You have lost network connectivity. Please check your internet connection and restart the game.

United States of America MrCrimson
Crossbow
ESO: MrCrimson

You have lost network connectivity. Please check your internet connection and restart the game.

Post by MrCrimson »

I've been playing this game for, probably more than 15 years, and over the past couple of months; I've been getting this error that I've never gotten before, as kicks me out of right in the middle of a game (basically the same way that Out Of Sync errors do):

"You have lost network connectivity. Please check your internet connection and restart the game."

It's VERY frustrating, and of course it leaves my teammates to fend for themselves. If this goes on for very long, some people will add me to their pest lists.

I've tried ALL of the following things:

1. Restarting the game.
2. Restarting Windows (I have Windows 7 64 bit, running on a Dell with an Intel Core i7 and 16 GB of RAM).
3. Reinstalling the game on Steam.
4. Reinstalling Windows (yes, I said I COMPLETELY reinstalled Windows)!
5. Putting my computer in the DMZ in my cable (I have Comcast) router configuration.
6. Ipconfig release/renew before each game.

...and it's STILL giving me this #$^%ing error!

I've Google searched and searched and haven't found ANYONE with this issue. Am I really the only one who gets this error?!

NONE of my other programs, browsers, apps, etc have ANY issues connecting to the Internet. Why does ESO suck so much?

Does anyone have any ideas? As you can see from the details above, I'm really out of options, as far as I know.

20190607_171459.jpg
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Re: You have lost network connectivity. Please check your internet connection and restart the game.

Post by kami_ryu »

I feel like your internet connection itself is perhaps to blame here. Though you say that nothing else is having issues, just specifically ESO.

Maybe it's the computer itself? Do you have another computer you could try to use? same connection or whatever? that would help pinpoint where the problem is
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Re: You have lost network connectivity. Please check your internet connection and restart the game.

Post by Mitoe »

Try a different internet connection and see if you still get the same error.
Denmark crjensen4
Dragoon
Donator 07
ESO: crjensen4

Post by crjensen4 »

I had a similar issue, however, with my iPhone. My old router would sometimes see my IPhone as intrusive and completely cut it off the net. I called the cable company and got them to send me a new router - no issues since.
I tried a ton of stuff to no avail - but as stated a new router did the trick.
So give em a call and get them to send you a new router:)
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Am I really the only one who gets this error?!

It is not normal to get this error. Sounds to me like there is really a problem with your internet connection - possibly you have a frequently changing dynamic IP address, which is something the game is unable to recover from without a full game restart.
Crossbow

Post by MrCrimson »

EAGLEMUT wrote:

possibly you have a frequently changing dynamic IP address, which is something the game is unable to recover from without a full game restart.

I think that sounds like the best explanation, and would be the best explanation, if not for the fact that my IP address rarely changes with Comcast. It's like MAYBE once every 1-3 months. I'm getting this error on nearly every game (I play mostly every day).

Even still, I called Comcast this evening, spent about an hour with their support only to find out they can only provide static IP addresses with a business account. And, of course, that would be a lot more money. I certainly don't want to spend all that money just to play a computer game online. Priorities, am I right?

crjensen4 - thanks for that, friend, but I bought my own modem/router so I wouldn't have to pay Comcast the rental fee every month. Save money long term. This modem/router, from Best Buy, might still be under warranty so maybe I can get it replaced. That might work. Thanks again!

Thank you all, so much for your ideas.

If anyone has anymore ideas, I would be more than happy to entertain them.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

MrCrimson wrote:
EAGLEMUT wrote:

possibly you have a frequently changing dynamic IP address, which is something the game is unable to recover from without a full game restart.

I think that sounds like the best explanation, and would be the best explanation, if not for the fact that my IP address rarely changes with Comcast. It's like MAYBE once every 1-3 months. I'm getting this error on nearly every game (I play mostly every day).

Even still, I called Comcast this evening, spent about an hour with their support only to find out they can only provide static IP addresses with a business account. And, of course, that would be a lot more money. I certainly don't want to spend all that money just to play a computer game online. Priorities, am I right?

crjensen4 - thanks for that, friend, but I bought my own modem/router so I wouldn't have to pay Comcast the rental fee every month. Save money long term. This modem/router, from Best Buy, might still be under warranty so maybe I can get it replaced. That might work. Thanks again!

Thank you all, so much for your ideas.

If anyone has anymore ideas, I would be more than happy to entertain them.
What router do you have?
Germany supernapoleon
Lancer
ESO: Supernapoleon

Post by supernapoleon »

Try this https://youtu.be/1Ac0OYjJR3Y
I used to have a smiliar problem, this helped me!
"I'M SOOOOOO GOOD AT THE GAME"
Hazza wrote: "I mad u win cos u get carried all game and have to lame every game"
India Frost Bite
Dragoon
ESO: ContainsCaffeine
GameRanger ID: 3243371

Post by Frost Bite »

My ISP also provides Dynamic-IP address, but it doesn't change that frequently. Can you try to use LAN wire? instead of wi-fi?
World War 3 is inevitable, Run for your lives, fools
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

MrCrimson wrote:
EAGLEMUT wrote:

It doesn't have to be the public-facing IP that's changing frequently, I believe it can be the local one leased by your router through DHCP, I actually had a similar issue with this a long time ago. Although you said you did Ipconfig release/renew which perhaps makes this less likely, I think it would still be worth a try to set up a static local IP and not use DHCP at all, which is relatively easy: https://portforward.com/networking/static-ip-windows-10.htm
Crossbow

Post by MrCrimson »

[/quote]What router do you have?[/quote]

Arris Surfboard. The model number is pretty long, but it starts with "SBG"...
Crossbow

Post by MrCrimson »

MrCrimson wrote:
What router do you have?[/quote]

Arris Surfboard. The model number is pretty long, but it starts with "SBG"...[/quote]

Here's the model number: SBG6950AC2
Crossbow

Post by MrCrimson »

EAGLEMUT wrote:It doesn't have to be the public-facing IP that's changing frequently, I believe it can be the local one leased by your router through DHCP, I actually had a similar issue with this a long time ago. Although you said you did Ipconfig release/renew which perhaps makes this less likely, I think it would still be worth a try to set up a static local IP and not use DHCP at all, which is relatively easy: https://portforward.com/networking/static-ip-windows-10.htm

That worked! I've played about 10 games now, and was connected just fine all the way through (this error WAS happening nearly every game before).

Thanks so much!

Now to figure out the other issue that just started also, over the past week, with the game freezing for about 2-3 minutes every time one of the computer players resigns (I play comp stomps almost exclusively). I'll start another thread, though, unless any of you have an idea on this one too. :P