Two product keys missing - have ESO accounts

No Flag Lavisintheair
Crossbow

Two product keys missing - have ESO accounts

Post by Lavisintheair »

Hello!

Me and a friend have both lost our Age of empires 3 cd boxes with the product keys (its been quite some years since we played the game). We both have the ESO accounts still and can login to the eso accounts management but we couldnt find any way of retrieving the CD keys to play online.

Is there any way to do this or do we have to re-buy the game ? :/

Thanks !!
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Re: Two product keys missing - have ESO accounts

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Hello, I'm a bit confused, if you can log in to account management, you shouldn't have problems with logging in into ESO through the game either. Are you simply unable to reinstall the game? In that case, you could use just any random CD key you find online, and afterwards proceed to log in using your original ESO accounts as normal.

I would not advise re-buying the game right now, as Microsoft has recently released an invalid batch of CD keys onto Steam and they don't work in multiplayer whatsoever.
No Flag Lavisintheair
Crossbow

Post by Lavisintheair »

hmmm
i've tried with a couple of random keys i found online but i keep getting the message "there is a problem with your game installation" and i've figured its due to bad cd key? is it not?

thanks for fast reply!
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Hmm, are you getting asked to enter a CD key on every launch of the game, or how did you try multiple? Perhaps try to launch the game as administrator (right click its shortcut -> run as administrator). You can also try manually applying latest official game patch: http://www.agecommunity.com/gameUpdates.aspx
No Flag Lavisintheair
Crossbow

Post by Lavisintheair »

i tried them using the registry script i found on this website somewhere. i cant even patch it - it gives the same error when i try to install the patch
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Ah. Well, sounds like your game installation is somehow corrupted, are you able to reinstall the game?
No Flag Lavisintheair
Crossbow

Post by Lavisintheair »

okay i reinstalled it and it works now , patched it and everything. but now when i try to login i get the error "account disabled". im confused. could that be due to "random" cd key ?
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Post by bwinner »

Lavisintheair wrote:okay i reinstalled it and it works now , patched it and everything. but now when i try to login i get the error "account disabled". im confused. could that be due to "random" cd key ?

I think you was banned. Rip
No Flag Lavisintheair
Crossbow

Post by Lavisintheair »

bwinner1 wrote:
Lavisintheair wrote:okay i reinstalled it and it works now , patched it and everything. but now when i try to login i get the error "account disabled". im confused. could that be due to "random" cd key ?

I think you was banned. Rip

why would i be banned? i haven't played in over five years
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Post by bwinner »

There is no mod anymore to ban now, so if you was, that was 5 years ago. Didn't you cheat/have been racist or whatever that could provide you a ban ?
No Flag Lavisintheair
Crossbow

Post by Lavisintheair »

i have never cheated : /
No Flag Lavisintheair
Crossbow

Post by Lavisintheair »

is there someone from ES i could contact regarding this, do you know?
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

I guess plus2joe would be the best to contact here? There are no more ES employees since ES is no more, but there are still community managers working for Microsoft, like Joe and Jenn.

You can try logging in with another account to see if the problem is actually your account. If it is, you may have to create/obtain a new ESO account.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

You could try to login on TAD if you were trying vanilla now (that is if you have TAD expansion). I've heard before that bans can be version-specific.
edeholland wrote:I guess plus2joe would be the best to contact here? There are no more ES employees since ES is no more, but there are still community managers working for Microsoft, like Joe and Jenn.

I think "worth a try" might be an overstatement at this point, but yeah, you could message those. Don't be too surprised if you never receive a reply.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01

Post by edeholland »

I can confirm, I received a ban for TAD once and could only play vanilla for a month. I wish they had just banned be on every platform, this was worse than death.
Switzerland ChewSick
Dragoon
ESO: chusik

Post by ChewSick »

edeholland wrote:I can confirm, I received a ban for TAD once and could only play vanilla for a month. I wish they had just banned be on every platform, this was worse than death.

:o
Germany supernapoleon
Lancer
ESO: Supernapoleon

Post by supernapoleon »

I recently created some new accounts because I have the bug that everytime start the game I can create a new one. I could give you one of mine to play online if you want.
"I'M SOOOOOO GOOD AT THE GAME"
Hazza wrote: "I mad u win cos u get carried all game and have to lame every game"
No Flag Lavisintheair
Crossbow

Post by Lavisintheair »

yeah, i've tried my friend's account and got the same error.
supernapoleon, what a great bug you got?! i guess this wont work with tech support. perhaps you could give me two so i could play with my friend, finally ?
Germany supernapoleon
Lancer
ESO: Supernapoleon

Post by supernapoleon »

Lavisintheair wrote:yeah, i've tried my friend's account and got the same error.
supernapoleon, what a great bug you got?! i guess this wont work with tech support. perhaps you could give me two so i could play with my friend, finally ?

I create an acc named Lavisintheair :P
I give you the pw via pm
"I'M SOOOOOO GOOD AT THE GAME"
Hazza wrote: "I mad u win cos u get carried all game and have to lame every game"
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01

Post by edeholland »

If you have the same bug with different accounts it means the account isn't blocked, so there is something wrong with your cd/product key. How did you obtain yours exactly?
No Flag Lavisintheair
Crossbow

Post by Lavisintheair »

yes its most likely the serial key, i googled for one, instructed by Eaglemut - "you could use just any random CD key you find online, and afterwards proceed to log in using your original ESO accounts as normal." - but i guess this is not really working (also the installation comes from "somewhere over there in google land" - could that be an issue? looks quite the same as my cds did - three CD iso's)
No Flag Lavisintheair
Crossbow

Post by Lavisintheair »

ok! managed to solve it - i found another installation that works and im able to login now !

thanks everyone for the feedback, its nice to see age3 has still a good community