France [Armag] diarouga
Gendarme
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

28 Jan 2019, 20:02

bwinner1 wrote:I think game 3 restart was gold start and not wood si we can blame you @Diarouga

Game 3 restart was wood start. Nice try though. There's no way my timing gets crushed that hard against a gold start lol.
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

28 Jan 2019, 20:11

When is this game being played?
36: This herd, was not herded correctly towards his town center
United States of America musketeer925
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925
GameRanger ID: 451878

28 Jan 2019, 20:33

Snuden wrote:When is this game being played?

...yesterday?
Italy Garja
ESOC Maps Team
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

28 Jan 2019, 20:47

Klondike should have been puma+coyote with stagecoach.
[Armag] diarouga wrote:Game 3 restart was wood start. Nice try though. There's no way my timing gets crushed that hard against a gold start lol.

Timing with mace puma is not good vs Germans. They have all the time to setup any combo they want and in particular dopp+ulhans. German pop count at 8-9 is the highest of any civ, even tho it's inflated by its pop inefficient units.
TP start helps but doesn't make a huge difference since you also get a TP with Aztecs. The fact that you don't pressure early on makes possible for Germans to send 3sw 700w instead of 700w 3sw with increased efficiency.
Kiribati SirCallen
Gendarme
ESO: KTRAlN

28 Jan 2019, 20:52

Don't 1k res in puma coyo just lost to 500 res of dops.
and the giving famishes the craving
sweet thames, run softly, til I end my song

The shepherd's staff's tantalus around my neck

let the water
touch the tongue
Canada Mitoe
ESOC Media Team
EWTNWC LAN Top 8
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

28 Jan 2019, 20:55

I agree with Garja. Coy/Puma with a few mace does just fine--uhlans can't keep the army engaged the same way they can vs mace heavy compositions. 15-20 Mace deals with dopps just fine because you 1 shot dopps at 15+, so you can kite or focus very easily while the rest of your army fights.
France Kaiserklein
Gendarme
NWC LAN 4th place
GameRanger ID: 5529322

28 Jan 2019, 21:00

Imo most important thing is having enough maces to one shoot dops (so yeah 15 or more) and enough pumas to be safe. Pumas are the only unit that blocks dops, and they kill uhlans in 3 hits, so they're quite important
Micro tricks

LoOk_tOm: I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..

France [Armag] diarouga
Gendarme
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

28 Jan 2019, 21:13

Garja wrote:Klondike should have been puma+coyote with stagecoach.
[Armag] diarouga wrote:Game 3 restart was wood start. Nice try though. There's no way my timing gets crushed that hard against a gold start lol.

Timing with mace puma is not good vs Germans. They have all the time to setup any combo they want and in particular dopp+ulhans. German pop count at 8-9 is the highest of any civ, even tho it's inflated by its pop inefficient units.
TP start helps but doesn't make a huge difference since you also get a TP with Aztecs. The fact that you don't pressure early on makes possible for Germans to send 3sw 700w instead of 700w 3sw with increased efficiency.

Without TP start timing is fine. TP makes a huge difference because Aztec shipments come fast anyway, and shipments are a lot more important for Germany.

Forum Info

Return to “Semi-Finals”