Unit group hotkeys sometimes do not select groups

Latvia harcha
Gendarme
ESO: hatamoto_samurai

Unit group hotkeys sometimes do not select groups

Post by harcha »

Hello,

Recently I made a new PC for my gaming needs (WIndows 10), but I keep encountering this bug in TAD where unit group hotkeys do not respond some of the time. So I will be mid game and so far everything is working fine, but then in the middle of the fight unit selection hotkey (i use 1 - 5) will not select units and last selection (sometimes nothing selected) will remain. I have tried mashing the key over and over when this occurs, but still nothing, so cannot be keyboard at fault. This happens at random, but usually mid fight (has happened also when just tasking military to waypoints).

I have tried the following troubleshooting steps without success:
Reinstalled Steam copy,
Reinstalled pirated CD copy (no cracks required on latest ESO patch),
Changed input keyboard language in Windows (previously I had an issue where NFS Shift will not start, turned out this was due to custom keyboard layout I use) to various languages like Latvian standard, English US, English UK,
Change settings in game - enable IME input, hotkeys do not allow conflicts (the unit group hotkeys show bright yellow meaning no conflicts).

I have another PC with Windows 7 that does not have this glitch with same peripherals connected, same Steam install, same savefile and settings. Do you have any ideas how I can further troubleshoot?
POC wrote:Also I most likely know a whole lot more than you.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Re: Unit group hotkeys sometimes do not select groups

Post by harcha »

Any ideas would be appreciated as the problem is ongoing.
POC wrote:Also as an objective third party, and near 100% accuracy of giving correct information, I would say my opinions are more reliable than yours.
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

Maybe the keyboard is faulty? No idea honestly
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

No, ruled that out already. Issue appears with 2 different keyboards.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

maybe you have a system hotkey under a unit hotkey and when you select one it overlaps with the other
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

Yesterday seemed ok but I still need to check more. The nature of problem is random so not certain yet.
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

I have never seen gib post more than 6 characters it's very rare doesn't happen in discussions...GIB IN.
:nwc:
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

Issue still persists even after closing all the software for peripherals and screen recording :( any other ideas?
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

i see that @theonlybaus has similar problem in a recent yt vod. did ya find any solution?
No Flag Shahpur
Skirmisher

Post by Shahpur »

Every now and then I forget to close Mouse without borders for using one mouse in 2 pc and the control key doesn't work. It's very likely what is causing the problem is some software that uses the keyboard. So try to open task manager and look around if you see any strange programs running in the background
Latvia harcha
Gendarme

Post by harcha »

i'll check my windows 10 hotkeys again but i'm pretty sure that i already tried to find anything that might be stealing button presses