"You do not have any custom maps loaded"

United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

"You do not have any custom maps loaded"

Post by SoldieR »

Odd error after hosting a RE game on custom maps EP Hudson Bay. I now go to EP and i cant have a ranked game i host. Sometimes I can change to ESOC maps but it still says no xp.
Attachments
er2.png
er1.png
Sweden tabben
Lancer
EWTNWC LAN Bronze
ESO: tabben

Re: "You do not have any custom maps loaded"

Post by tabben »

you ep is bugged, try reinstall
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Unfortunately ESO sometimes gets confused when switching between patches (either way), since it tries to preselect last played map, which does not necessarily exist on the currently opened patch. Reinstall may or may not help here, what you should try is hosting and launching a game on RE ESO (can be just unranked vs AI), while having a map or a mapset from the official list selected (no custom). Then try to return to EP and see if it clears up.
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Post by musketeer925 »

EAGLEMUT wrote:Unfortunately ESO sometimes gets confused when switching between patches (either way), since it tries to preselect last played map, which does not necessarily exist on the currently opened patch. Reinstall may or may not help here, what you should try is hosting and launching a game on RE ESO (can be just unranked vs AI), while having a map or a mapset from the official list selected (no custom). Then try to return to EP and see if it clears up.

Is this due to a shared config file between the two patches?

Could the EP launcher attempt to make sure the last played map setting is good for the patch it's about to launch before launching it? Could also save per-patch preferences in a separate EP launcher config file.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

@musketeer925 Would have to test it, but I think this specific issue might actually happen only when the custom map folder is empty (and you played a custom map last game). This is something that should in theory never happen between EP/RE, since EP attempts to share the custom map folder with RE - however, this can fail due to privileges or something I guess.
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

Sounds like maybe playing a game on RE with a different map, then going to EP might help..?

EDIT: Can confirm, this has fixed it! @EAGLEMUT @musketeer925
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

EAGLEMUT wrote:@musketeer925 Would have to test it, but I think this specific issue might actually happen only when the custom map folder is empty (and you played a custom map last game). This is something that should in theory never happen between EP/RE, since EP attempts to share the custom map folder with RE - however, this can fail due to privileges or something I guess.

Yeah, this is sort of what is happening IIRC. I remember in the earlier days of EP sometimes installing it would not grant you an RMF folder in Documents, which resulted in this bug. It's possible that something may have happened to Soldier's RM3 file to cause this on RE as well.