Acergame09 vs Kynesie

No Flag aoefan4life
Lancer

Acergame09 vs Kynesie

Post by aoefan4life »

diarouga wrote:
aoefan4life wrote:I think AOE3 tournaments end up destroying the community after a while. The salt is everywhere and it keeps on piling up.
Tournaments are meant to make the game more active but actually it makes good players leave...
There should have a losers bracket to give someone another chance. I say we have a double elimination or something like that.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Acergame09 vs Kynesie

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

aoefan4life wrote:
diarouga wrote:Tournaments are meant to make the game more active but actually it makes good players leave...
There should have a losers bracket to give someone another chance. I say we have a double elimination or something like that.
What would it change? People just rage quit after (or even before often) loosing, so Fard/garja in the last tournament and bsop in that one wouldnt play anyway.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Acergame09 vs Kynesie

Post by zoom »

That's to do with individual persons and their respective issues rather than tournaments and good players.
Germany fard
Dragoon
ESO: Fard

Acergame09 vs Kynesie

Post by fard »

diarouga wrote:
aoefan4life wrote:There should have a losers bracket to give someone another chance. I say we have a double elimination or something like that.
What would it change? People just rage quit after (or even before often) loosing, so Fard/garja in the last tournament and bsop in that one wouldnt play anyway.

Rage? Thats the 2nd time u talk about me without knowing anything dia...its gettint annoying so plis dont do dis to me. If u wanna see rage, look at roby after his loss. And compare it to mine. Do i seem like i wanna destroy the game or hack everyone? Hell no
No Flag abbadan
Skirmisher

Acergame09 vs Kynesie

Post by abbadan »

[face=verdana]Well Acer won, and handily it seems. I''m a bit of a psychologist in real life, and I can only tell you all that we''re seeing perfectly NORMAL behavior from a batch of extremely competitive "alpha dogs" , none of whom - of course - loses often. These types of people have real trouble actually seeing a "game as just a game" (though they have no problem telling it to others..) Their craft/sport/metier is a MAJOR part of their identity - whether it''s in badminton, spelling bees or corporate earnings - and being second best (or worse!) is painful, while being best is something to glorify and advertise.
AoEfan4Life &' diarouga are spot-on in pointing out that the "wounds" inflicted on the many by the victorious few go on for a long time and since "there can be only one winner" (and all alpha competitors are too sophisticated to be fooled into accepting some gay consolation prize/award) there are going to be a lot more frowns than smiles generated by any tournament. People remember the pain long after the pleasure is assimilated and passe`' human nature, read it in Shakespeare (Marc Anthony''s eulogy in Julius Shakespeare, I think. I take pride in knowing stuff, cuz I SUK at AoE3... oh well.)
On the other hand, alpha competitors love to compete and love to assert their top-dog status, so tournaments are natural and historically prominent in all cultures throughout time. Men gotta see who''s best and give him the laurels and adulation until such time as he is surpassed by the next hero. Everyone else - past heroes, especially, lick their wounds and plot and wait for the next opportunity to assert their supremacy, or lick their wounds and retire.

BTW, why does it take so long to post results of matches?[/face]
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Acergame09 vs Kynesie

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

abbadan wrote:[face=verdana]Well Acer won, and handily it seems. I''''m a bit of a psychologist in real life, and I can only tell you all that we''''re seeing perfectly NORMAL behavior from a batch of extremely competitive "alpha dogs" , none of whom - of course - loses often. These types of people have real trouble actually seeing a "game as just a game" (though they have no problem telling it to others..) Their craft/sport/metier is a MAJOR part of their identity - whether it''''s in badminton, spelling bees or corporate earnings - and being second best (or worse!) is painful, while being best is something to glorify and advertise.
AoEfan4Life &' diarouga are spot-on in pointing out that the "wounds" inflicted on the many by the victorious few go on for a long time and since "there can be only one winner" (and all alpha competitors are too sophisticated to be fooled into accepting some gay consolation prize/award) there are going to be a lot more frowns than smiles generated by any tournament. People remember the pain long after the pleasure is assimilated and passe`' human nature, read it in Shakespeare (Marc Anthony''''s eulogy in Julius Shakespeare, I think. I take pride in knowing stuff, cuz I SUK at AoE3... oh well.)
On the other hand, alpha competitors love to compete and love to assert their top-dog status, so tournaments are natural and historically prominent in all cultures throughout time. Men gotta see who''''s best and give him the laurels and adulation until such time as he is surpassed by the next hero. Everyone else - past heroes, especially, lick their wounds and plot and wait for the next opportunity to assert their supremacy, or lick their wounds and retire.

I think youre right, I care much about tournaments so thats normal to be pissed when I loose because of bad conditions while Im better isnt it?
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Acergame09 vs Kynesie

Post by momuuu »

abbadan wrote:[face=verdana]Well Acer won, and handily it seems. I''''m a bit of a psychologist in real life, and I can only tell you all that we''''re seeing perfectly NORMAL behavior from a batch of extremely competitive "alpha dogs" , none of whom - of course - loses often. These types of people have real trouble actually seeing a "game as just a game" (though they have no problem telling it to others..) Their craft/sport/metier is a MAJOR part of their identity - whether it''''s in badminton, spelling bees or corporate earnings - and being second best (or worse!) is painful, while being best is something to glorify and advertise.
AoEfan4Life &' diarouga are spot-on in pointing out that the "wounds" inflicted on the many by the victorious few go on for a long time and since "there can be only one winner" (and all alpha competitors are too sophisticated to be fooled into accepting some gay consolation prize/award) there are going to be a lot more frowns than smiles generated by any tournament. People remember the pain long after the pleasure is assimilated and passe`' human nature, read it in Shakespeare (Marc Anthony''''s eulogy in Julius Shakespeare, I think. I take pride in knowing stuff, cuz I SUK at AoE3... oh well.)
On the other hand, alpha competitors love to compete and love to assert their top-dog status, so tournaments are natural and historically prominent in all cultures throughout time. Men gotta see who''''s best and give him the laurels and adulation until such time as he is surpassed by the next hero. Everyone else - past heroes, especially, lick their wounds and plot and wait for the next opportunity to assert their supremacy, or lick their wounds and retire.

Does that mean Im not an alpha dog because Im happy I got to ro64? Damn :(
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Acergame09 vs Kynesie

Post by gibson »

jerom wrote:
abbadan wrote:[face=verdana]Well Acer won, and handily it seems. I''''''''m a bit of a psychologist in real life, and I can only tell you all that we''''''''re seeing perfectly NORMAL behavior from a batch of extremely competitive "alpha dogs" , none of whom - of course - loses often. These types of people have real trouble actually seeing a "game as just a game" (though they have no problem telling it to others..) Their craft/sport/metier is a MAJOR part of their identity - whether it''''''''s in badminton, spelling bees or corporate earnings - and being second best (or worse!) is painful, while being best is something to glorify and advertise.
AoEfan4Life & diarouga are spot-on in pointing out that the "wounds" inflicted on the many by the victorious few go on for a long time and since "there can be only one winner" (and all alpha competitors are too sophisticated to be fooled into accepting some gay consolation prize/award) there are going to be a lot more frowns than smiles generated by any tournament. People remember the pain long after the pleasure is assimilated and passe`' human nature, read it in Shakespeare (Marc Anthony''''''''s eulogy in Julius Shakespeare, I think. I take pride in knowing stuff, cuz I SUK at AoE3... oh well.)
On the other hand, alpha competitors love to compete and love to assert their top-dog status, so tournaments are natural and historically prominent in all cultures throughout time. Men gotta see who''''''''s best and give him the laurels and adulation until such time as he is surpassed by the next hero. Everyone else - past heroes, especially, lick their wounds and plot and wait for the next opportunity to assert their supremacy, or lick their wounds and retire.

Does that mean Im not an alpha dog because Im happy I got to ro64? Damn :(

Youre more of an alpha dog than me, who forfeited a very winnable first round just because I didnt feel like playing atm lol
No Flag SaDe
Crossbow

Acergame09 vs Kynesie

Post by SaDe »

You also agreed to the terms to play dia and u got outplayed. Better luck next tournament maybe you do better and learn from your mistakes.

#acergod09isOP