Account Disabled + A few questions. (New here)

Great Britain PhilDeLeg
Crossbow
ESO: PhilDeLeg

Account Disabled + A few questions. (New here)

Post by PhilDeLeg »

Hello,

Today I purchased AOE3 from Steam. I created my account on there today as I did on here. Purchased the game AOE3 (Complete bundle) I launch the game when I attempted to login I got Account Disabled error when trying to login using my ESO account which I registered simultaneously whilst waiting for the download.

I downloaded all ESOC maps/patches and I want to jump back in and play online again, but can't.

Also when I load the game from steam I'm prompted to load AOE3 Complete Bundle, Asians & Warchiefs. Which one am I selecting?

Any aid is greatly appreciated.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Re: Account Disabled + A few questions. (New here)

Post by edeholland »

Hey @PhilDeLeg , welcome to the forums.

This website is an non-official community website for the game AoE3 and the platform ESO. The account you are making here only works for this forum (and you can connect your forum account in our Discord server, but that's not too important right now).

If I understand it correctly, you made an account while you were waiting for the download on Steam to finish? So you created an account on the forum? What you should try is is making an ESO(the online multiplayer platform) account, which is different from an ESOC(the forum) account. You do this by launching the base game without any expansions (which is the first option). Once you have made an account using the base game only, you can use that account to login with the expansions enabled. The majority of players is playing on the base game + the two expansions, so I recommend you launch that one (the third option) once you have created an account.

We are happy to help you out and answer any questions you have, so feel free to ask here or create a thread in the Welcome Board. For starters, it might be worth checking out this guide to ESO.

The ESOC patch in a non-official patch that adds balance changes and some new content. While it's generally considered to be an improvement over the base game, it's harder to find games using the ESOC patch and on lower levels they should be scheduled in advance. If you are new to AoE3, I suggest you play on the normal game + the two expansions for now. You can find more information about the ESOC patch on this page and more information about ESOC in general on this page.
Great Britain PhilDeLeg
Crossbow
ESO: PhilDeLeg

Post by PhilDeLeg »

edeholland wrote:Hey @PhilDeLeg , welcome to the forums.

This website is an non-official community website for the game AoE3 and the platform ESO. The account you are making here only works for this forum (and you can connect your forum account in our Discord server, but that's not too important right now).

If I understand it correctly, you made an account while you were waiting for the download on Steam to finish? So you created an account on the forum? What you should try is is making an ESO(the online multiplayer platform) account, which is different from an ESOC(the forum) account. You do this by launching the base game without any expansions (which is the first option). Once you have made an account using the base game only, you can use that account to login with the expansions enabled. The majority of players is playing on the base game + the two expansions, so I recommend you launch that one (the third option) once you have created an account.

We are happy to help you out and answer any questions you have, so feel free to ask here or create a thread in the Welcome Board. For starters, it might be worth checking out this guide to ESO.

The ESOC patch in a non-official patch that adds balance changes and some new content. While it's generally considered to be an improvement over the base game, it's harder to find games using the ESOC patch and on lower levels they should be scheduled in advance. If you are new to AoE3, I suggest you play on the normal game + the two expansions for now. You can find more information about the ESOC patch on this page and more information about ESOC in general on this page.

Hello, thank you for your quick response.
Okay so I attempted to create a new account and ran into what seems to be a common problem:

Account creation failed: [101]
Error 101bplease see
www.eso.com/101.aspx

Also I did note what you mentioned about the new patches perhaps making the game harder. I will proceed to remove them if it's possible so I can get the swing of things fully.

Any suggestions on what to do next, I've seen comments saying that it's in regards to the key. I literally purchased the game in the sales on steam not even 2 hours ago =\
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

@PhilDeLeg you need to start the first game. then you can proceed to The war chief, and then - and only then, should you try open The Asien dynesties. That way you can play all civs in Asien Dynasty. The warchief and asien dynesties are only additions to the original game. so you need to start with the Beginning ;)
If this is your second account, there are other trix to get that.
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Hi @PhilDeLeg, the eso.com domain has unfortunately been given up by Microsoft a few months ago, you can now find the relevant page on this mirror website: http://agecommunity.com/101.aspx (or here is just direct link to the script you need to run).

PhilDeLeg wrote:Also I did note what you mentioned about the new patches perhaps making the game harder. I will proceed to remove them if it's possible so I can get the swing of things fully.

You should actually keep the ESOC Patch installed anyway, it doesn't hinder you from playing the regular official version and offers some useful tools/options in the EP Launcher that can be used for the regular patch as well. It also grants you access to all ESOC maps to play as custom maps on the official patch.

Enjoy your stay :flowers: