Nicht switch windows 10 bugs the game

Denmark Chinggis_Qaan
Crossbow
ESO: Chinggis_Qaan
GameRanger ID: 1000

Nicht switch windows 10 bugs the game

Post by Chinggis_Qaan »

Nicht switch windows 10 bugs the grafical display of the game. And when nicht switch is then turned off agian the game stays in nicht switch. Please help, what should I do?

I have attached a pic. of the prob.

/DK
Attachments
the grafical display of the game in nicht switch
the grafical display of the game in nicht switch
Denmark Chinggis_Qaan
Crossbow

Post by Chinggis_Qaan »

It is so on all my useres on my pc. and reinstall don't help(the pc. messes up the way it plays the game now every time)

/DK
Denmark Chinggis_Qaan
Crossbow

Re: Nicht switch windows 10 bugs the game

Post by Chinggis_Qaan »

after closer consideration - looking at the picture - it displays the game dobbel time = both with and without nicht switch on^^ at the same time

/DK
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Post by musketeer925 »

If turning off the night light setting fixes the problem, I would say turn it off before launching the game. Further, this could probably be automated with a wrapper script to disable it when starting the game and enable it when closing it, if that would solve the problem.

However, if that isn't resolving the problem, then it is probably not related to the night light setting. If not, I suspect this may be due to having only an integrated Intel graphics processing unit, instead of a discrete nVidia or AMD one. Is this the case on your PC? If so, I'd try the different "Shader Quality" settings in the in-game graphics options menu. Generally switching to one of the other shader settings resolves the problem on integrated graphics. However, to get the full graphical quality the game is capable of you may need a discrete GPU.

The reason that integrated graphics aren't sufficient isn't that the integrated graphics processing isn't powerful enough (as the game is very old, and doesn't require much power), but rather that the game wasn't programmed with integrated Intel graphics processing in mind (it didn't exist yet when the game was released), so some of the shaders don't seem to be compatible with Intel's graphics processors. Thus if you're purchasing a GPU for the game, any low-end Intel or AMD gaming card would likely suffice, so there would be no need to get anything very powerful.
Denmark Chinggis_Qaan
Crossbow

Post by Chinggis_Qaan »

The problem came in the moment nicht light was turned on and did not disapere when disabled(so surely linked to that somehow)

I just tryed changing "Shader Quality" from very high to medium(no change) and back(no change)

I have attached a pic. of my pc's system(processor etc.)

/DK
Attachments
mit system.PNG
Denmark Chinggis_Qaan
Crossbow

Post by Chinggis_Qaan »

" this could probably be automated with a wrapper script to disable it when starting the game and enable it when closing it" how do I get such?

/DK
Denmark Chinggis_Qaan
Crossbow

Post by Chinggis_Qaan »

What I tryed:
same prob. on vanila(ground version)

trying diffrent acounts on my pc does not work either

reinstaling don't work either

/DK
Denmark Chinggis_Qaan
Crossbow

Post by Chinggis_Qaan »

Atm. I'm considering to try to uninstall the nicht licht thing - I will get more sleep knowing that my aoe 3 works than that nicht licht ever could do any way haha ;)

/DK
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Post by musketeer925 »

Chinggis_Qaan wrote:" this could probably be automated with a wrapper script to disable it when starting the game and enable it when closing it" how do I get such?

/DK

If disabling the night light manually doesn't fix it, there's no reason to try to pursue this. (From your responses I think disabling it didn't help?)

I just tryed changing "Shader Quality" from very high to medium(no change) and back(no change)

I also have Low and High available as well, I would try both if they show up in your shader quality options. I'm pretty sure Low works on the PC I've played on with an Intel integrated GPU.

I have attached a pic. of my pc's system(processor etc.)

Unfortunately that screen doesn't show GPU, if you run "dxdiag" and show the Display and Render tabs it will show the GPU info.
Denmark Chinggis_Qaan
Crossbow

Post by Chinggis_Qaan »

I fixed it by installing the https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softwar ... ws10(where the nicht light funktion first was enabled) but to me that was someward a last resort

I have attached a pic. of the GPU info now(I think xD) since I hope the problem could be solwed in a better way in the future

/DK
Attachments
GPU info.PNG
Great Britain Mousedevil
Crossbow
ESO: Mousedevil

Post by Mousedevil »

Good to hear you fixed it, on another note, I'd recommend not using the windows night light since it's very automated and static (IE it comes on at this time, and this is what it looks like). Instead use a better program for the solution. It's called flux; search google for "f.lux", it monitors the best setting for your eyes throughout the day. I know many people who work in IT that use this (including myself). It's worth a google