Treasures not visible on minimap

Germany cr4zypi3t
Crossbow

Treasures not visible on minimap

Post by cr4zypi3t »

After reading some posts here I got AoE III - Asian Dynasties (Vanilla, no ESOC Patch) to work with the native 1440p resolution of my monitors.
The only thing I noticed apart from buggy font scaling was that treasures just wont show up on the minimap (the minimap being pretty buggy in general, but still usable).
Is there any known fix to this? I'm far from being a pro in this game but I still want to see the "x" from treasures on my minimap if possible. Playing on 1080p fixes the problem but the scaling makes the game look super blurry on my monitor.
Using the ESOC Patch (if that fixes my bug) is sadly not an option because I play with friends and theyre not using any patches (and dont want to).
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Re: Treasures not visible on minimap

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Can you share a screenshot demonstrating the issue? Game just looks normal for me on 1440p.
Germany cr4zypi3t
Crossbow

Re: Treasures not visible on minimap

Post by cr4zypi3t »

I just got it to work. For anyone wondering how this issue can be fixed:
I just deleted the "Age of Empires 3" folder in "Documents\My Games" and reinstalled the game using steam. Then I installed the ESOC Patch (7.0.0.1) and started the patched game to change my graphics settings (which worked fine).
After that I closed the game and started the unpatched version using the ESOC launcher and the problem was gone. Seems like I maybe had a bad file or error in the config