In-Game Sound Tip! (for all streamers!)

Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Re: In-Game Sound Tip! (for all streamers!)

Post by EAGLEMUT »

macacoalbino wrote:Yeah, I'll test vsync on today. The thing is that when I turned it off the game just felt way smoother. I don't know if that's because the graphs settings i turned off with it or just the fps boost i got from turning it off

It's a fairly complex chain of trade-offs:

Windowed mode massively decreases lag of switching to/from the game window. However, vsync is broken in windowed mode and caps the fps way below 60 (I just tried and got capped to around 35FPS from 210FPS), making the game less smooth on any monitor refresh rate, basically. Disabling vsync makes the game run smooth in windowed mode, but the high FPS triggers a sound bug where all sounds become progressively desynced and completely disappear over time.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Post by macacoalbino »

Feels good to understand the trade-offs thanks a lot! I'll experiment with all of those. I think my vsync is capping fps at 60 as usual, but not sure

United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

I play in windowed mode with vsync. I have never experienced sound bug. I'm considering taking off vsync to see if the game is smoother hur dont want to Rick sound bug, as I hear once you get it, it doesnt go away
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

IAmSoldieR wrote:I play in windowed mode with vsync. I have never experienced sound bug. I'm considering taking off vsync to see if the game is smoother hur dont want to Rick sound bug, as I hear once you get it, it doesnt go away
It doesn't go away until you turn vsync back on. Or most of the time, until you restart.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Have to restart the game to fix sound bug, so realistically a restart every game to be 100% sure. Vsync is really bad, it even has gameplay implications such as delayed trade route travois and slower projectile fire.
Image Image Image
Pro Player

Post by SoldieR »

Wait, I thought it was standard to have vsync on..is it actually beneficial to turn it off (minus the sound bug)?
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor
ECL Reigning ChampsDonator 01
ESO: Riotcoke
Clan: UwU

Post by Riotcoke »

IAmSoldieR wrote:Wait, I thought it was standard to have vsync on..is it actually beneficial to turn it off (minus the sound bug)?

Yes, you get less frame lag. https://youtu.be/hjWSRTYV8e0?t=113 This is CSGO, but it shows what i mean.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

IAmSoldieR wrote:Wait, I thought it was standard to have vsync on..is it actually beneficial to turn it off (minus the sound bug)?

Well, the drawback of losing sound is just so big that it is standard to have vsync on, I'd say.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

What a fuck is honestly wrong with this game audio?

I just played 5 games without any kind of voice, sometimes, like 5% of time my vill says something and then it's completely silent again?
Pro Player

Post by SoldieR »

EAGLEMUT wrote:

Well, the drawback of losing sound is just so big that it is standard to have vsync on, I'd say.

So sound bug happens without vsync, but for windowed mode you need vsync, so is full screen without vsync best, or does that still get sound bug?
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah

Post by macacoalbino »

Garja wrote:Have to restart the game to fix sound bug, so realistically a restart every game to be 100% sure. Vsync is really bad, it even has gameplay implications such as delayed trade route travois and slower projectile fire.

What, can you explain a bit more about the gameplay implications? Why does that happen? :huh:

Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah

Post by macacoalbino »

IAmSoldieR wrote:
EAGLEMUT wrote:

So sound bug happens without vsync, but for windowed mode you need vsync, so is full screen without vsync best, or does that still get sound bug?

It seems like it is :hmm:

Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

IAmSoldieR wrote:
EAGLEMUT wrote:

Pretty sure that still gives you soundbug. If you can tolerate the huge lag of switching between a fullscreen application, fullscreen + vsync enabled should allow for both smooth gameplay and no soundbug. Personally, I can't tolerate that, though.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

Honestly, i think the best thing to do is just to restart your game after each game and try not to alt-tab. You won't get the huge negatives of V-sync and the sound bug only seems to happen after the 1st game.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Yeah, that might be the best, although kind of annoying. I hope we can take another look into possible fixes/improvements for this issue, since it's a critical bug really. I already tried to mess around with sounds a bit but that didn't seem to help, perhaps another thing to try is fixing vsync in windowed mode.
Great Britain Riotcoke
Retired Contributor

Post by Riotcoke »

EAGLEMUT wrote:Yeah, that might be the best, although kind of annoying. I hope we can take another look into possible fixes/improvements for this issue, since it's a critical bug really. I already tried to mess around with sounds a bit but that didn't seem to help, perhaps another thing to try is fixing vsync in windowed mode.

I do it anyway, as i like checking ESOC when i finish a game and when i alt-tab i can't join any games.

twitch.tv/stangoesdeepTV