User avatar
Germany aligator92
Howdah
Posts: 1048
ESO: aligator92

26 Jul 2020, 18:52

Hey guys,
my EP just updated itself (to 8.2.2.0 I think) and the window where I choose the patch still opens but when I click EP, it gives me an error message about being unable to create a protocol file. It tells me to make sure I have the permissions for the installation directory and that I have enough disc space. It ends with: permission denied.

I tried running it as administrator, didn't change things. I am the only user profile anyway and I have never had this before.
I got a tourny match which is supposed to start in 10 minutes :cry:

Error.PNG
Error.PNG (358.82 KiB) Viewed 446 times
User avatar
Austria knusch
Pro Player
EWTDonator 01
Posts: 706

26 Jul 2020, 18:55

if it makes u feel better, it works for me ;)
User avatar
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
Posts: 3922
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Location: [WPact]

26 Jul 2020, 18:57

Don't think I've heard of that before, try reinstalling completely: https://eso-community.net/download/file.php?type=exe&patch=latest
Image
momuuu wrote:theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
User avatar
Germany aligator92
Howdah
Posts: 1048
ESO: aligator92

26 Jul 2020, 18:59

EAGLEMUT wrote:Don't think I've heard of that before, try reinstalling completely: https://eso-community.net/download/file.php?type=exe&patch=latest

Do I need to uninstall it manually first or does the installer take care of that?
User avatar
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
Posts: 3922
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Location: [WPact]

26 Jul 2020, 19:00

aligator92 wrote:
EAGLEMUT wrote:Don't think I've heard of that before, try reinstalling completely: https://eso-community.net/download/file.php?type=exe&patch=latest

Do I need to uninstall it manually first or does the installer take care of that?

Takes care of that.
User avatar
Germany aligator92
Howdah
Posts: 1048
ESO: aligator92

26 Jul 2020, 19:06

EAGLEMUT wrote:Don't think I've heard of that before, try reinstalling completely: https://eso-community.net/download/file.php?type=exe&patch=latest

Same issue.

I tried launching treaty patch earlier, it gave the same error and also my anti virus complained, after telling the anti virus that I trust age3t.exe I could lauch treaty patch. But for age3f.exe my antivirus doesnt complain so I cant give it the permission like I did for treaty patch. also tried turning anti virus off but no progress
User avatar
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
Posts: 3922
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Location: [WPact]

26 Jul 2020, 19:09

Probably need to reinstall while having antivirus disabled.
User avatar
Germany aligator92
Howdah
Posts: 1048
ESO: aligator92

26 Jul 2020, 19:14

EAGLEMUT wrote:Probably need to reinstall while having antivirus disabled.


also didnt work. Treaty Patch still launches. And so does RE
User avatar
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
Posts: 3922
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Location: [WPact]

26 Jul 2020, 19:19

aligator92 wrote:
EAGLEMUT wrote:Probably need to reinstall while having antivirus disabled.


also didnt work. Treaty Patch still launches. And so does RE

Meh, try manually adding age3f.exe or ideally the whole AoE3 installation folder to some whitelist in the antivirus. If Treaty Patch works after getting allowed, it's gotta be something about the AV...
Image
momuuu wrote:theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
User avatar
Germany aligator92
Howdah
Posts: 1048
ESO: aligator92

26 Jul 2020, 19:22

EAGLEMUT wrote:
aligator92 wrote:
EAGLEMUT wrote:Probably need to reinstall while having antivirus disabled.


also didnt work. Treaty Patch still launches. And so does RE

Meh, try manually adding age3f.exe or ideally the whole AoE3 installation folder to some whitelist in the antivirus. If Treaty Patch works after getting allowed, it's gotta be something about the AV...

ye this fixed it :)
User avatar
Germany aligator92
Howdah
Posts: 1048
ESO: aligator92

26 Jul 2020, 21:14

Thank you very much for the quick help @EAGLEMUT
Latvia harcha
Howdah
Posts: 1264
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

26 Jul 2020, 21:44

what AV are you using @aligator92
User avatar
Germany aligator92
Howdah
Posts: 1048
ESO: aligator92

26 Jul 2020, 22:07

harcha wrote:what AV are you using @aligator92

Avast
User avatar
Great Britain TheNameDaniel
Advanced Player
Donator 01
Posts: 602
ESO: danielek
Location: UK

26 Jul 2020, 23:45

who uses antivirus software in 2020????!!
Image
Great Britain chris1089
Lancer
Posts: 825
ESO: chris1089

27 Jul 2020, 09:31

I think I have the same error since the new update as @aligator92 though the dialog box is in English for me.
Chrising is turking except you win.
Great Britain chris1089
Lancer
Posts: 825
ESO: chris1089

27 Jul 2020, 09:38

Screenshot of launcher and dialog box. Is it the same?
Attachments
EP Launcher Error.PNG
EP Launcher Error.PNG (495.4 KiB) Viewed 241 times
Chrising is turking except you win.
User avatar
Germany aligator92
Howdah
Posts: 1048
ESO: aligator92

27 Jul 2020, 09:51

chris1089 wrote:Screenshot of launcher and dialog box. Is it the same?


Yeah it is the same as mine on an english operating system. So what I had to do was go to antivirus software, find where you can give apps permission to ignore Ransomsoftware-protection and add the age3f.exe in your installation directory
Great Britain chris1089
Lancer
Posts: 825
ESO: chris1089

27 Jul 2020, 10:00

aligator92 wrote:
chris1089 wrote:Screenshot of launcher and dialog box. Is it the same?


Yeah it is the same as mine on an english operating system. So what I had to do was go to antivirus software, find where you can give apps permission to ignore Ransomsoftware-protection and add the age3f.exe in your installation directory

I've done the Ransomsoftware-protection exemption. Where is the age3f.exe file? In my games or in program files?
Chrising is turking except you win.
User avatar
Germany aligator92
Howdah
Posts: 1048
ESO: aligator92

27 Jul 2020, 10:39

chris1089 wrote:
aligator92 wrote:
chris1089 wrote:Screenshot of launcher and dialog box. Is it the same?


Yeah it is the same as mine on an english operating system. So what I had to do was go to antivirus software, find where you can give apps permission to ignore Ransomsoftware-protection and add the age3f.exe in your installation directory

I've done the Ransomsoftware-protection exemption. Where is the age3f.exe file? In my games or in program files?


C:\Program Files etc.
Great Britain chris1089
Lancer
Posts: 825
ESO: chris1089

27 Jul 2020, 14:56

It works now. Thanks @aligator92 and @EAGLEMUT .
Chrising is turking except you win.
Great Britain Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
Posts: 7110
ESO: PrinceofBabu

27 Jul 2020, 16:05

Who da man, you da man @EAGLEMUT
No Flag Narida
Crossbow
Posts: 11
ESO: Narida

27 Jul 2020, 17:20

No Flag timojin__
Crossbow
Posts: 13
ESO: timojin_

27 Jul 2020, 18:53

fixed now thanks to all

Forum Info

Return to “Tech Support”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest