EP not working

Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

EP not working

Post by Sargsyan »

hey guys a friend of mine can't play on ep as hes getting this error, got any idea what can cause this.\
he tried reinstalling the patch but unfortunately it didnt help
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Re: EP not working

Post by musketeer925 »

Is he able to access http://abc.xyz/? EP checks network connectivity by ensuring the page responds. We use this instead of eso.com, since the eso.com domain is no longer owned by Microsoft. We replaced it with abc.xyz, a Google-owned domain, which we expect to be up most of the time. I suppose it may not be accessible in some countries, however (China perhaps?)

If he can't access this URL, he can get it working by editing his hosts file to point that domain name to some page he can access. See this post: https://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=14403

Instead of replacing eso.com, as in the thread above, instead point abc.xyz to some IP that responds properly using the hosts file method in the thread above.
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by Sargsyan »

Yeah he can access it, btw hes not new to ep he has played alot of games on the patch when suddenly he started getting this error
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by musketeer925 »

If he was willing to do a Wireshark capture of him attempting to connect to ESO and share that, it might help us debug what's going on:

https://www.wireshark.org/

This program can capture all network activity occurring on your PC with all the little details. Ideally while doing a capture you'd want to disable any other software that makes connections to the internet as it clutters up the capture, and could include personal information (i.e., close browsers, chat programs, etc). Not sure when this error occurs (I think before entering ESO password?), but if not, it would be easy to get your ESO password out of a Wireshark capture, so don't just post it here directly; a PM to me or EAGLEMUT would be fine. (If you don't trust me and eaglemut you probably shouldn't install the patch)

It's also not unreasonable to not want to share a Wireshark capture since it can be difficult to disable all internet-connected programs, which may cause personal info to be saved in the capture. However, I'm not sure I have other ideas of what could cause the problem, maybe @EAGLEMUT does.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Probably EP itself gets blocked by some firewall or antivirus.
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by musketeer925 »

EAGLEMUT wrote:Probably EP itself gets blocked by some firewall or antivirus.

That seems like a probable cause. If that's the case a Wireshark capture may not be too helpful.
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by Sargsyan »

Not sure about firewall but turning off the antivirus didn't hel
Edit: he added the patch into the exception list of firewall but didnt help either
Ukraine Orange
Crossbow
ESO: Апельсин

Post by Orange »

Fixed that, i had EP launcher problem. EP works if use age3f.exe
TY Xacops for help.