Can't create ESO account

India Harsha
Musketeer
ESO: adhoc

Can't create ESO account

Post by Harsha »

Hello,

I've been trying to create an online ESO account but I can't get it to work. At first, it said that I had lost connection to ESO and took me back to main menu while the um "Creating account..." message was still open. The msg was still there even after a while, so I assumed it was stuck. And after that, it kept giving me the "Account creation failed : [100] Bad CD Key" error.

Stuff that might be relevant to this issue :
-I am using a legit key from a copy I bought years ago. I also have another older copy but that one doesn't come with the extension packs I think
-Tried the windows 7 registry script. Didn't work. I mean it did delete the entries but the issue persisted.I am using Win 10 btw
-Am trying to create the account using the vanilla exe (the expansion packs are also installed)
-I tried logging in with an old eso account I had but it also gave me the bad cd key error. Am a bit hazy on the password, so maybe entered the wrong one.

If you have any questions, let me know. Would really appreciate any help on this.
Armenia Sargsyan
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: lamergamer
Clan: c0ns

Re: Can't create ESO account

Post by Sargsyan »

i can make you an account
krichk wrote:For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge Challenger_Marco
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

Yes please make him one btw I can make accounts too 21
:nwc:
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Sounds like you simply bought a bad key and are a couple years late to refund it.

Note that even if someone else creates an account for you, you won't be able to use it unless you switch to a different, non-bad CD key.
India Harsha
Musketeer

Post by Harsha »

Hmm I am not sure. Back when I played with the old account, I think it might have been the same key. Not sure ofc.

Also when the game asks me for a key after I use the registry script, it accepts my current key. Shouldn't it reject it if it was a bad key?
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Harsha wrote:Hmm I am not sure. Back when I played with the old account, I think it might have been the same key. Not sure ofc.
If you had already created an account on this key, you wouldn't be able to create a new one now anyway. You can only create one account per CD key. However, since you're getting error 100, it seems unlikely you could've ever created an account on this CD key.
Also when the game asks me for a key after I use the registry script, it accepts my current key. Shouldn't it reject it if it was a bad key?
No, error 100 means it's a bad key in terms of being unusable in multiplayer (a key not activated for ESO usage). A key rejected during installation would be an entirely invalid key.
India Harsha
Musketeer

Post by Harsha »

Aha got it
EAGLEMUT wrote:However, since you're getting error 100, it seems unlikely you could've ever created an account on this CD key.
Ye someone else created it for me back then. Guess I used some other key to play on it.

Will have to do the same now