you measure ping to the server closest to the other player?
exactly. Pinging a server 500 feet from you is meaningless cause got aren't connecting to that server for anything game related. Most tests will allow you to change the location of the server you ping to. I ping 0 to the server in my city and 125 to Paris, only one of those is relevant when im playing castitty
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

gibson wrote:
umeu wrote:
Show hidden quotes

ye people always come up with that number but its basically meaningless, shouldnt you measure ping to the server closest to the other player?
exactly. Pinging a server 500 feet from you is meaningless cause got aren't connecting to that server for anything game related. Most tests will allow you to change the location of the server you ping to. I ping 0 to the server in my city and 125 to Paris, only one of those is relevant when im playing castitty

But the one to your city is actually the most relevant one (which probably isnt 0 but 1-5 ms). If your internet is very shitty you will ping much more to a closeby server, and even though you will also ping more to paris then it is easier to realize your internet is shit by pinging a close server that should have a very low ping if your internet is fine. Like I said, I used to have ~30 ms ping to the closest server.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

It is 0 and it is literally irrelevant for aoe unless I am playing someone in my city.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

gibson wrote:It is 0 and it is literally irrelevant for aoe unless I am playing someone in my city.

It is relevant. That means you have fast internet and that someone like Kickass will probably be the negative factor. I bet kickass has like 50-100 ping to a closeby server. I think that also means that your ping to all areas in the world is basically optimal.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

That's just stupid. You're looking at something that generally has some correlation( but doesn't always) when you have the information that literally is (one of) the determining factor. For example when I lived with my parents I had 2 ping on speed test because my ISP was located like half a mile from my house even though my internet was bad.
Brazil look
Howdah
ESO: LoOk_tOm

Post by look »

shut up guys and play!
Kaiser sucks
Garja Noob
grunt the best
Kickass God
BSOP OP
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Before any internet stat, you need to be sure what you're measuring is reliable. If you are on wifi you first need to check if the signal is consistent and doesn't randomly drop. Then do the same for the values outside of the LAN, etc.
Also need to check your PC works fine from start to end. I used to have overheating problems in past with my old laptop. It was fine for 8-9 mins, then suddendly lag because the CPU would overheat and throttle down.
Image Image Image
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

So you were the lagger!
Argentina AraGun
Lancer
ESO: AraGun_OP

Post by AraGun »

pecelot wrote:then play on low graphics

AraGun wrote:Finally someone with more the 2 cents for a brain replies something useful. Thanks eaglemut this did make sense.

what a way to sum yourself up :hehe:

Touche

Can you random bots pls stop attacking me.. At least talk about the topic and add a flame for me in your argument dont go totaly off topic like the retard that i quoted just to flame me.

Lag has many factors not just internet speed. Kickass does lag. He still beat tabben. Dont think we can learn anything else from this topic.
Germany Oliveza
Pro Player
ESO: Oliveza

Post by Oliveza »

@Everyone

1. Take a Deep Breath
2. Take a :flowers:
3. And now all STFU
:flowers:
Stop Bitching and Crying and Harrasing Kickass , he prob cant do anything about his connection, Im living in Germany and I also had only a 5mbit Connection until 5y ago. He isnt responible for the bad net in his Country and he cant do shit about it.
Ofc its stupid to Play vs even 0.5 sec delay and its unplayable if you have a Kite heavy composition.
But then Maybe there should be a restriction or sth idk.

Still this Threat went super off Topic rlly fast (btw its KickAss vs tabben Results)
and I think its inappropriate to be so Toxic vs Kickass.
:mds: > BIGS
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

Oliveza wrote:@Everyone

1. Take a Deep Breath
3. And now all STFU
Stop Bitching and Crying and Harrasing Kickass , he prob cant do anything about his connection, Im living in Germany and I also had only a 5mbit Connection until 5y ago. He isnt responible for the bad net in his Country and he cant do shit about it.
Ofc its stupid to Play vs even 0.5 sec delay and its unplayable if you have a Kite heavy composition.

Still this Threat went super off Topic rlly fast (btw its KickAss vs tabben Results)

Accuses everyone of being toxic to Kickass
Says STFU to literally everyone
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Post by Sargsyan »

Ashvin wrote:
Oliveza wrote:@Everyone

1. Take a Deep Breath
3. And now all STFU

Accuses everyone of being toxic to Kickass
Says STFU to literally everyone

Stfu
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

momuuu wrote:
gibson wrote:It is 0 and it is literally irrelevant for aoe unless I am playing someone in my city.

It is relevant. That means you have fast internet and that someone like Kickass will probably be the negative factor. I bet kickass has like 50-100 ping to a closeby server. I think that also means that your ping to all areas in the world is basically optimal.

Technically speaking, it is not entirely true.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

IAmSoldieR wrote:So you were the lagger!

I'm talking of like 2008-2010 when I had kinda bad laptop. Also occasionally on next laptop in summer after using the same thermal paste for a while.
Thing is at least I check those things. Most people have no clue.
Image Image Image
Brazil Kickass_OP
Lancer
ESO: Kickass

Post by Kickass_OP »

Tabben 2k19!
Brazil look
Howdah
ESO: LoOk_tOm

Post by look »